Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:22 PM

24 posts, read 28,176 times

Advertisements

Are their any cheap apartments in Suffolk County around the price of $800 to $1300? If anyone knows of some good apartments around with this price I would really appreciate if you could share some place you may know.

Last edited by tyesethompson; 09-27-2017 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 11:31 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Are you talking about 1-bedroom apartments/studios?

Occasionally a rental for $1,300~ comes on the market--but there is a long list of prospective tenants ready to pounce. If you have good credit and references and no pets, sometimes you get lucky. Don't expect the apartment to be updated.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Are you talking about 1-bedroom apartments/studios?

Occasionally a rental for $1,300~ comes on the market--but there is a long list of prospective tenants ready to pounce. If you have good credit and references and no pets, sometimes you get lucky. Don't expect the apartment to be updated.

I'm looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:51 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,760,727 times
Suffolk County is a big place.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:59 AM

732 posts, read 883,622 times
Try Craigslist. Lots of illegal listings at low prices that includes utilities. There are risks though.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubering View Post
Try Craigslist. Lots of illegal listings at low prices that includes utilities. There are risks though.

Yeah I know that why I hadn't gone on their.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:33 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,207,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyesethompson View Post
Yeah I know that why I hadn't gone on their.
You will find most apts in that price range to be illegal apts. And with that come all stipulations. Like. One person only.No kids ,pets (illegal to say but they say it)no company,no overnights. And you must prove stellar credit & long term job & decent income as well. LI is not easy to buy or rent. Can say lots more but will refrain. LI stinks for both renters & owners. Research prior threads. This has been discussed before. Credit matters. Background checks will be run. If they skimp there is usually a reason. Like in the case of rooming homes. Where they rent rooms & Landlord is absentee.

Now while there are scams on CL some of the best listings are there as well. You just need to know what to look for. Never wire money. And NO there are not out of town & going to send you keys after you wire them the deposits. Do not go look into window of home!

Best of luck

Old 09-28-2017, 12:14 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
I think a 1br for $800 is a stretch for most of the island, TBH. Studio you can get @ that price, but it's not going to be glamorous.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:54 PM

18 posts, read 17,428 times
I looked on craigslist and found a few good apartments a couple of years ago. It is a good place to look because sometimes you can forgo the brokers fee if you deal exclusively with the landlord. If you do use craigslist I would try to go with a friend though. Can be risky and sketchyyy. I would also post on Facebook... you never know if a friend knows of a good place!

Old 09-28-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdood View Post
I looked on craigslist and found a few good apartments a couple of years ago. It is a good place to look because sometimes you can forgo the brokers fee if you deal exclusively with the landlord. If you do use craigslist I would try to go with a friend though. Can be risky and sketchyyy. I would also post on Facebook... you never know if a friend knows of a good place!

Thank that a good idea .Can you or anyone please tell me what is a broker fee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island