Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 02:05 PM

4,690 posts, read 8,708,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
This is the second time I've experienced this in the past week where I'm driving back from Suffolk westbound on the Southern State Parkway. There are people deliberately driving slowly on the left hand lane and they will speed up or slow down even slower than the speed limit if you are behind them. They will not move over to another lane, and when you try to pass they they will speed up not allowing you to pass or when you do get in front of them they will speed up to pass you and get in front of you again.

I thought it was a coincidence when it happened to me with a driver last week but it happened again yesterday with 2 other drivers. And it all starts around the Nassau/Suffolk border. This was actually on the news a few weeks ago regarding unsafe slow drivers on the SS and now I've seen it happen twice.

I'm not sure what their motive is. Are they being aggressive? Are they effing with people so they can start a fight? What gives. There really needs to be more cops on the road to deter these animals as they are danger to everyone around them.

And to be clear I'm not an aggressive driver nor am I the type that tailgates someone to move out of the way. And whenever someone wants to pass me I always make an effort to move over. I'm just trying to get an idea what these people are about and what their motive is.
really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 02:10 PM

2,578 posts, read 3,362,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
These a-holes are self-appointed highway patrol wannabes. Their moto in life is there's a speed limit so you have no business passing anyone at more than that number. Flying bags of manure were made for these people
I was thinking about having a couple of rocks or metal balls on hand to throw at their car as I pass them. It's not like they are even going the speed limit or driving at the flow of traffic. They just want to be in control of the left lane.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:15 PM

2,578 posts, read 3,362,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
really?
Yup, not sure what station. Maybe eyewitness news at 6. They went into detail about how driving slowly on the left hand lane can lead to accidents. They used the SS as an example.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:27 PM

19,579 posts, read 20,401,433 times
I love doing 57 in the fast lane.
I’m a real badass though, so I’m not scared to go over the limit.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:35 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,979,975 times
Quote:
They were going anywhere from 45-50 mph. As I said, once you tried to pass them they would speed up.
get a 600HP car and you can easily pass them.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:52 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,600,744 times
Quote:
I was thinking about having a couple of rocks or metal balls on hand to throw at their car as I pass them. It's not like they are even going the speed limit or driving at the flow of traffic. They just want to be in control of the left lane.
and go to jail or even kill someone? most you should do is pump your windshield wiper fluid onto them as you zip by

Old 01-08-2018, 02:58 PM

5,463 posts, read 7,037,100 times
Happened to me a while ago when coming home from LaGuardia Airport, heading east. Two cars driving side by side not letting anyone pass. They were going no faster than 45 mile per hour. When someone in a SUV tried to pass by riding on the shoulder, they cut in from of him swerving to not let him pass.

It's all gang thugs, watch out or you could get hurt or worst yet killed.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:02 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,600,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
It's all gang thugs, watch out or you could get hurt or worst yet killed.
c'mon man how do you figure? The gang thugs are the ones going 90-100mph

These ninnies are in their 50's+ and when they're not driving they're yelling at your kids to stay off their lawn

Old 01-08-2018, 03:11 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,791,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
These a-holes are self-appointed highway patrol wannabes. Their moto in life is there's a speed limit so you have no business passing anyone at more than that number. Flying bags of manure were made for these people
This. So much this.

I saw on the 2-lane NSP once an SUV deciding to block off someone behind them trying to get through by matching speeds with another car just going about their business in the right lane. They had been driving normally just before so it's not incompetence but they didn't like the aggressive driver coming up behind them. You never know when someone has an emergency to get to or their wife is in labor in the back seat. This self-appointed... well a-hole... decides to use the car in the right lane too and put them in danger by making them part of the rolling roadblock. Think about what kind of person does this... there are no good words. About 4 cars were stuck behind said a-hole doing like 50mph for several exits. I would approve a bb gun to their back window.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:35 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,243,274 times
I assume it's the same psychology behind someone going 90 mph, riding right up your butt in the middle lane with the left lane open. because they are a-holes lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: