Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 03:00 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times

Advertisements

Newsday used to have Jimmy Breslin, Pete Hamill and Harriet Van Horne as regular columnists,
to name a few . The entire paper was so much more well-written .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 03:17 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Newsday used to have Jimmy Breslin, Pete Hamill and Harriet Van Horne as regular columnists,
to name a few . The entire paper was so much more well-written .
Nowadays the Editorial Board seems to be made up of recent graduates. And most of the content taken from AP or WaPo.

Old 03-07-2018, 05:03 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,036,978 times
Newsday will soon be a memory. Production of the paper is being taken over by another soon to be dead paper, the NY Times.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:50 PM
exm exm started this thread

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Newsday will soon be a memory. Production of the paper is being taken over by another soon to be dead paper, the NY Times.
Production AND editorial. Sad.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:00 PM

137 posts, read 272,684 times
They shouldn't have taken the comments down.

But those denying the comments section wasn't akin to stormfront are kidding themselves.

and also as others have said, people were just generally nasty shXts. a single car accident would happen and the first comment would be "don't text and drive and you'd still be alive" despite the fact that there was no evidence the person was texting or even was distracted. in lots of cases it turned out the person had swerved to avoid an animal or a pothole, etc.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:53 AM

4,697 posts, read 8,758,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
um, no.
NY Times just announced their subscription revenue surpassed $1 billion in 2017.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:39 PM

137 posts, read 272,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
um, no.
NY Times just announced their subscription revenue surpassed $1 billion in 2017.
It is funny.

Gun sales go through the roof during a Democratic presidency and fall during a Republican presidency.

NY Times sales fall during a Democratic presidency and are through the roof during a Republican one.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:32 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I take it you read Stormfront, otherwise how would you be able to make the comparison?
I just read it for the centerfold.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:43 PM

8,040 posts, read 10,632,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbinspections View Post
Gave up on Newsday 7 years ago.....not missing much.
Likewise, I have now completely given up on USA Today which has turned into a complete anti-Trump, anti-conservatism, liberal mouthpiece.

I love how there were no comment sections on the articles about the dismally received Oscar awards show. No comments allowed, apparently, and for good reason from their viewpoint, I'm sure. Instead, glowing articles about how the "celebrities and stars shined" on the red carpet. Really? Some of the poorest ratings ever? I don't think so. Pitiful. These self-serving celebrities and their self-important views that most of mainstream America could care a rat's butt about.

When I see them giving space up in their own well-manicured yards for the homeless or illegal immigrants, or doing without armed guards themselves while extolling their views anti-gun viewpoints (plenty of armed guards at the Oscars by the way), or fighting to keep the few remaining manufacturing jobs in the country, I'll pay attention. Otherwise, just shut up and go away.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:35 AM

5,813 posts, read 2,940,694 times
Paid for media. Why would anyone read that toilet paper.

ZeroHedge.com Enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: