Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 05:26 PM

45 posts, read 48,183 times

Advertisements

love growing fruit trees from weird exotic stuff to simple stuff

I find almost everything in the mail order companies online for cheap
fruit trees from 5$-30$ and a flat or free shipping with certain big orders
not sure how they do that?!
I go to any local store the cheapest fruit tree is 50$ going up to 200$ or more depending

I know I get bare root most of the time from mail order with a much shorter tree , but it i a tree and it grows and has 1 year guarantee most of the time..

and so much varieties...
5 in 1 apples , peaches, pears grafted
dwarf or normal
etc...

these nurseries should be shipping from somewhere and still making money after shipping... do we have anything close to that locally in New York, CT or NJ? Long island would be awesome

Yes we have Hicks and some other famous ones.. most dont have many varieties and any respectable plant is 120$

I ordered 3 Russian pomegranate from Ohio for 40$ shipped 2 years old and potted

15 giant greens 2 feet tall potted for 170$ shipped any local store I called don't sell under 3 feet and nothing under 50$ each.

anyway... I would like to shop local support local growers and would love to see what I buy but for 10 time the price?!

looking for
apples, peaches, pears, Quince, Asian persimmon, Loquat

would appreciate some info on this

also if you know a good online order fruit tree company that ships in soil fruit trees, trying to stay away from bare root if possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 04:33 PM

57 posts, read 51,261 times
Default cheap sams?

out east

Old 06-20-2017, 05:17 PM

45 posts, read 48,183 times
Any nursery comes to mind so i can check out with hood prices and availability ?

I dont mind the drive as long as it is fruitful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: