Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 10:37 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
Is this what Fox news is telling people these days?

Trump hasn't done anything to curb illegal immigration or deportations. Deportations are actually down this year compared to previous years (see below source)-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a22_story.html

If anything, Long Island has actually gotten even worse under Trump since the MS-13 and the gang scene was never as big of a problem as it is now. Bodies found in multiple Nassau locations within the last week.

Its still a mixed marriage; whether its a white female or white male involved. These numbers continue to go up.

True, but even after Americanization; most minority birth rates are still notably higher than whites.
There are tons of white and Latino marriages whether Interlude Bunker likes it or not.

I know Latino isn't a race, but mestizo is implied here.

And yeah, the MS-13 problem actually did get worse in recent years, there were increased orders of violence from MS-13 leadership some time between 2015 and 2016. I'm not saying this isn't a problem, but keep in mind certain Central American countries were screwed up from US government intervention in the 1980s. And I don't think this will continue to be a problem for that much longer.

And whether or not Interlude wants to admit it, not all brown Hispanic groups are doing bad.

Peruvians, Ecuadorians, and Colombians do pretty well on Long Island. Peruvian-Americans graduate college at almost as high of a rate as Jewish-Americans and Indian-Americans. Levittown is thought of as being lily white but it actually has a big Peruvian community and the town is doing just as fine as before.

He should lay off the American Renaissance/Stormfront and try to look at things from an objective lens, but I doubt he would ever do that.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:08 PM

418 posts, read 367,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
Or....

Stop starting new daily threads.

Or.......

Stop bumping my threads.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:29 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Too late, Archie Bunker
Is that supposed to be an insult? Archie Bunker is one of the most beloved television characters ever. And despite the wishes of his leftist creator, most of the country were laughing with him, not at him.

What, did you think anyone actually liked Meathead?

Old 10-30-2017, 10:45 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Is that supposed to be an insult? Archie Bunker is one of the most beloved television characters ever. And despite the wishes of his leftist creator, most of the country were laughing with him, not at him.

What, did you think anyone actually liked Meathead?
Actually Meathead and Archie were elite intellectuals compared to the raving morons on both sides spouting their spoon fed talking points these days. In fact, Archie was a lot stronger on substance than Trump.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:39 AM

5,521 posts, read 7,112,574 times
Interlude I can't rep you or Pidge anymore, so here's a

Old 10-31-2017, 09:16 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
Is this what Fox news is telling people these days?

Trump hasn't done anything to curb illegal immigration or deportations. Deportations are actually down this year compared to previous years (see below source)-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a22_story.html

If anything, Long Island has actually gotten even worse under Trump since the MS-13 and the gang scene was never as big of a problem as it is now. Bodies found in multiple Nassau locations within the last week.

Its still a mixed marriage; whether its a white female or white male involved. These numbers continue to go up.

True, but even after Americanization; most minority birth rates are still notably higher than whites.
So much misinformation here wow I don’t even know where to start. MS-13 has gotten worse? Are you kidding me? First of the enforcement against MS on the island is probably the most aggressive in a decade they are being deported and arrested all over through ICE’s operation matador. Not to mention the FBI gang task force. Obama’s immigration enforcement policy was extremely restrictive through the guise of “prosecutorial discretion” and trump lifted all those restrictions to let LE finally do their jobs. The reason MS spiked is precisely because of obama’s lax policies age allowing “unaccompanied minors” in ad nausium in 2015 and virtually no interior enforcement. The vast majority of his “big” deportations numbers were border apprehensions which in the past were never treated as deportations statistic wise.

Interlude explained why his deportation numbers are lower (court backlog) but immigration arrests (especially interior) are way up. Border apprehensions are at lows because less are crossing over because word is out it’s not a free for all anymore.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:50 AM

252 posts, read 420,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Interlude I can't rep you or Pidge anymore, so here's a
Same.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:39 PM

5,521 posts, read 7,112,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkingliberal View Post
he was just expressing his white supremacist Trumper views.
I somewhat gather from the OP's member name that the OP is a she...

Old 11-02-2017, 12:47 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
West Islip comes to mind unless that's changed.
No its still very, very lilly white. I recently moved out to West Islip from the city, it's been complete culture shock for my family.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:54 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Schmitters View Post
Which towns are the least diverse that you don't have to be a millionaire to live in?

*looking to buy a house, not rent a condo.*
Thanks in advance.
I'm sure that there are still places in the deep south where you can live cheaply in the mountains or swamps with other racists like yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island