Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 04:39 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
The previous owner may be negligent in contacting/notifying the company of the sale which would have allowed them time to collect the traps if the new owner did not wish to continue the contract. But if they have legal ownership allowing them a time with proper notice is not an unreasonable request.
I agree with your position, but I would still get the previous owner engaged with the company first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 06:52 AM

45 posts, read 48,702 times
Call me names, it hurts but I cannot care much.

According to Sentricon the bait system does not have to be removed, it remains their property, but does not need to be returned or removed.
That is from the mouth of the actual owner of the system, it says it on the product label and confirmed with them on the phone.

So I stand by my decision that the pest control company was just using this term from a contract with last owner to scare me into signing the contract with me.

The pest control guy got paid in full for their service and product.
Now I am the owner of the system that is in my land.

Please stop calling names... contribute if you have anything useful to say, if not this thread is over.

Termidor SC or Taurus SC seams to be such a better system for people who can do it themselves as it seams that pest controll companies are not allowed to use it in New york State.
With a 78oz bottle for under 100$ and a day laborer for 200$ you can install it and be done for 15 years.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:01 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,329,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorman View Post
Call me names, it hurts but I cannot care much.

According to Sentricon the bait system does not have to be removed, it remains their property, but does not need to be returned or removed.
That is from the mouth of the actual owner of the system, it says it on the product label and confirmed with them on the phone.

So I stand by my decision that the pest control company was just using this term from a contract with last owner to scare me into signing the contract with me.

The pest control guy got paid in full for their service and product.
Now I am the owner of the system that is in my land.

Please stop calling names... contribute if you have anything useful to say, if not this thread is over.

Termidor SC or Taurus SC seams to be such a better system for people who can do it themselves as it seams that pest controll companies are not allowed to use it in New york State.
With a 78oz bottle for under 100$ and a day laborer for 200$ you can install it and be done for 15 years.
Taurus killed my colony in 2 weeks or so. It also has virtually eliminated those damn cave crickets in the basement! I truly believe it's illegal in NY for economic reasons. It's a one and done, no need for repeat visits. It's allowed in nearly every state including our neighbor nj. California says it's safe, as we all know nothing is allowed there.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Taurus killed my colony in 2 weeks or so. It also has virtually eliminated those damn cave crickets in the basement! I truly believe it's illegal in NY for economic reasons. It's a one and done, no need for repeat visits. It's allowed in nearly every state including our neighbor nj. California says it's safe, as we all know nothing is allowed there.
The hardest part about Taurus is drilling in concrete and asphalt.. Honestly I think even without it it works better than bait. But having bait in place I would feel comfortable skipping the driveway maybe till a day that I have access to drill that can handle that.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:22 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
The seller was obligated to treat for termite and they did. so I wanted the termite bait and I made sure it is included by the house.
they are not useless garbage, I consider them valuable, even if it is 100$, I still want them, they are mine and no company has no right to them just because they have a contract with someone else.

why do people reduce these to few plastic baskets when you know as a fact that the material alone costs over 100$ and then labor to install them... and if they are removed another company would charge 1000$ to put them in. 1000$ is money, this item is in my land and came with the house, 5$ or 200,000$ who cares... the item is mine
This is like watching the Jersey housewives, so addictive....

NY State prevents the use of sprayed/soil contact treatment methods like Termidor which lasts for decades so the only option is the bait station type of treatments which in my book is like putting out a welcome mat. I will admit this is the first time I have seen a company state that they own the traps and will remove them if service is cancelled but if that in the signed contract then it is their right.

It seems like the seller failed to meet the obligation to "treat for termites" but was there an active infestation? Even here where they are more prevalent we only require a Termite Clearance Letter stating there is no active termite activity. If activity was observed then the seller must pay for treatment of the problem or the contract may be cancelled.

Old 12-05-2017, 11:51 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,329,659 times
Quote:
The hardest part about Taurus is drilling in concrete and asphalt.. Honestly I think even without it it works better than bait. But having bait in place I would feel comfortable skipping the driveway maybe till a day that I have access to drill that can handle that.
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-...ill-62383.html

With there daily 20% off coupon its about $30 w/ tax. A decent bit on amazon is $12-20. I buy tools I know I wont need to use often here all the time. I had a old hammer drill and it had a hard time. This one was pretty easy. I ended up drilling about 18 holes under my deck and in front of my patio rest was dirt.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
This is like watching the Jersey housewives, so addictive....

NY State prevents the use of sprayed/soil contact treatment methods like Termidor which lasts for decades so the only option is the bait station type of treatments which in my book is like putting out a welcome mat. I will admit this is the first time I have seen a company state that they own the traps and will remove them if service is cancelled but if that in the signed contract then it is their right.

It seems like the seller failed to meet the obligation to "treat for termites" but was there an active infestation? Even here where they are more prevalent we only require a Termite Clearance Letter stating there is no active termite activity. If activity was observed then the seller must pay for treatment of the problem or the contract may be cancelled.

there were signs of old activity, the seller agreed to do the treatment and actually added the cost to the closing fee and my chump lawyer had no patience to fight it... so you might see why I would be pissed.. I actually paid for it.
the last owner signed a garbage contract and never presented to me.

anyway it is all settled it seams, the pest control company is not perusing it ,, will see if they show up or cause trouble later, but Id o not expect it. they got their money and try to get more and I said no.

during a checkup of the bait system I did a walk around with the guy checking them and one out of 20 was nibbled on... so they are out there and they are enjoying the poison... never saw activity though

Old 12-05-2017, 02:38 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
They leave behind pheromones that will continue to attract more termites.
This will be a lifetime battle. Other than complete remediation nothing will prevent future infestations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island