Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 01:41 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,139,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickip2 View Post
honestly don't know why you keep saying that when I know people in that "W" section area that all go to Middle Country and not Longwood. I know every single street and being involved in the school there I know a lot of people that live in the "W" section. With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 streets (Comsewogue) it's Middle Country. Where are you getting your figures from? The "H" section is not only East of 83 but it is also west of 83. I know every street in the "H" section west of 83. As you go north toward Pine in that area the district starts to change.
The H section is specifically harford from old town rd. to hawkins ,east of 83 and all streets within (himmel,hale,hartsdale,etc...)
Howe rd. is not considered part of the "H" section neither is hawkins on the west side.I work for the coram post office so I know specifically. Anything southwest of howe rd starting at hawkins path is MC schools. howe rd north of hawkins path is longwood. Also I live on blair 2 blocks off the W section so I know the breakdowns well.Wellsley is comsewogue and mc,so is westbrook. As you head west on wedgewood it becomes MC. Not very much is Comsewogue but most "is" longwood.MC only makes up about 20-25%.You can always contact the town hwy dept at 1140 old town rd.,coram to get the breakdown and stats if you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 08:05 PM

12 posts, read 49,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
The H section is specifically harford from old town rd. to hawkins ,east of 83 and all streets within (himmel,hale,hartsdale,etc...)
Howe rd. is not considered part of the "H" section neither is hawkins on the west side.I work for the coram post office so I know specifically. Anything southwest of howe rd starting at hawkins path is MC schools. howe rd north of hawkins path is longwood. Also I live on blair 2 blocks off the W section so I know the breakdowns well.Wellsley is comsewogue and mc,so is westbrook. As you head west on wedgewood it becomes MC. Not very much is Comsewogue but most "is" longwood.MC only makes up about 20-25%.You can always contact the town hwy dept at 1140 old town rd.,coram to get the breakdown and stats if you like.
Sorry but you could not be more wrong about this. You are totally missing the "H" section west of 83. Yes, Howe is the "H" section along with Haverford, Holly Hill, Hillsdale, Hyson, etc. if you are on Blair you should know this.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:26 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,932,292 times
I lived there for over 20 years-on Wellsley as I said & I clearly remember about more of the neighborhood being Longwood , then a good chunk MC & just three blocks being Comsewogue. I spent my whole childhood & young adult life living there & knew just about every kid in the entire W section & some in the H.
I know the district lines have not changed.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:10 AM

Yes, I think about 3 streets in the "W" area being Comsewogue, not sure how many were Longwood by Wellsley, and true a good chunk of "W" is Middle Country as well as all the "H" listed above and lots of "H" I didn't list. I'm very familiar with the "H" section. Either way, it is truly a beautiful area. A friend of mine bought a house on Wellsley about 4 years ago- that would be a really big coincidence.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 AM

6 posts, read 28,828 times
I live in Coram around the W section and it is very nice well kept, middle class/working class, whatever bottom line is LONGWOOD school district is horrible..you may not have kids now but if you plan on having kids and sending them to public schools do not buy ANYWHERE in the Longwood district, I have more than one friend that teaches at the High School and they fear for their lives, the brawls and riots that occur there are crazy.
As soon as I can before I have kids I am getting out of Longwood schools and if it happens that I cannot before my child enters school I am coughing up the money for private school or using my inlaws address and sending my kids to Sachem schools. Not my favorite district either but has a good reputation, just too BIG, i like a small town school district

Old 04-25-2008, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 13,447 times
I live in the w-section and it is lovely. My home is located in the middle of the development so I am not close enought to hear traffic noise from either Rt. 112 or Old Town Rd. I purchased my home about six, almost seven, months ago and it was well-maintained by the previous owners. I have a 4 bedroom colonial with a full-finished basement. I must say that it is a rarety to find a basement in Coram period. I was specifically searching for a home in Coram with a basement and had a very hard time finding a place until this one came on the market. The people have been very friendly around here and there are a lot of children that play on their front lawns. I have noticed that at about 6pm all of the children go inside and the streets are completely quiet. Being that I move here late fall of last year I am not sure what the summer will bring, but according to the neighbors it is a great community and so far I agree. Although we are in an economic downturn, the people in this neighborhood take pride in the appearance of their homes as evidenced by home improvement projects scattered throughout the area.

I am in the Longwood school district and I have no complaints to date. My neighbors insist that they prefer the Longwood school district as well and mentioned that there were recent budget cuts to the Middle County School district while the Longwood school district received an increase.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:07 AM

270 posts, read 964,302 times
yeah, the area looked nice. we drove around the streets near the house. i really do want to look at this house, since it does have a basement (which is a requirement in what we want) and it looks soooooo nice inside. we are listing our condo this week, so we will start looking also.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:40 PM

The Middle Country School district does better than Longwood on the elementary level (you can look this up)- they are about the same for middle school and high school.
You're not supposed to tell people you are going to try and get your kids in another district..by using a different address - good luck to you with that! LOL. I'm sure lots would do it if they could. It'll be a pain in the butt driving them there every morning and picking them up. Sachem is a much better district then Middle Country and Longwood.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 4,965 times
Unhappy roomate

ok i don't know if i have joined the right topic or not but hey i don't care. i need help asap! i am looking for a roomate or 2 in thr nassau county as i will be schooling at nassau community college. i am an indian- international student in batavia ny. pleas email me [EMAIL="khilz4u@yahoo.com"]khilz4u@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 06-03-2008, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,884 times
Just for clarification, is Old Town Road east of Rt 83 and west of Rt 112 considered the H-section of Coram? Also, how far east of 112 should I go before I fear for my safety?... Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island