Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 12:19 PM

215 posts, read 248,235 times

Advertisements

Oh, and I forgot to ask - what makes you think I would vote for Hillary? Or are you just in "hotkarl mode"??

Either way, that's pretty funny. Actually, I voted for Monty Brewster...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 12:49 PM

2,604 posts, read 3,401,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1174Sixer View Post
Oh, and I forgot to ask - what makes you think I would vote for Hillary? Or are you just in "hotkarl mode"??

Either way, that's pretty funny. Actually, I voted for Monty Brewster...
I don't know. Not that it matters to me who you voted for. I just replied to your statement of how the threads turn political with my irrelevant statement .

Old 05-24-2017, 01:15 PM

215 posts, read 248,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I don't know. Not that it matters to me who you voted for. I just replied to your statement of how the threads turn political with my irrelevant statement .
Haha, gotcha. That's what I had assumed, but you never know around here...

Old 05-24-2017, 03:47 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LInature View Post
What is up with all of the PVC vinyl fences popping up all over the town of Islip and the rest of LI??!
They're hideous to look at and they're made out of freaking PVC which is one of the most toxic building materials ever created. Of course the manufacturers and distributors are obviously going to say that it's safe but it's been proven that it off-gasses and leeches into the surrounding environment for the entire life of the fence. It poses an extreme public health hazard as well as an extreme environmental hazard. I don't understand why people who have kids wouldn't take the time to do a little bit of research before walling off their entire house with a 6' fence of this tacky-looking toxic material!! Everyone assumes that since something is popular, or that a lot of people are using a particular material that it's safe!! At one point everyone had asbestos Kentile and thought that was safe as well. At one time everyone smoked and it was considered safe!

People are putting up these disgusting, toxic, 6' tall, plastic, behemoth eyesores everywhere!!
They completely obstruct airflow, wall-off views of greenery and cause yards to have a claustrophobic, enclosed, jail-like feel. As if you're stuck in a jail made of ugly, cancer- causing, tacky-looking plastic. Yuck!!!! I'd rather look at an old fashioned wood fence any day!! Even chain link fences look a million times better!
Are you done with your ranting???. PVC gives our yard more privacy, it lasts longer than wood stockade. If you are that worried about the toxicity of PVC I guess you should live in the middle of nowhere like Montana where PVC fences are less likely to be put up. I love our PVC fence and we chose an almond color to match our house. On the other hand I am not worried about PVC being toxic and I don't have kids. There are more serious matters going on in this world than PVC fences being toxic. If you care so much then write a letter to congress.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Wow, I had no idea so many folks hate PVC fences?? I planned to knock down the wood fence in our yard and replace it w/ PVC. I personally find it makes the yard look "neater".

Plus you can get it in off white or beige. Here is a pic of a nice fence that blends in with the pool/patio area:

https://goo.gl/images/O7nzdO

PS I hate Trump and not sure what he has to do with why people like these fences.
My PVC fence is the color in your photo. We did this last summer and I don't regret it one bit.

Old 05-24-2017, 04:16 PM

55 posts, read 180,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Are you done with your ranting???. PVC gives our yard more privacy, it lasts longer than wood stockade. If you are that worried about the toxicity of PVC I guess you should live in the middle of nowhere like Montana where PVC fences are less likely to be put up. I love our PVC fence and we chose an almond color to match our house. On the other hand I am not worried about PVC being toxic and I don't have kids. There are more serious matters going on in this world than PVC fences being toxic. If you care so much then write a letter to congress.

Also rip out all your pvc plumbing in the walls. After this go outside and rip out your sewer pipe and demand to have a clay pipe installed.

Old 05-24-2017, 04:29 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max7418 View Post
Also rip out all your pvc plumbing in the walls. After this go outside and rip out your sewer pipe and demand to have a clay pipe installed.
Might as well peel off your homes vinyl siding and go back to something safe like asbestos shingles, I mean it is vinyl .....

Old 05-24-2017, 04:46 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,447 times
We fenced in the yard with white PVC and couldn't be happier with it. Looks bright and clean, will last a lot longer than I'll ever live here, and since most people like it because it's maintenance free, it's a selling point. By all means, if you don't like PVC, use wood, and replace it when it rots.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max7418 View Post
Are you for real? No one is going to do this and I certainly won't. If I die from PVC toxicity oh well.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:31 PM

397 posts, read 515,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1174Sixer View Post
Man, does every thread on here have to devolve into a political rant? Like a bunch of little kids slinging mud in the schoolyard, I tell ya…

Welcome to the internet..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island