Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 04:37 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
Two blocks south of Plaza Elementary School.
Wow, I live 5 blocks North or so of Plaza and it's super quiet here. I don't seem to have any trashy or problematic neighbors.

I used to live on Baldwin Ave and it wasn't quite as quiet there, but still pretty quiet usually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 08:52 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,414,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdworldtown View Post
Yes when I moved to Brentwood in the early 90s it was a Irish/ mixed town. right now there's 5 neighbors blasting loud Spanish music with no care in the world.

Hmm, I wasn't aware that, as recently as the early 90's, Brentwood was, as you described it, "an Irish / mixed town". Interesting detail.

Last edited by UsAll; 08-02-2018 at 09:12 PM..

Old 07-27-2019, 11:01 PM

101 posts, read 71,477 times
Im dealing with this right now. Purchased my grandmothers house last year near the suffolk community college. I grew up a few miles north in Commack where people respect their neighbors. I knew it was going to be rough but the summers are unbearable. I dont have a problem with loud music and I believe everyone has the right to enjoy themselves in their own yards but every house seems to have professional DJ equipment with bass that shakes the whole neighborhood. Theres no use talking to anyone about it because music is part of the culture and its going to be played wether I like it or not. The police have more important things to deal with and brush it off. I know some people have filed complaints in the past and there was some retaliation, destruction of property. Thats the last thing I need. I dont even want to get started over the parking. The streets are already packed due to every house having an illegal apartment(s). Party goers have no problem partially blocking your driveway when theres no other spots left. They leave trash, empty beer bottles, food wrappers on the lawn after parking in front of your house for 12 hours. My plan is to update this house and sell in the next year or two but I feel helpless until then. Do not move to Brentwood unless you enjoy being surrounded by a constant block party full of people that have zero consideration for their neighbors. Its a shame this neighborhood and so many others are turning into this. Its 1am right now and the bass is keeping me awake...

Old 07-28-2019, 07:21 AM

157 posts, read 87,099 times
It is not cultural to blast music after 11pm. Y'all just live around low class folks of that culture.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:31 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
Hopefully some ICE raids elimimate these pieces of SHEET

Old 07-28-2019, 08:45 AM

412 posts, read 289,583 times
Sorry, but I live in and affluent community, and probably the whitest town on Long Island....and I get to hear large groups of drunk, spoiled college kids using mommy and daddy's pool house to blast music, scream all night, and act like animals. The only saving grace I get is that sometimes the window AC unit sound drowns them out. That's why I don't get central AC! If I didn't have to hear Old Town Road seven more times, some random bro dude screaming Wooooo at 1130pm, and drunken laughter on a weeknight I would have installed it by now

And before I lived where I do now, I lived in one of the most affluent communities in Suffolk...same.problems....same culprits.

Your problems are not unique to Brentwood.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:30 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Rich kids are the worst, by a long shot.
Animals. Actually no, that's an insult to animals.
They're just the lowest class of trash there is.
I'll take Javier and Maria any day over Chad and Missy.

Old 08-01-2019, 03:02 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke of Mastic View Post
It is not cultural to blast music after 11pm. Y'all just live around low class folks of that culture.
"Y'all?"

Old 08-01-2019, 06:26 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Rich kids are the worst, by a long shot.
Animals. Actually no, that's an insult to animals.
They're just the lowest class of trash there is.
I'll take Javier and Maria any day over Chad and Missy.
It's always some douche name Chad. That name is synonymous with being a douche. Any fool who names their child Chad should be punched in the face.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:11 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdworldtown View Post
Yes when I moved to Brentwood in the early 90s it was a Irish/ mixed town. right now there's 5 neighbors blasting loud Spanish music with no care in the world.
I would just go over there with a sombrero and maracas and join them. They probably have tequila
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island