Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 11:54 AM

60 posts, read 63,832 times

Advertisements

Only issue I had was a long time ago at WaldBaums. I actually went on their website to check their circular and a window popped up with some coupons to print. It was something I actually needed too...printed it out went shopping and went to check out. I give the coupon to the cashier who then tells me to hold a second and he walks over to the manager. She comes over and proceeds to tell me they do not take copies of coupons. LOL - it printed in black and white. Literally would not let me use the coupon after I told her its a laser printer. She was adamant - so I just said whatever, lol...it was literally 50 cents off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 01:52 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
My husband gets so much free stuff from Publix it's ridiculous, if they price it wrong you get it free. I always do self checkout, but I have the opposite problem - down here you deal with chirpy baggers and I just want to get on my way with as few bags as possible.

I buy staples at Walmart Neighborhood Market - way cheaper than anywhere else.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:03 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernSkysGuy View Post
We shop at various stores and I notice this trend the last year or so. First off, the stores are not adverse to making some cash at your expense because they will have a sign up yet charge you some nebulous price that "just happened" to be in their register.

Secondly, your item will be on mark down (even with a sticker) you often get charged full price. I realize the buyer has to be extra vigilant but with packing your own and fiddling with coupons, a debit card, reward cards and rushing because someone is huffing and puffing behind you things slip by.

I have friends who also feel since "pack your own" came about the cashiers don't even attempt to do anything but stand there as even elderly people struggle with packing, paying and so on.

There are certain stores I won't even go to anymore (the opposite of "worst" comes to mind) because every trip leads to "overcharging" a buck or two. Do that all day and they have another profit.

It's hard enough to shop (prices are so high) and make sure items are not out of date(another classic).

Lack of cashiers is also a frustration point. If you do get someone, at my local supermarket they stand and roll their eyes at you. I'm not going to cry when robots take your job.

Has anyone else had this sort of experience particularly in the last year? Seems like grocery shopping is another thing to get exasperated about here on Long Island.
It's been fine mostly but I do find a lot of registers without people behind them. IDK if it's a lack of staff @ the store or what, but seems like no one works there.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:05 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Admittedly I'm a crazy coupon lady so I always pay attention to the coupons & what I'm being charged. Yes I am that annoying person, ha. I am also the 'saves a lot of $$' person

Old 04-09-2019, 02:36 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace500 View Post
Only issue I had was a long time ago at WaldBaums. I actually went on their website to check their circular and a window popped up with some coupons to print. It was something I actually needed too...printed it out went shopping and went to check out. I give the coupon to the cashier who then tells me to hold a second and he walks over to the manager. She comes over and proceeds to tell me they do not take copies of coupons. LOL - it printed in black and white. Literally would not let me use the coupon after I told her its a laser printer. She was adamant - so I just said whatever, lol...it was literally 50 cents off.

Yeah you shouldn't have copied it. You should have taken the monitor, computer, mouse, keyboard, network cable (real long one) and power cables (long ones) to the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island