Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 07:20 PM

655 posts, read 1,060,198 times

Advertisements

Newsday isn't going to come out and say they are illegal. You have to read between the lines (or have half a brain).

Bio 1:
Quote:
Jimenez Luna was a father of four, Rivers said. He had worked at the supermarket since it opened more than a decade ago. Jimenez Luna was always talking about a house he was having built in Mexico, and that he was nearly finished with it, Rivers said.

"He'd say he was going to leave this country and go live there" with his family, Rivers said.
So he has worked at the store for 10 years and has 4 kids but is ready to leave this country go live there with his family. Hmmm.

Bio 2
Quote:
Back in the seafood department, manager Raul Rivers said Martinez Caravantes, a native of El Salvador, was the father of one young girl and two boys.
He is 28 with 3 kids.

Bio 3
Quote:
The third man, who has yet to be identified by police, was the manager of the dairy section, Rivers said. Single, with no children, he had worked at the store for about six years, Rivers added. The man had recently purchased land in Mexico, where he hoped to build a house. He often talked about sending money home to his mother in Mexico, Rivers said.

Two of the men lived in Westbury (a clue) and all of them worked at Fine Fare...heck E Verify doesn't really work and who knows if Fine Fare (a clue) pays folks off the books. Then take into account that they were in a fender bender and then speeding away.... There are a lot of cars on the road here with license plates from PA, IL, SC and MD (another potential clue). I haven't seen where the plates were on this Jeep.

Given the extent of the damage with the concrete its amazing that no one on the train was seriously injured or died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 07:30 PM

22,667 posts, read 36,779,658 times
The first clue that at least one is illegal is that the ME won't release his identity without DNA, which tells me his "papers" were not necessarily in order.

And yes as soon as I heard it was School St. I gave myself one guess as to who was in the truck.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:04 PM

323 posts, read 199,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomber11 View Post
because it never occurred to the MTA/LIRR the POLS that having railroad tracks on street grade in a ever-growing population isn't a good thing.

Too much money 50 years ago when the elevated Babylon.

There is a infrastructure project that will employee thousands of Long Islanders, instead of building that stupid wall, but I digress.

Wasn't there a similar accident what 30-40 years ago in Williston Park which resulted in a road dug under the tracks.
Well if we had a "stupid wall" those stupid illegals that did a hit and run damaging someone else's property, fleeing the scene to end up being hit by a train, derailing it and causing infrastructure damage and a commuter's nightmare wouldn't have happened.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:26 PM

323 posts, read 199,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
As soon as I heard it was three men in a truck of some kind, and in Westbury, I figured it would likely be undocumented immigrants. The fact that they were speeding away from a minor fender bender indicates that they were illegal, drunk, and/or unlicensed as you guessed.
The minute I hear the word "truck" and "Westbury" I told my husband, "I bet it was illegals". Sure enough I was right. This story is going to get buried by the media really quickly. Nassau County residents get ready for your property taxes to go up even more to pay for the mess they caused to the infrastructure...

Looks like Darwinism and a splash of Karma took care of these idiots.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:47 AM

20,028 posts, read 20,835,571 times
We need stricter train regulations.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:28 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
Well if we had a "stupid wall" those stupid illegals that did a hit and run damaging someone else's property, fleeing the scene to end up being hit by a train, derailing it and causing infrastructure damage and a commuter's nightmare wouldn't have happened.
Or if you enforce the employment laws ALREADY on the books, they wouldn't be here or have jobs. There, I just saved us $26 billion. You're welcome.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:12 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,889,314 times
For all the rhetoric spewed by this administration and its army of loyal, blind apologists, the illegals are not affected at all. Go by Freeport Home Depot in the morning and you have over a hundred sitting ducks and yet nothing. What an embarrassment.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:46 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
For all the rhetoric spewed by this administration and its army of loyal, blind apologists, the illegals are not affected at all. Go by Freeport Home Depot in the morning and you have over a hundred sitting ducks and yet nothing. What an embarrassment.
Also funny that the Pete King's of the world lived side by side with MS-13 for the last 25 years, but one whiff of Trump's rhetoric and they became 1860's Texas militiamen overnight. Where was Pete for 20+ years?! Screaming about Al Queada. GOP always needs a scary boogeyman to fear.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:00 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,339,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
We need stricter train regulations.

Agreed. Train is at fault here. Should have swerved.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:44 AM

5,807 posts, read 2,936,362 times
Someone mentioned that they were driving a company van. Supermarket that hires illegals.
If that is so, that supermarket will be closed soon, lawsuits will eat them up.

Im assuming a few drinks at the bar has given him a fake courage, and after a fender bender dude said, Adios, Im out of here. Little did he know hes out there for good.

I can only imagine what the person whose car got hit must be thinking.
" hey!!! stop, you hit my car, Stop you bastards!!!!!" Boooooom!
'Oh....hmmm... well now. ****. I guess thats that." Calls wife. "honey, open some wine, im on my way, boy do I have a story for you".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island