Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 10:08 AM

983 posts, read 721,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The village is very picturesque. Hopefully it is still green when you go. Be sure to go to Main Beach if the weather is nice. Check out Lilly Pond Lane, and Further Lane. A couple of the B and Bs have bicycles for their guests, so that would be a nice way to get around to these places. Jackson Pollock's house is a nice thing to do. And you can still drive to Sag Harbor for a few hours. It is only a 15 minute drive. EH is about 1/2 hour from Montauk as well.

The good restaurants are pretty pricey, but I could give you some recommendations for those as well if you like.
You're the best. Thanks!
I didn't know Jackson Pollock lived here
Sure, if you have a recommendation for a good-not-so-pricey restaurant it'll be very welcomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 01:12 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,342,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Years ago in Mattituck there was a fabulous B & B on Love Lane. It was many years ago and I can't recall the name or if it is even in existence now.
Go to the Love Lane Cheese Shop!!! My fave

Old 09-28-2017, 01:58 PM

18 posts, read 17,374 times
I went to Cedar House on Sound in Mattituck. It is a B&B that has its own winery (off sights) and has a bar that is stocked with their wine. It is also right around the block from Macari (great winery) and the owner Dave gives you a card filled with deals for other restaurants and wineries. I would also take Jdawg8181's advice and check out Love Lane Cheese Shop and Love Lane Kitchen. It is a cute strip!

Old 09-28-2017, 04:22 PM

18,447 posts, read 15,210,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
You're the best. Thanks!
I didn't know Jackson Pollock lived here
Sure, if you have a recommendation for a good-not-so-pricey restaurant it'll be very welcomed.
The "not so pricey" part can be difficult. It is usually a choice between either pricey or pizza.

Our go-to restaurant is Nick and Toni's. We love the food there, and during the summer, it is great for people watching. We always see celebrities eating there. Over Labor Day weekend we sat next to Governor Cuomo eating dinner with Billy Joel, while Scarlett Johansson was eating in the other room. It is less of a scene in the fall, but as I said, we go for the food. And oddly enough, the cheapest entree on the menu is one of the best. The chicken.

Rowdy Hall in EH is one of the few in-between restaurants. I wouldnt call it pricy or cheap, and they make a great burger. So does LT burger in Sag Harbor.

There is a Mexican place in the village of EH called The Blue Parrot. The prices aren't bad. There is also a good take out Mexican place called La Fondita that is very reasonable.

There are some really good roadside seafood places. The Clam Bar in Amagansett, but they only have outdoor seating. Im not even sure if they are open off season. There is an iconic restaurant called The Lobster Roll in Amagansett. Their prices shot up since they started playing a prominent roll on a TV show on Showtime called The Affair. I dont know if the food is worth it anymore, but like I said, it is an iconic Hamptons restaurant if you dont mind paying extra. Bostwicks is a good choice too for that kind of food.

The restaurant at The 1770 house is very romantic upstairs, but also expensive. They have a tavern in the basement that offers a less expensive, bar food type menu. The atmosphere is very nice, but in a different way than the restaurant upstairs.

I've been to pretty much every restaurant from East Hampton to Montauk, soif you have any questions about any specific restaurant feel free to ask.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 09-28-2017 at 04:31 PM..

Old 09-28-2017, 05:18 PM

13,045 posts, read 18,045,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Romantic weekend?? What's that? LOL
For us it is when we spend an hour sleeping the in same bed. We are late night people, I need little sleep, and DH cat naps and watches Law and Order or as I call it, Dump-dump till all hours. Usually, around 1:30 I go in and I am up and in the den watching ME TV around 3:30 or so. All the oldies, Dick Van Dyke, Hogans Hero's, Our Miss Brooks, Mr. Ed, etc. He usually arrives either shortly before I get up or just after. So, that 's my story and I am sticking to it.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:55 PM

20,904 posts, read 28,338,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
For us it is when we spend an hour sleeping the in same bed. We are late night people, I need little sleep, and DH cat naps and watches Law and Order or as I call it, Dump-dump till all hours. Usually, around 1:30 I go in and I am up and in the den watching ME TV around 3:30 or so. All the oldies, Dick Van Dyke, Hogans Hero's, Our Miss Brooks, Mr. Ed, etc. He usually arrives either shortly before I get up or just after. So, that 's my story and I am sticking to it.
I am luck y if I we can both stay awake past 10 pm. last 2 nights I fell asleep on the couch all night and he slept in his recliner.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:25 PM

13,045 posts, read 18,045,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I am luck y if I we can both stay awake past 10 pm. last 2 nights I fell asleep on the couch all night and he slept in his recliner.
The recliner is where he watches tv. We have 4 bedrooms and there are two of us so we have one guest room and his and her dens. He has the recliners & I have the Castro for overflow guest which we never have. We meet nightly at 11 o'clock in his den and we watch the NY news together. Then the Dump-dump marathon starts and I leave. That's when I watch tv. 11 p.m. til 5 am almost all the oldies.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:34 PM

7 posts, read 7,792 times
Muse @ the End restaurant in Montauk was top notch food, the three times dining there last Fall, planning a few more starting next week. Key to romantic/quiet is, in Montauk, dining and relaxing there in the Fall.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:20 PM

307 posts, read 635,531 times
If it were me - I would look at the American in Sag Harbor. Its a 10 minute drive from East Hampton - so you can spend time in both places. Sag Harbor is more walkable.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:11 PM

18,447 posts, read 15,210,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil1973 View Post
If it were me - I would look at the American in Sag Harbor. Its a 10 minute drive from East Hampton - so you can spend time in both places. Sag Harbor is more walkable.
Why do you consider Sag more walkable? Both villages are very walkable. If anything, EH has more shops and is a prettier village.

As I said, the advantage of SH, is close access to the ferry. During the fall, the north fork has things like apple picking and of course, the vineyards. It makes for a nice day trip.

On the other hand, EH is closer to Montauk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island