U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 AM

148 posts, read 523,013 times

Advertisements

Any info on Farmingville. Good for a family or has it headed downhill? Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 10:26 AM

128 posts, read 201,096 times
Its been invaded
If it werent for the pine and oak trees you'd think you were in a different country.
1000's of people in baseball caps at the curbs, in traffic cat calling women in passing cars, approaching contractor trucks.
They really need INS and ICE over their

.....No thanks !

I get this town confused with Manorville

Old 03-16-2008, 12:55 PM

9,341 posts, read 27,842,003 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with Farmingville

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprprprp View Post
Any info on Farmingville.

For those who may not be familiar with Farmingville:

Farmingville is a hamlet (an unincorporated community) in the center part of the Town of Brookhaven, in the center part of Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Farmingville in the Town of Brookhaven is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Centereach, the Hamlet of Selden and the Hamlet of Coram; on the east by the Hamlet of Coram, and the Hamlet of Medford; on the south by the Hamlet of Medford and the Hamlet of Holtsville; and, on the west by the Hamlet of Centereach.

The Hamlet of Farmingville has a different border than does the "Farmingville, NY 11738" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Farmingville and a place can have other than a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Farmingville): places that have a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Farmingville are in the Hamlet of Centereach, the Hamlet of Selden and the Hamlet of Holtsville; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Farmingville with a "Centereach, NY 11720" and "Holtsville, NY 11742" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 03-16-2008, 04:23 PM

240 posts, read 995,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
For those who may not be familiar with Farmingville:

Farmingville is a hamlet (an unincorporated community) in the center part of the Town of Brookhaven, in the center part of Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Farmingville in the Town of Brookhaven is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Centereach, the Hamlet of Selden and the Hamlet of Coram; on the east by the Hamlet of Coram, and the Hamlet of Medford; on the south by the Hamlet of Medford and the Hamlet of Holtsville; and, on the west by the Hamlet of Centereach.

The Hamlet of Farmingville has a different border than does the "Farmingville, NY 11738" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Farmingville and a place can have other than a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Farmingville): places that have a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Farmingville are in the Hamlet of Centereach, the Hamlet of Selden and the Hamlet of Holtsville; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Farmingville with a "Centereach, NY 11720" and "Holtsville, NY 11742" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html
There are also areas that have a "Lake Ronkonkoma, NY 11779" mailing address along Avenue D, Crestwood Drive and Hermart Lane. The OP should also note that homes between Warren Avenue and Morris Avenue, south of Portion Road have a "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:29 AM

28 posts, read 98,016 times
You are better off living in Old Medford across the LIE or Holtsville. Farmingville is lil' South America. Not that race comes into play, I'm talkin major illegals here.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,935 times
gang stuff be happening ��

Old 12-21-2015, 08:20 PM

11,455 posts, read 8,857,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomjunkie View Post
You are better off living in Old Medford across the LIE or Holtsville. Farmingville is lil' South America. Not that race comes into play, I'm talkin major illegals here.
Don't be ignorant, most Latino immigrants on Long Island are from Central America

Also Farmingville doesn't seem bad at all to me, I haven't spent much time there but it seemed pretty nice the few times I was there

Old 12-22-2015, 02:15 PM

4,075 posts, read 3,720,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Don't be ignorant, most Latino immigrants on Long Island are from Central America

Also Farmingville doesn't seem bad at all to me, I haven't spent much time there but it seemed pretty nice the few times I was there
You are responding to a poster from 2008.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:50 PM

16 posts, read 22,479 times
I know this post is old but how is the area now? Did it improved or just got worst?

Old 04-09-2016, 02:46 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,515,821 times
I'm wondering how that Roast beef Jackson person confused Farmingville with Manorville. Two totally different places...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island