Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,535 times

Advertisements

Are there any restaurants or bars in Suffolk county that are serving all-you-can-eat Corned Beef and Cabbage for Saint Patrick's Day on Monday the 17th?

Also... Can anyone please post ANY restaurants that have buffet style or "all-you-can-eat", besides Chinese buffets and the Old Country Buffet.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 09:04 PM

128 posts, read 234,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhiannonRings View Post
Are there any restaurants or bars in Suffolk county that are serving all-you-can-eat Corned Beef and Cabbage for Saint Patrick's Day on Monday the 17th?

Also... Can anyone please post ANY restaurants that have buffet style or "all-you-can-eat", besides Chinese buffets and the Old Country Buffet.

Thank you!
Just about every corner and sports Bar Restaurant anyplace. You dont get fancy plates and forks but Corned Beef and Cabbage is "Corned Beef and Cabbage"

I slow cook BBQ ribs, briscut with a dry rub, beans and keg beer....Im not a fan of bland Irish food or washing dishes at all.
My grandmother made Corned Beef and Cabbage, boiled patatos and forced us to eat it as kids.
Wouldnt even let us put mustard and Ketsoup on it...
It was a horrible experience once a year

Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,802,909 times
Let me throw this out to you. As an irish person (accent and all), Corned beef and Cabbage is NOT an irish dish. It would be boiled bacon and potatoes and maybe cabbage but not corned beef.

How about a large Shepards Pie, or mash potoatoes and sausages (the irish type of course).

And finish it down with a Hot whiskey made with Paddy whiskey (if you can get it here).

dorothy

Old 03-15-2008, 08:16 AM

1,919 posts, read 7,108,834 times
All you can eat? Never saw that. Plus most Irish bars are packed on St. Patty's day, lucky if you can get a seat even....at least by me.

So I am making my own this year b/c every year we can't get a seat anywhere!

Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhiannonRings View Post

Thank you!
like abell in the night

Old 03-15-2012, 10:56 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
I forgot the name but it's just south of sunrise in islip. They probably are offering that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island