Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 02:50 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Dont get me wrong, It aint top on my list but thats just effing ridiculous.

There are some parts of Lake Ronkonkoma that are nice.

Crooks

Most of Ronkonkoma that are fine especially for people starting out. They are in Connetquot or Sachem SD for the most part, so you can buy a 1940's or 50's era bungalow for a song and dance and be in a decent area.

Sure, the area right by the train station is a little beat up, and there really are some flop houses right by the lake (some real unsavory lookingcharacters over there), but I can't remember the last time I heard about crime other than the shooting at the biker bar by the LIRR a few years back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 03:04 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Most of Ronkonkoma that are fine especially for people starting out. They are in Connetquot or Sachem SD for the most part, so you can buy a 1940's or 50's era bungalow for a song and dance and be in a decent area.

Sure, the area right by the train station is a little beat up, and there really are some flop houses right by the lake (some real unsavory lookingcharacters over there), but I can't remember the last time I heard about crime other than the shooting at the biker bar by the LIRR a few years back.

Truth be told there has been some latin gang stuff but its not a bad place to start out.

You could do much worse.

Schools are good.

Crooks

Old 11-17-2009, 03:22 PM

518 posts, read 1,820,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Romano View Post
Ronkompton they call it now it sooo dangerous gun shots will sing you to sleep rape murder is the life there if your gonna go ther make sure you bring a weapon and don't bring anything valuable it more dangerous than detroit I sujest you forget about movin here if you cherish your life you won't this is the worst of the worst ghetto can't even describe this town. Good luck !
dam, what do u think of brentwood then?

Old 11-17-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

there was a home invasion in lake ronkonkoma just like 3 weeks ago, pretty sure the person was killed. there was also a police chase that started with a drug deal in ronkonkoma and ended in plainview just last week. theres quite a bit of crime there actually, its not on the level of like central islip, brentwood, wyandanch, etc., but things do happen there now and then. ronkonkoma as a whole is very large, and theres many different areas that vary pretty greatly

Old 11-17-2009, 06:38 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Ronkonama is "fine".
Middle of the road average.
Not bad, not great.
Average.
Some neighborhoods are gorgeous. Some are not.
Most are...drum roll...average.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Ronkonama is "fine".
Middle of the road average.
Not bad, not great.
Average.
Some neighborhoods are gorgeous. Some are not.
Most are...drum roll...average.
that pretty much sums it up

Old 11-17-2009, 08:51 PM

166 posts, read 313,746 times
I used to live in Colony park Apartments before and shortly after I got married. I thought it was a real nice, safe area. Connetquot State park, Lakeland County Park right nearby, Connetquot School District (better than Sachem, IMHO), and close to major roads. I still drive by every now and then, and it still looks nice.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:53 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,221 times
Ronkonkoma BAD?????? While its not the nicest town on LI, Its fine. Very average. The comments about it are riduculous. I am starting to wonder why I even bother stopping by here anymore. Some of the topics, and posts make no sense.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo123 View Post
I used to live in Colony park Apartments before and shortly after I got married. I thought it was a real nice, safe area. Connetquot State park, Lakeland County Park right nearby, Connetquot School District (better than Sachem, IMHO), and close to major roads. I still drive by every now and then, and it still looks nice.
i almost moved to those apartments, they have the best rates of any apartment complex around thats in a decent area, AND they have garages (although it was a 6+ month wait)

Old 11-18-2009, 05:57 PM

166 posts, read 313,746 times
And Colony Park has a pool and a pond. And it's across from a Middle School, so you have some open space. I used to hit golf balls on the baseball field all the time. I highly recommend it for a single or newly married person or couple, or even a single parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island