Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:02 PM

36 posts, read 36,133 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_iBOEDb7PM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 08:52 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flattopcowboy View Post
illegal immigration from south america has been declining steadily since 2009, however, illegal immigrants from other parts of the world has been increasing. So since it was declining already, trump saying we should beat up south american prisoners does little other than undermine American values of justice, not surprising though considering how much contempt trump has for the rule of law.
What are you smoking?
1. Illegal immigration from South America has been declining since 2009?
2. Trump says to beath up South American prisoners?
3. Undermine American values of justice: I mean, breaking the law by entering the country illegally isn't doing just that?

Old 07-29-2017, 10:58 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Have not been able to follow this story today. Better things to do. Saddens me as everyone here knows how I feel on this topic. So I try to stay on top of things regarding this.

I will say this (of course I don't expect everyone to agree)though. HE is doing far better on this topic than the previous jerk! At least he WAS here on LI & that alone lets us all know he is well aware of the problems here. Of course he can't snap his fingers & make it all go away quickly. Took years to get this bad. While I do not agree with some of the things he has said & done. He does know what he is doing.

Patience people! Things take time when you want to do them right. Like they say Rome wasn't built in a day. For those who expected him to fix things quickly have no clue as to what he is up against. Those people can give up & run if they wish.

Now. Had he have been POTUS 4 or heck even 8 years ago this problem probably never would have escalated so much to where it is now. Takes time to fix years worth of mistakes. It never should have gotten this far. I can tell from the small business/favor I do for a friend that it is getting better. Far less Non-English speaking people have been inquiring about rentals we are helping him market. Used to be at least 70% at one point. This week only 2 out of about 100 inquiries spoke zero English at all.

But can also say this Realtors are right now #1 contact for these rentals. They all say the same exact copycat thing with their response. We have the best tenants in waiting. Cash on hand type of thing. We already did the credit & background checks on them. No cost to you the landlord. Basically Copy & Paste. Sorry I am already a middle man that does not get between landlord/homeowner & his choice of picking the best tenant to avoid evictions hassle in the future.

All you realtors know how the system works for rentals on LI & in NYS in general. To you it is just 1x income & run. To the landlords it is way more than that. The wrong tenant can be a homeowners biggest nightmare. This friend we have that asked us for help said he will NEVER use a realtor for a rental again. The last bunch he used a realtor for ended up as nightmare evictions. A few of the evictions had lots to do with topic of this post. They lied & bought in ILLEGALS to live with them! Landlords have no choice but to be very choosy now.

At least no illegals have been contacting us the past 4 days! Monday was the last day we heard from someone who spoke NO ENGLISH!

Guess everyone has to make a living.
How is it that you not only continue to discriminate against people who speak a foreign language but also believe that is an indication of immigration status in and of itself? I know you are against law breakers but continue to excuse your own law breaking in not reporting the income you receive for screening prospective tenants.

Old 07-29-2017, 11:05 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Gangs like these, and Muslim terrorists are two major threats to our safety, and security. Both were willingly allowed to come here illegally under the Obama Administration, and they purposely brought un-vetted, Muslim refugees here. Who knows how many are terrorist, and criminals. I am glad Trump is addressing both of these issues.

Old 07-29-2017, 11:56 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
How is it that you not only continue to discriminate against people who speak a foreign language but also believe that is an indication of immigration status in and of itself? I know you are against law breakers but continue to excuse your own law breaking in not reporting the income you receive for screening prospective tenants.
Again like I had said in the past. ALL income is reported properly. May not be the way some like. But it is all reported. There are proper ways you know? I am allowed by law to make a certain amount per year in case you did not know. But accountant does it properly & we have even called IRS to make sure it is being done correctly. For 10 yrs. they have been saying. YES we are doing it the right way.

And we do not ever discriminate when it comes to the rentals we are given. But these days one can not be too careful. He approved & rented to 2 people (2 separate apts) that are on programs due to disability in the last month alone. But a homeowner has the legal right to protect themselves. And so far with the type you mention we have not been wrong yet. Mostly all that we communicate via (voice) phone speak little to Zero English. Many practically also beg to speak via text only. And when we ask if they are here legally 99 out of 100 hang up.

One lied a few weeks ago & said yes. But then fess up once it came time to fill out the application & show ID & last years tax returns & last 4 pay stubs. That guy walked. Back on topic. He was definitely illegal & more than likely MS-13. Glad he/them are out of our lives.

But as for POTUS being here it shows he is telling us he has not forgotten about LI as a whole. I will say lack in calls interested in rentals by illegals is a tell tale sign they are going elsewhere. The question is. Where? My Realtor friend in Toms River,NJ said their offices is seeing more than usual the past few weeks. Maybe they are heading there now too? Would not surprise me. The illegals & MS-13 are spreading out. That can be bad for areas they spread to.

Enjoy & stay safe the rest of the weekend.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:57 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Again like I had said in the past. ALL income is reported properly. May not be the way some like. But it is all reported. There are proper ways you know? I am allowed by law to make a certain amount per year in case you did not know. But accountant does it properly & we have even called IRS to make sure it is being done correctly. For 10 yrs. they have been saying. YES we are doing it the right way.

And we do not ever discriminate when it comes to the rentals we are given. But these days one can not be too careful. He approved & rented to 2 people (2 separate apts) that are on programs due to disability in the last month alone. But a homeowner has the legal right to protect themselves. And so far with the type you mention we have not been wrong yet. Mostly all that we communicate via (voice) phone speak little to Zero English. Many practically also beg to speak via text only. And when we ask if they are here legally 99 out of 100 hang up.

One lied a few weeks ago & said yes. But then fess up once it came time to fill out the application & show ID & last years tax returns & last 4 pay stubs. That guy walked. Back on topic. He was definitely illegal & more than likely MS-13. Glad he/them are out of our lives.

But as for POTUS being here it shows he is telling us he has not forgotten about LI as a whole. I will say lack in calls interested in rentals by illegals is a tell tale sign they are going elsewhere. The question is. Where? My Realtor friend in Toms River,NJ said their offices is seeing more than usual the past few weeks. Maybe they are heading there now too? Would not surprise me. The illegals & MS-13 are spreading out. That can be bad for areas they spread to.

Enjoy & stay safe the rest of the weekend.
Definitely? What proof do you have? Speaking Spanish is not proof. There are at least a half dozen statements above you can't support with fact.

The baseless conclusions you draw, as evidenced in your many posts, show how detached from reality so many here are. The sorry part is that so many make voting decisions based on similar "facts."

Old 07-30-2017, 06:08 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
illegal immigration from south america has been declining steadily since 2009, however, illegal immigrants from other parts of the world has been increasing. So since it was declining already, trump saying we should beat up south american prisoners does little other than undermine American values of justice, not surprising though considering how much contempt trump has for the rule of law.

At least get your facts straight before you post complete nonsense.. Illegal immigration from South America is not a major issue. Illegal immigration from CENTRAL America as well as Mexico is. Particularly on LI the vast majority of illegals are El Sal, Guatemalan, and Honduran. MS13 is a Central American gang. So when you misconstrue a stupid joke trump made into encouraging police to literally beat suspects at least get your geography correct.

Last edited by peconic117; 07-30-2017 at 06:16 AM..

Old 07-30-2017, 07:16 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
Quote:
Contempt for the rule of law by actually enforcing the laws currently in place?

Old 07-30-2017, 08:30 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,888,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
At least get your facts straight before you post complete nonsense.. Illegal immigration from South America is not a major issue. Illegal immigration from CENTRAL America as well as Mexico is. Particularly on LI the vast majority of illegals are El Sal, Guatemalan, and Honduran. MS13 is a Central American gang. So when you misconstrue a stupid joke trump made into encouraging police to literally beat suspects at least get your geography correct.
The stupid "joke" isn't being taken as a joke by police departments across the country. Only joke here is the president.

Old 07-30-2017, 08:54 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
The stupid "joke" isn't being taken as a joke by police departments across the country. Only joke here is the president.
lol whatever lib. Continue living in fantasy land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island