Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 12:56 PM
exm exm started this thread

3,706 posts, read 1,754,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Don't believe the BS or choke on the kool aid. Repubs deliver two things...riches for the rich and recessions for the rest of us. Even FOX gets it.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...nder-democrats

Are we in a recession now?

I'm confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 01:02 PM

252 posts, read 417,879 times
Quote:
Don't believe the BS or choke on the kool aid. Repubs deliver two things...riches for the rich and recessions for the rest of us. Even FOX gets it.

Citing an article from 6 years ago? That's rich

Old 11-02-2018, 01:26 PM

2,363 posts, read 1,743,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
Just keep it simple. Vote republican across the board. Seeing how democrats have conducted themselves in recent times just makes it easy to choose. Its only one dirty rotten scandal after another. Cover ups, lies, deceit and drama.

They will spend every second trying to impeach trump with phony baseless unsupported fabricated stories. Rather then doing any work for the people that matters.

Yes this is the opinion of many of my fellow democratic colleagues. The party has turned into a disgrace and many are jumping ship. I know quite a few who not only voted for Trump as a democrat but also changed parties already.
Funny, I was a Republican from 1983 through 2016 when I went Independent and I'm voting D straight across because Trump needs a check in place to keep his ego and idiocy at bay and we can't count on the spineless like Ryan and McConnell to do it.

When Republicans go back to being the GOP and not the supporters of the alt-right, I'll consider voting Republican. But they just embarrass our control with fear, racism and misogyny.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:21 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,385,765 times
Im moving to Canada. US politics are a joke now.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:46 PM

2,759 posts, read 2,025,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
I'm voting D straight across because Trump needs a check in place to keep his ego and idiocy at bay and we can't count on the spineless like Ryan and McConnell to do it.

When Republicans go back to being the GOP and not the supporters of the alt-right, I'll consider voting Republican. But they just embarrass our country with fear, racism and misogyny.

^^This^^

That said, there are some current Republicans I would vote for. Kasich, Sasse and Flake are examples. We are at a disadvantage in NY because we have closed primaries and thus if we want a say in that part of the process we have to pick either the R or D label. Philosophically I'm an indepedent but when it comes to primary season that shuts people like me out.

I have a feeling that there will be more Independents casting purely anti-Trump "D" votes on Tuesday than many people expect. He has said himself at recent rallies that people should "pretend he is on the ballot" this time. Well okay then, LOL

Old 11-02-2018, 06:47 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,260,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Are we in a recession now?

I'm confused.
Yes.

Old 11-02-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:

Makes sense. Asset prices typically get inflated with spending.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirlMastic Beach View Post
Yes.

Ok, explain. Facts. As far as I know, today historic job numbers were released.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Funny, I was a Republican from 1983 through 2016 when I went Independent and I'm voting D straight across because Trump needs a check in place to keep his ego and idiocy at bay and we can't count on the spineless like Ryan and McConnell to do it.

When Republicans go back to being the GOP and not the supporters of the alt-right, I'll consider voting Republican. But they just embarrass our control with fear, racism and misogyny.

Please consider voting for a few GOP candidates in NYS, like LI Senators or NY AG. If you vote D straight across in NY *LOCALLY* you're removing the 'check' here.

Although if you were a Republican until 2016 I suspect you are aware of this.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Ok, explain. Facts. As far as I know, today historic job numbers were released.
That is fine. But still in a recession. No one just notices yet, and we might be able to get through the whole cycle while keeping it masked. Hopefully the midterms don't end up exposing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island