Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 02:42 AM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times

Advertisements

they broke in to my son's locker at la fitness .stole his clothes and wallet . then drove around the parking lot clicking the remote until they found his car and stole that too .

cops said this seemed to be an on going theme there .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 07:43 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
https://patch.com/new-york/newhydepa...ss-locker-room

Who would take that to a gym!?!?

Old 04-18-2017, 02:08 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Or, perhaps more realistically, claim that amount was stolen, claim it was somehow due to negligence on the gym's part, and attempt to sue to recover money you never had. I could see an idiot trying that.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:24 PM

401 posts, read 551,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
they broke in to my son's locker at la fitness .stole his clothes and wallet . then drove around the parking lot clicking the remote until they found his car and stole that too .

cops said this seemed to be an on going theme there .
Went there for 10 months, heard of 3 incidences of stolen equipment out locker just from word of mouth. I used to bring my gym bag everywhere instead of using the locker. I felt even the basketball courts were more reliable to leave stuff oddly enough. This did happen though sporadically when I started going to this gym in 2009. Used to go here from 2009-2011. Started up again for 10 months in 2016. Gym's equipment is really outdated too.

I will say this though, the basketball players who play here are actually really good. I've run into a few former low tier D1 school players there and I remember hearing of some dude who played former college ball at UNC who used to come and play pick-up games back in like 2010. Dude was amazing. Rumors had it he played in Europe for awhile too. I just hate how compact the courts is. Very hard to get into a quality pickup game if you don't have size, a good regular, or a super athlete. Played 3 in a row once and was only passed the ball once. Made my only shot attempt and was never passed to again lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island