Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 01:22 PM

215 posts, read 248,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Common sense says you can't be outdoors practicing when its nearly 100 degrees and humid out
I assume you never went to band camp?

I did for 4 years. You can’t really practice your field routine indoors. Only time we went inside was if there was cloud to ground lightning. And our school didn’t have lights on the field, so we were outside in the heat during the day for 2 weeks straight at the end of August before classes officially started.

Coincidentally Sachem was one of our biggest rivals - often competing head to head for the State Champion title. Not like it’s just some summer school activity – it’s (arguably) taken just as seriously as most HS sports programs.

But, this just seems like (another) unfortunate tragedy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 02:30 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,333,570 times
I agree - it was a unfortunate incident.
Human body is still mysterious and assuming she was hydrated and feeling good earlier (from the article) - I am not completely surprised as sometimes things (stroke or whatever) hit you real fast (a log falling on your head should not be one of them !!) and you pass out.

The other death was crazy though and could have been avoided.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:07 AM

717 posts, read 618,927 times
but just wait when one of these liberal loonies on here lose there kid under the same circumstances than the real nut in them comes out .

all of a sudden its too hot, no water breaks, the practice is excessive.

typical liberal long island phonies.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:48 AM

247 posts, read 180,855 times
Was the child on ADHD drugs ?

Twenty-five people died and 54 more suffered serious cardiovascular problems after taking drugs to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder between 1999 and 2003, the government says.Children accounted for 19 of the deaths and 26 of the cases of nonfatal cardiovascular problems, including heart attack, stroke, hypertension, palpitations and arrhythmia, according to a Food and Drug Administration report

ADHD Drugs Linked to Sudden Death https://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMo...7829005&page=1

We hope our story and information will in some way benefit your family and prevent our tragedy from being your families' reality and nightmare.
Our fourteen year old son Matthew suddenly died on March 21, 2000. The cause of death was determined to be from the long-term (age 7-14) use of Methylphenidate, a drug commonly known as Ritalin http://www.ritalindeath.com/

Don't expect the system to ask these questions wile they drug Americas children on an industrial scale.

Old 07-28-2018, 01:57 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Kids these days are just soft. I used to play street basketball in the summer afternoon when 100F, and humid.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Kids these days are just soft. I used to play street basketball in the summer afternoon when 100F, and humid.

These kids are soft but you are making posts that you need a locker room at the beach //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...rs-public.html

Can't just get in the car and go home after the beach oh no "the sand." I need a locker for my stupid cloths and have to go in the bath house cause "the sand" is on me, rotf !

Old 07-28-2018, 04:37 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,080 times
Quote:
but just wait when one of these liberal loonies on here lose there kid under the same circumstances than the real nut in them comes out .

all of a sudden its too hot, no water breaks, the practice is excessive.

typical liberal long island phonies.
Huh, that was YOUR premise when you started the thread and tried to blame Sachem, remember?! Post something dumb and off the mark and then try to deflect with even dumber political blather. Well done.

Quote:
Common sense says you can't be outdoors practicing when its nearly 100 degrees and humid out. You also can't be indoors with inadequate air conditioning or hydration.

What a shame. RIP

Old 07-28-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Huh, that was YOUR premise when you started the thread and tried to blame Sachem, remember?! Post something dumb and off the mark and then try to deflect with even dumber political blather. Well done.

Its always the conservatives who call everyone "liberals"

Conservative - Preaches about liberty, small government and constitutional rights all day THEN he hears the sounds of hammers and saws and runs to the phone to rat out his neighbor to the town for installing a skylight without a permit.

"liberal" "conservative" only dummies fall for that divide and conquer scam.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:17 PM

Sorry for all the off topic but I want to know were these two students on those psychiatric drugs with the horrendous 'side' effects they dish out in schools ? People need to ask these questions. I am old and my generation did not do child drugging in schools and we all did just fine. If these kids were on those mind drugs pushed by the schools the families should sue the school, doctor and pharmaceutical company.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:17 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Hard to believe the human race survived until the 20th century.
With no AC, cellphones, happy pills, shopping malls and gyms.
It's just unbelievable we made it this long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island