Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2019, 05:45 PM

115 posts, read 233,342 times

Advertisements

The best price I could negotiate with a verizon rep who by the way wouldn't let me hang up was $210.00 for tv, internet and phone. this included HBO,Showtime, U tube Netflix and sports pckg. Does anyone out there know a way to get a lower price, perhaps there will be a package deal coming up?
I am a little reluctant to even post on this forum as almost every sincere question has a troller making fun of the poster, kind of ruining this forum for regular people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 06:05 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,357,189 times
I just signed up for their triple play Dec 2018 and am paying total of $166 whiich includes three boxes but no extras like HBO. I did switch their package to another similar package because I wants Turner Movie Classics but it went up $10 because it included a NY State tax for sports so I switched back because I wasn’t interested in the sports package.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:14 PM

732 posts, read 883,381 times
Have you checked the online deals? They start at $80 for fios internet, cable and phone. If you add HBO, it'll probably be another $15. 2 year contract, free 1 year netflix. If you have unlimited verizon wireless, you get another $20 discount every month. They will waive the $99 set up charge if you order online as well.

https://www.verizon.com/home/bundles/fios/

Old 04-02-2019, 07:26 PM

87 posts, read 99,316 times
I find it varies based on what representive you get. I am paying $190 with 1 upgraded DVR, no movie channels and 1 box. I need to call again to see what they will offer but it’s so frustrating that I keep putting it off. I know previously when I called the offered 1 movie channel for a few months and a lower rate but taxes were more. Previously I was at $165 and I keep getting $190 and up. I refuse to lock into a contact unless under $175

Old 04-03-2019, 03:35 AM

106,653 posts, read 108,790,719 times
we ditched fios .... first of all the 2nd year increase was a lot and when it came time to renew they told us not only don't they have a deal for us but they were raising us 30 dollars to 200 a month .

got the same thing for 159 from spectrum and they will hold for 2 years

Old 04-03-2019, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
we ditched fios .... first of all the 2nd year increase was a lot and when it came time to renew they told us not only don't they have a deal for us but they were raising us 30 dollars to 200 a month .

got the same thing for 159 from spectrum and they will hold for 2 years
You always cancel the serve when your 2 years is up. Then you ask your household like your wife to contract with verizon for the next 2 years. Make sure the service date is the same as your cancellation date. After your household 2 year is almost over, you repeat the process by contracting under your name.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:06 AM

69 posts, read 126,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubering View Post
You always cancel the serve when your 2 years is up. Then you ask your household like your wife to contract with verizon for the next 2 years. Make sure the service date is the same as your cancellation date. After your household 2 year is almost over, you repeat the process by contracting under your name.

How do you prevent a lapse in service on this? As in , not going a few days without cable service... Do you return your original boxes, then have them bring you new ones?

My contract expires in 4 months, right now the same package I have now for another 2 years is 20 bucks more expensive. (Paying $155 for one multi room dvr, one hd box, no movie channels, and the middle tier channel package, year one it was only 120).

Thanks

Old 04-03-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML987 View Post
How do you prevent a lapse in service on this? As in , not going a few days without cable service... Do you return your original boxes, then have them bring you new ones?

My contract expires in 4 months, right now the same package I have now for another 2 years is 20 bucks more expensive. (Paying $155 for one multi room dvr, one hd box, no movie channels, and the middle tier channel package, year one it was only 120).

Thanks
Find out which day your contract ends by contacting Verizon.
Then your household should arrange the date of the new contract/service on the next day after your contract ends (sign up 1-2 months before your contract ends). They usually shut down your service on 12AM. Make sure you get a schedule morning if you want the least downtime.
Tell Verizon you want to end your contract on the last day of the contract.

You'll probably lose a few hours of connectivity if all goes well.

You'll have to return the your old boxes since Verizon will mail you new boxes to your household (if you choose this option). I believe they send you a return postage and boxes for your old cable boxes or you'll have to return it to your local verizon store.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:06 AM

115 posts, read 233,342 times
mathjak107, this is a Long Island based forum , Spectrum isn't available on Long Island. Any other suggestons?

Old 04-04-2019, 08:25 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubering View Post
Find out which day your contract ends by contacting Verizon.
Then your household should arrange the date of the new contract/service on the next day after your contract ends (sign up 1-2 months before your contract ends). They usually shut down your service on 12AM. Make sure you get a schedule morning if you want the least downtime.
Tell Verizon you want to end your contract on the last day of the contract.

You'll probably lose a few hours of connectivity if all goes well.

You'll have to return the your old boxes since Verizon will mail you new boxes to your household (if you choose this option). I believe they send you a return postage and boxes for your old cable boxes or you'll have to return it to your local verizon store.
What about keeping your phone number? How do you deal with that hassle? You've done this for many years now? Curious why wouldn't Verizon be onto this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island