Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 05:30 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,067,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
That's a bunch of BS from Cablevision. I guarantee you 100% that you CAN get the promo rate. It will be offerred to you by the retention department the moment you tell them you're cancelling and switching to FiOS.

I was told that, too and I tried it and it did not work.
It worked for me.

esp. once I brought up Fios up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 07:25 AM

244 posts, read 668,624 times
Quote:
That's a bunch of BS from Cablevision. I guarantee you 100% that you CAN get the promo rate. It will be offerred to you by the retention department the moment you tell them you're cancelling and switching to FiOS.

I was told that, too and I tried it and it did not work.

You spoke to the wrong rep. Call back

Old 04-15-2008, 07:57 AM

889 posts, read 2,405,948 times
my fios bill is $180.00 a month and my husband works for verizon lol
(this includes, phone, cable and internet and all channels)

Old 04-16-2008, 01:18 AM

1,027 posts, read 2,507,595 times
Quote:
Even though Cablevision promises that their subscribers can qualify for the three-in-one savings as in all of the ads , I was told that I would not be able to obtain this discount. No reason was really given., I find this to be very deceptive.
You officially do not qualify for triple play if you have already subscribed to it. Your spouse can receive it if the cable bill has never been in his name. However, if you ask for the "Disconnect Department", all you have to do is let them know you have an offer from satellite, and they will give you the promo, and sometimes add on some free features as well. SO SAD we have to do this in order to receive "fair" pricing from Cablevision. And its installation techs are not what they used to be. Policies have changed. They actually drill holes in your wood floors to install rather than go 1 inch higher in order to install through your walls...they call that "fishing," despite the fact that there is no fishing required whatsoever. My previous installation before the last one was in 2000. Back then they still drilled through your wall. If you wanted them to drill through your moulding instead it was an additional fee. But for Cablevision's policy to be to drill through hardwood flooring?? What is the policy if you have carpeting? Anyone know?

Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,137,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmycuties View Post
You officially do not qualify for triple play if you have already subscribed to it. Your spouse can receive it if the cable bill has never been in his name. However, if you ask for the "Disconnect Department", all you have to do is let them know you have an offer from satellite, and they will give you the promo, and sometimes add on some free features as well. SO SAD we have to do this in order to receive "fair" pricing from Cablevision. And its installation techs are not what they used to be. Policies have changed. They actually drill holes in your wood floors to install rather than go 1 inch higher in order to install through your walls...they call that "fishing," despite the fact that there is no fishing required whatsoever. My previous installation before the last one was in 2000. Back then they still drilled through your wall. If you wanted them to drill through your moulding instead it was an additional fee. But for Cablevision's policy to be to drill through hardwood flooring?? What is the policy if you have carpeting? Anyone know?

They haven't drilled through walls and fished lines for over 20 years.I worked for TCI cable of brookhaven as well as cablevision. If you want the wallfish,or snaked it will cost you about $100 a line and that is done by a contractor. Cablevision will not take any responsibility for this and as for carpet the procedure is to pull back the carpet from the wall and drill down through the wood into the basement if unfinished to connect to an inside home splitter but it varies depending where splitters are and where your line comes into the house. Generally which ever side your electric meter is on is where your cable comes in because it is grounded to the electric. The other problem is that cablevision employees are trained but not certified. The only way they can be certified is by NCTI (the National Cable Television Institute)out of colorado;only about 5% of us roughly are actually certified.Nowadays no one hired by cable will ever be certified. Any other cable questions feel free Lancet71@optonline.net .

Old 04-16-2008, 11:07 PM

You know, they never even offered me the option of not drilling through my wood floors (which has just been sealed that week). All he said was Cable doesn't do that anymore. So we now have holes in theserooms, which looks like we have a pest problem or something. My husband had even offered to drill the hole into our mouldings (which were 1 inch from the floor) so that HE could run downstairs and catch the line. It was not fishing, the basement was unfinished. I think our guy just had a bad day and went drill crazy on some customers one day

Old 04-17-2008, 03:19 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,137,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmycuties View Post
You know, they never even offered me the option of not drilling through my wood floors (which has just been sealed that week). All he said was Cable doesn't do that anymore. So we now have holes in theserooms, which looks like we have a pest problem or something. My husband had even offered to drill the hole into our mouldings (which were 1 inch from the floor) so that HE could run downstairs and catch the line. It was not fishing, the basement was unfinished. I think our guy just had a bad day and went drill crazy on some customers one day
Unfortunately even if dropped down through the walls because they are completely unfinished, most of cablevisions installers are complete amateurs and are oblivious. A good installer would look through your basement or garage depending where it comes in and survey the job properly which could take 20 minutes but the end result would be alot better.The last contracted job I did was cleaning up after a cablevision install.The guy ran the wires across the front of the house---enough said.

The easy solution is call cablevision and ask for a supervisor in charge of installs and explain to him that the installer never explained how he was going to do the install. Worst case scenario, you might get a credit on your cable bill. Good luck!!!

Old 04-17-2008, 07:24 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

Old 03-24-2009, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,381 times
Default cablevision problems ongoing babylon liny 3/24/09

hello all,
just wanted to know if anyone else in the babylon area is going thru what i am with cable ?
all problems are on hdtv.
sound off and on every 2 to 6 seconds for 5 mins to 11 hours.
picture on and off the same as above.
sound sounds like a machine gun.
pixsulation. these problems are not all the time but happens most days at least once.
cable has been here at least 12 times in the last 6 months. we how have direct phone numbers to supervisor and tech.
this is what has been done so far.

3 new set top boxes.
dedicated electric line to box and tv.
all hdmi cables swithced
all wireing from pole to everything new.
LIPA came and replaced all grounds at pole.
resistors put on cable box and router.

tv is a new sony 46 inch 1080 i with 120 hz motion flow.

does any one have any ideas about this. thank you
andy

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,579,842 times
I had that problem. I called tech support,changed boxes, and even unplugged the set because my brother-in-laws dad manages an electronics store. Every now and then a TV should be unplugged for a few minutes to clear it out. I have a SONY Grand Wega 1080I 60 inch.

The solution: Needed a new bulb and it wasn't even a year old.

I ordered it online through best buy for $250.00 and it worked like new.

I suspect the culprit was a bad cablebox that blew the bulb but I'm not a technician.

Just google a description of your problem. I usually find a lot of results that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island