Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 11:10 AM

30 posts, read 42,484 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have Altice One from Optimum? What exactly is it? Is it an add on to your cable? Any insight would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 01:50 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,770,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisheyesT View Post
Does anyone have Altice One from Optimum? What exactly is it? Is it an add on to your cable? Any insight would be great. Thanks
They came in December and tried to get me to switch to Altice/Cablevision from Fios in December and offered me the Altice One box (I didn’t switch). It’s basically an IPTV box modem, router, and DVR cable box in one. It acts as a server to the other much smaller boxes in the house on other TVs which can also be used as WiFi repeaters. The interface/channel guide is MUCH nicer than the current garbage optimum interface and offers apps like you tube, Netflix etc. you can also record many shows at once (can’t remember how many), and the box is also 4K capable. Not sure if current optimum customers would have to pay more to upgrade to the new box but they are rolling it out now, if you can get it much better than what’s currently offered.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:17 AM

5,515 posts, read 7,107,963 times
So if you had the one Altice box, would you still need boxes for the other TV's in the house?

Old 02-12-2018, 07:20 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Cant wait to cut these losers free.
Alice sucks.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
So if you had the one Altice box, would you still need boxes for the other TV's in the house?
yes you still need other boxes and are charges a fee for each, they use the existing coax in the house to receive data from the main altice one box.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:37 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
So what's the main benefit if you still need the satellite boxes and wifi speed is cut in half via extenders? Simply a cleaner look at your main location?

Old 02-12-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
So what's the main benefit if you still need the satellite boxes and wifi speed is cut in half via extenders? Simply a cleaner look at your main location?
Its technically much better/faster than the samsung boxes. Massively improved UI/Guide with apps, bluetooth remote with voice commands (like apple tv), box is 4k capable as well. Everything, phone, modem, router, cable tv is routed through the one box. They told me they only use the satellite boxes as wifi repeaters if its needed, but you need them to be used as clients on any other tv in the house that you want to have cable on as the client is needed to communicate with the altice one box.

Old 03-06-2018, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 8,253 times
Altice one is garbage.
1.There are no component jacks red green blue only hdmi. Why would a company leave that out this is the basic standered connection for first generation hd equipment the majority of the equipment in the world has this connector.
2.The main box has spdif optical toslink and Digital Coaxial the mini only has toslink if you need coaxial audio in another room you cant.
3.As far as app enabled you cant add your own programming to the box like roku or apple devices, altice gives you the apps they want you to have, who told them that every one watches just netflix there are thousands of other app services out there
they want to contrl what you purchase, an example if you drop some of their programming they will price increase one of your other service and act as tho you were getting a better price when you had the other service.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:11 PM

26 posts, read 27,188 times
Does anyone remember the old wired cable boxes where you
press a bunch of buttons same time to get the other channels?
Especially when it was $19.95/mo.

Cant wait for June.... later for the phone and all we'll have is internet.
Still a ripoff but fios isnt on our block.... we're crapped out all around except us.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:21 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Get the cheapest cable or Fios package they offer and get the Amazon Fire stick or what ever else is out there that's similar. Is direct TV or dish network any better in terms of price and quality? At the moment I am happy with Fios because I got a cheap basic package and use amazon fire stick for any shows or movies I want to watch. Most of the channels I watch are either History channel, any news stations, National Geographic, travel channel, HDTV, Velocity, Me TV, TLC and a few other local stations which I get with the Fios basic package. I pay about $115 a month for TV, phone and internet. I was paying almost $150 until I reconfigured everything. It cost $40 for the fire stick and I don't pay a dime for most movies and shows. There are other apps I could use but you pay a fee to watch any shows or movies on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island