Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 05:49 AM

20,862 posts, read 28,205,596 times

Advertisements

I met Billy Joel when I was In Greenport many years ago at a small diner. I got his autograph. I met Dee Snider on the new London ferry going to Connecticut about 5 years ago. We were on our way to a car show and he was doing the Bikers for babies run. Very nice guy. I also met Pat Lafontaine of the NY Islanders. My Husband has met Phil Rizzuto, Mickey Mantel. He used to go to baseball card shows back in the early 1990's. I also met Busta Rhymes. When I worked in a day care center he was there checking the place out for his son who was 4 at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 06:52 AM

8,801 posts, read 21,213,810 times
The guy who played the trumpet in Skitch Henderson's band on the (New York based ) Johnny
Carson Tonight show lived down the street from us and used to get us tickets to the show
all the time. When I was about fourteen , I did meet both Johnny and Ed Mc Mahon . Johnny was
very nice to three silly teen age girls , but Ed McMahon just glared at us and walked away .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-13-2019 at 03:35 PM..

Old 02-13-2019, 07:23 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,213,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
My (then) young daughter met Alec Baldwin in Francesca's in Babylon Village. He said , "Hello. little ladies "
to my daughter and her friend.
I've met him numerous times. One of the nicest guys you could possibly meet, but he absolutely loathes the paparazzi since the incident where they were literally shoving cameras into his newborns stroller. Since then, well...you've seen the news.

Met Greg Kinnear and Don Johnson at an event, both of whom were absolutely delightful.

Jeff Daniels is a complete and total jerk, and I would use harsher language, but Nancy would implode.

JLo is very nice, but extremely shy and soft spoken when she's not the center of attention. She is also absolutely stunningly beautiful. Pictures don't do her justice.

Luke Wilson, the Wilson bro without the god awful nose, was pretty nice, but he was absolutely hammered the entire day and night.

Have not met Billy Joel, but I did "meet" his mother and she was a rude, obnoxious yenta who did nothing but storm around the restaurant bossing orders to anyone within earshot.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:49 AM

2,591 posts, read 3,372,573 times
I actually did meet Bobby Nystrom when I was working in Commack many years ago. He seemed very nice.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:51 AM

2,591 posts, read 3,372,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
I've met him numerous times. One of the nicest guys you could possibly meet, but he absolutely loathes the paparazzi since the incident where they were literally shoving cameras into his newborns stroller. Since then, well...you've seen the news.

Met Greg Kinnear and Don Johnson at an event, both of whom were absolutely delightful.

Jeff Daniels is a complete and total jerk, and I would use harsher language, but Nancy would implode.

JLo is very nice, but extremely shy and soft spoken when she's not the center of attention. She is also absolutely stunningly beautiful. Pictures don't do her justice.

Luke Wilson, the Wilson bro without the god awful nose, was pretty nice, but he was absolutely hammered the entire day and night.

Have not met Billy Joel, but I did "meet" his mother and she was a rude, obnoxious yenta who did nothing but storm around the restaurant bossing orders to anyone within earshot.

JLo was nice? Wow I'm shocked I heard she's a total diva and extremely bossy. But she certainly is fine looking lady. She looks better now than she did 10-15 years ago.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:28 AM

11,576 posts, read 12,593,254 times
I met Paul Stanley's mother when she lived in Syosset. She was very nice.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:24 PM

22,629 posts, read 36,578,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
I

JLo and Arod were recently at a benefit for the school where my sister works, as she is apparently going to or thinking of sending her daughter there. My sister said the same thing - quiet, almost shy, and very low key.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:35 PM

4,178 posts, read 3,368,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I almost bought in the Three Village Club when Dee had a house there and neighbors had nice things to say about him.

Met Snyder at a convenience store during a blackout. Confirmed.

Also...a certain soap opera star (had been on more than one hit show) at a post office. Just a guy, smiled, said hello to everyone.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:23 PM

11,576 posts, read 12,593,254 times
To the person who asked me who is Paul Stanley, he is a member of the band KISS. I knew Gene's mother too, but we were discussing Long Island celebrities. They were both very nice moms.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:41 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,266,727 times
I watched Dee Snider's reality show years ago and had fun trying to pick out places they were, or drove. They seemed like nice down to Earth people, good to hear the rumors are true.

My friend was a secret service agent that did an event many years ago where Alec Baldwin showed up already drunk, having drove there himself, shouting at his wife. They had to contain them so they didn't make the president look bad.

My father in law was a limo driver in the city and the only person in his company who drove for Martin Scorsese when he was in town. He said he said was the nicest man and they had a mutual respect for each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island