Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 02:58 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
All I hear is crickets, peepers, bullfrogs, and owls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkntcq0jBI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 05:38 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
There are so many ways this post alone could go south.
Wow! I did not even think of that That's ok let it go south I have a sense of humor.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:46 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Wow! I did not even think of that That's ok let it go south I have a sense of humor.
Thank god.

Too many stiffs in here lately. Life sucks.
Laughing makes it tolerable.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:08 AM

55 posts, read 44,944 times
Noise pollution in some areas of LI is horrible and unhealthy. The Airplane thing is another thread, so I'll skip that part (as bad as it often is).

I think it's a great start to ban the GPL-blowers in Town of Hempstead, for most of the year.

Some of you seem to have it easy -- up in the Huntington area, for ten months of the year, every day except Sunday, it's constant landscaping noise. Sometimes a crew will stay on one block for 2-3 hours, with 3 guys wielding those leaf blowers. All you can do is leave the area. These crews arrive at 7:30 sometimes (defying the 8 a.m. start time in TOH) and go into the evening, till 6:30.

Huntington Calm has tried very hard to get the town board to follow TOH, to no avail. At least up to this date. Besides banning the GPLB's, these companies should be seriously regulated. Some have trucks with no names, you have no idea who they are. They constantly violate the town's accepted arrival and finish times.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:27 PM

55 posts, read 44,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna Du Jour View Post
There's another group that might help you with this. It's called:

"It's All About ME - A NIMBY's Perspective"

Next meeting is tomorrow night at Rights of No One Church. Bring your own Kleenex.

Don't forget your own Kleenex so you can wipe away the sarcasm and self hatred from your dead soul.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:10 PM

412 posts, read 289,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna Du Jour View Post
There's another group that might help you with this. It's called:

"It's All About ME - A NIMBY's Perspective"

Next meeting is tomorrow night at Rights of No One Church. Bring your own Kleenex.
Actually "it's all about me" applies to the people who hire these landscapers at the expense of the other surrounding neighbors just so their yard can look "good" and so they can feel affluent by having hired help do a job that they should do.

You're probably too dumb to understand the carcinogens emitted by these 2 stroke blowers(something equivalent to 200 Ford f150s each driving a few thousand miles in a matter of a half hour of blowing) plus the mold, heavy metals, and feces kicked up into the air, which can take hours to settle.

People like Jackie are not selfish nimbys for simply wanting clean air and relative quiet on their own property. People who inconvenience and jeopardize the health of the neighborhood due to their vanity and laziness are the selfish ones.

I believe I've read some of your posts in the tax thread...you seem to be low iq and undereducated.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:02 PM

983 posts, read 725,513 times
To me the noise that should immediately be considered illegal is any loud noise that is purposely made or easily avoidable coming from machines.

Under this category fall for example those cars with loud exhaust (not sure why some find this exciting).
But also gas powered landscaping tools that could use the same technology as unaltered cars.

Last edited by Mrpepelepeu; 02-26-2019 at 03:12 PM..

Old 02-26-2019, 03:22 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,588 times
The same people who keep posting in the dorky aircraft noise thread are posting here, pretending they have a right to silence while living in overcrowded suburbia. Utterly shocking.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:48 PM

983 posts, read 725,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
pretending they have a right to silence while living in overcrowded suburbia.
Pretending?
It may not be explicitly written but I believe we do have that right. Am I wrong?

No matter who you are you care about it too. I would love to see what you do if your neighbor leaves super loud music on all day, everyday.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:20 PM

2,759 posts, read 2,050,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieavenue View Post
Some of you seem to have it easy -- up in the Huntington area, for ten months of the year, every day except Sunday, it's constant landscaping noise. Sometimes a crew will stay on one block for 2-3 hours, with 3 guys wielding those leaf blowers.

I'm curious as to what part of Huntington. Are you talking about areas north of 25A where properties tend to be bigger? Because honestly, I have lived in three different areas each within two different Towns so far (Islip and Smithtown) and have never experienced what you describe even though nobody on my block(s) cut their own lawn. Granted, those neighborhoods were all either 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 acre zoned which meant that the average in/out time per lot is 20 minutes or less. So a crew from "ABC Landscaping" who has, say, 3 customers on the same block would be done with them all in no more than one hour, unless all the properties are oversized. For instance in Dix Hills where it's minimum 1-acre zoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island