Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 07:12 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,795,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
This all comes down to voters who vote AGAIBST their best INTERESTS~~~ Trump won in Long Island by 20,000 votes.. Welcome to those who did similar who will be devastated by Trump's Administration ( Promises obviously meant NOTHING!!! ) + GOP Majority in both Houses!!! Enjoy the fruits of your ill-informed votes!!

I wonder how they will vote come mid-terms?? Who knows.. IF someone~ regardless of their background.. IF they have that big R beside their name.. Pepper.. VOTE for them .. then wonder why they suffer???

on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 08:53 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
I am blessed. Make no mistake. I pay a fair amount of tax right now, including 17k in property. I am willing to pay my fair share.
You aren’t paying enough. C’mon let’s see how well you can virtue signal to impress your leftist friends, give up 50% of your pay. And while your at it give your 17k property tax house to some poor illegal aliens, put your money where your mouth is.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:06 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Greed and stupidity is why this country will fall.
The downward spiral began during WWII.
Y’all a bunch of suckas.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:13 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,539,665 times
Quote:
Why? So billionaires can be richer? Why do you wish I’ll will towards the less fortunate?
Billionaires are already richer. That's why they are called billionaires.

A billionaire gets the same one vote as you or I.
A billionaire gets FEWER government services than a poor person. No government assistance.

A billionaire - even with any tax breaks, loopholes or other accounting tricks - likely pays considerably more in annual taxes than you or I earn in a year. Keeping in mind that some of the loopholes/deductions they use to reduce their tax bill benefit some very worthy charitable causes.

How is that "fair?" How does that "fair share" total up to be many times what someone else pays? They are not getting any more from the government for what the government takes.

Why all the hate and envy towards successful people? Since when does a capitalist society demonize success? Why does everyone want to penalize success instead of trying to achieve it?

It almost feels like back door communism. As if the point is to normalize income to the point where everyone is left with the same amount after taxes. Why not just come out and say it... there is no need to make more than [insert arbitrary income level here]. Now just take 100% of everything above that amount and re-distribute to those making less than that amount. Perfect world! None of those evil rich people to look down their noses at the rest of us. Even better that I no longer have to work as hard because those who do will be subsidizing my lifestyle.

It not only looks as if Orwell's 1984 has become a reality, but we also seem to be headed directly into the realm of "Atlas Shrugged."

Old 12-04-2017, 05:05 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post

It not only looks as if Orwell's 1984 has become a reality, but we also seem to be headed directly into the realm of "Atlas Shrugged."
I’ve thought the same. Had Bernie become President you’d have seen a lot more “legislated equality”. Rand’s “moochers” are no different than today’s “Grubers”.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:39 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,538,613 times
Quote:
Taxing the poor more is not a good thing for the country. Do you really think these internet addicted zombies walking around on their phones are going to pick themselves up by their bootstraps? Signing a bill that increases the deficit for our kids. Giving a deduction to private aircraft owners but take them away from college students? Just admit your selfish and want more and don’t care about those who are less CAPABLE then you. If you really think everyone has the ability to do what you did you are delusional.
If you want to discuss that this tax bill increases the deficit, I'm with you. But then you must discuss the entire deficit. You must include the other 90% of the deficit that already exists. Unfortunately, neither party has said boo about spending. We do not have a tax problem, we have a huge spending problem.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:40 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,888,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post
Billionaires are already richer. That's why they are called billionaires.

A billionaire gets the same one vote as you or I.
A billionaire gets FEWER government services than a poor person. No government assistance.

A billionaire - even with any tax breaks, loopholes or other accounting tricks - likely pays considerably more in annual taxes than you or I earn in a year. Keeping in mind that some of the loopholes/deductions they use to reduce their tax bill benefit some very worthy charitable causes.

How is that "fair?" How does that "fair share" total up to be many times what someone else pays? They are not getting any more from the government for what the government takes.

Why all the hate and envy towards successful people? Since when does a capitalist society demonize success? Why does everyone want to penalize success instead of trying to achieve it?

It almost feels like back door communism. As if the point is to normalize income to the point where everyone is left with the same amount after taxes. Why not just come out and say it... there is no need to make more than [insert arbitrary income level here]. Now just take 100% of everything above that amount and re-distribute to those making less than that amount. Perfect world! None of those evil rich people to look down their noses at the rest of us. Even better that I no longer have to work as hard because those who do will be subsidizing my lifestyle.

There is no need for tax reform if it only benefits rich people. Is that clear enough? This doesn’t help middle class families at all, why pass legislation to benefit only the rich? Get it? I’m not asking for more for myself. Do you understand?

Old 12-04-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbinspections View Post
If you want to discuss that this tax bill increases the deficit, I'm with you. But then you must discuss the entire deficit. You must include the other 90% of the deficit that already exists. Unfortunately, neither party has said boo about spending. We do not have a tax problem, we have a huge spending problem.
Do you believe this tax bill is beneficial to the country as currently written? How about lowering military spending instead of provoking the world?

Old 12-04-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Greed and stupidity is why this country will fall.
The downward spiral began during WWII.
Y’all a bunch of suckas.
The Asian conflicts this country got involved in and eventually lost was the beginning of the end.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:15 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
The Asian conflicts this country got involved in and eventually lost was the beginning of the end.
No way. WWII and FDR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island