Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy11bnl View Post
Bellerose Terrace is in Nassau, south of Jericho.

A map of the Hamlet of Bellerose Terrace in the Town of Hempstead, Nassau County
:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Bellerose-terrace-ny-map.gif (broken link)

Bellerose Terrace is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where none of the places in the community have the hamlet name in their mailing address: all places in the Hamlet of Bellerose Terrace have a "Floral Park, NY 11001" mailing address.

Quote:
Bellerose Village is also in Nassau south of Jericho & between BT & Floral Park
A map of the Village of Bellerose in the Town of Hempstead, Nassau County:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Bellerose-ny-map.gif (broken link)

Bellerose is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where none of the places in the community have the village name in their mailing address: all places in the Village of Bellerose have a "Floral Park, NY 11001" mailing address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 AM

2 posts, read 8,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post

Bellerose Terrace is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where none of the places in the community have the hamlet name in their mailing address: all places in the Hamlet of Bellerose Terrace have a "Floral Park, NY 11001" mailing address.

Bellerose is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where none of the places in the community have the village name in their mailing address: all places in the Village of Bellerose have a "Floral Park, NY 11001" mailing address.
How amazing then that ALL of my mail is addressed and delivered to me as "Bellerose Terrace" and it has been for the past 30 years.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
How amazing then that ALL of my mail is addressed and delivered to me as "Bellerose Terrace" and it has been for the past 30 years.
buffy11bnl, I'm guessing that the mail is being sent to "Bellerose Terrace, NY 11001" (the "Bellerose Terrace" community name and the "Floral Park, NY" ZIP Code).

The USPS "allows" folks to use an alternate community as long as the ZIP Code is correct, and this is especially true when the alternate community name is for a community that is entirely within a differently-named ZIP code postal zone, such as Bellerose Terrace being entirely within the "Floral Park, NY 11001" ZIP Code postal zone.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,621 times
My wife and I are considering buying a house on Irving Street in the village of Floral Park. So what's up with the parking situation ? I hear that there is no street parking between 3 and 5 am. That one doesn't bother me too much, but I hear that there is a 4 hour limit at anytime on the street. what if you have people over ? can someone who's familiar with these rules let me know if this is a real problem and if it's something that really enforced by the police ?

Old 07-25-2010, 01:35 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Floral Park includes Bellerose Village which is very pretty with some beautiful 1920s homes.
The surrounding areas are in stark contrast.
I would not live in F.P.
It is also very hot since it is in the center of L.I.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:37 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Yes the elementary schools are fine so it may be a good place to start.
FP Memorial? meh... I wouldn't give you 2 cents for it.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Floral Park includes Bellerose Village ...
Floral Park is a village, and the Village of Floral Park does not include the Village of Bellerose because, by New York State definition, a village can not be part of another village.

NYS Geographic Glossary may be of some help to you in understanding the geography of "Lawn Guyland".

Old 07-25-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
It is also very hot since it is in the center of L.I.
The Hamlet of Middle Island, named for its position in the middle of Long Island -- half-way between the East River and Montauk Point, as well as half-way between the North and South shores -- is in the central part of the Town of Brookhaven, in the east-central part of Suffolk County.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:09 AM

146 posts, read 840,466 times
Irving Street is OK - certainly not one of my favorites - but it still puts you into a great town.

As for the no-parking-overnight situation, it SOUNDS obnoxious, but is an amazing feature. Not only do the streets feel open and airy (like what you would find out of the metro area), but it is a security feature that keeps a lot of unsavory characters out of the town. The only way it doesn't work out is if you do not have a long driveway or are constantly having people with cars stay over.

The parking turned me off when we first started looking and quickly turned into one of my favorite features!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:57 AM

1,919 posts, read 7,108,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou12276 View Post
My wife and I are considering buying a house on Irving Street in the village of Floral Park. So what's up with the parking situation ? I hear that there is no street parking between 3 and 5 am. That one doesn't bother me too much, but I hear that there is a 4 hour limit at anytime on the street. what if you have people over ? can someone who's familiar with these rules let me know if this is a real problem and if it's something that really enforced by the police ?
You cannot park overnight, yes you will be ticketed most likely.

But the 4 hr thing, they don't really enforce other than by the train. And if someone complains that someone is parking by their home for more than 4 hrs, they will check it out and may ticket. And as for guests coming over, never an issue. They really do NOT enforce the 4 hr rule at all. And if you have overnight guests who need to park on the street, you just give the police a call and alert them and they log it in so they won't ticket it. Non issues at all. HTH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island