Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 08:11 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
During winter months create an ice rink for the kids. In the summer a swimming hole or fishing pond. Cleanest fish ever.
Hopefully they do the laundry with tide pods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 03:26 PM

2,759 posts, read 2,049,703 times
The OP is probably long gone but just FYI, former owners of my house had relocated their washer/dryer from the basement to a room abutting the garage. They ran a PVC drain line along the base of 2 1/2 garage walls, brought it out and into a drywell near the garage. There was indication of exactly where the drywell was; it could have been under the subsequently added paver walkway, or further out into the lawn. No clue. The people I bought the house from said they had no idea where the drywell actually was.

When I bought this house I asked the cesspool company if they could also put the camera down the drywell line to check its type and condition, but they couldn't because the people had used 3" PVC instead of 4" pipe which is the minimum diameter to be able to get a camera through.

We had to replace the cesspool (old block pool, in backyard) this year and as part of that work I had the plumber tie the washer into the main drain to the new (precast pool, in front yard) cesspool. Just didn't want to worry about what the OP described and then end up having to tear up a perfectly good walkway and half the side yard trying to find the stupid drywell. An added bonus was eliminating the PVC along half of the garage floor walls, lol

Going by the half-***ed way that the former owners did several other things here, I had zero confidence in what kind of drywell they had put in. I have a front loader and never do more than 2 or 3 loads of wash per week so I don't see it being a problem having it go into the cesspool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: