Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 10:03 AM

7 posts, read 4,823 times

Advertisements

I agree with the poster who mentioned Knob Hill in Ronkonkoma. I had friends who lived there for a short time and they loved it while they were there. It's very convenient to the LIE too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 10:18 AM

4 posts, read 3,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
My advice would be to leave LI. $260K + $1K a month will go very far elsewhere. If you earn little as a clerical worker it really doesn’t matter where.
I agree with you, but since I work for a school system I get very good benefits and will get a pension when I retire. I couldn’t have taken the job without those things.

I have savings that I can pull from monthly to help support myself.

I also moved back to be closer to my aging parents.

When I retire I’m out of here though.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessiedad View Post
I agree with the poster who mentioned Knob Hill in Ronkonkoma. I had friends who lived there for a short time and they loved it while they were there. It's very convenient to the LIE too.
Thank you. I’ve seen tons of listings for Knob Hill that I liked but wasn’t sure how great the complex is. I’m definitely considering it.

Old 04-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote4Summer View Post
Colonial Woods/Whispering Pines in Yaphank (right off the LIE at ex 68, next to the new complex that recently went up). Very safe, lots of different kinds of people (older, younger, single, families, etc). I lived there for a few years and was very happy. HOA fee was about $300, yearly taxes were about $4k (not sure what it would be now. This was about 7 years ago). Good luck on your search!
Thank you! I looked them up online and they are very nice. I like that you don’t have to live on top or below anyone and they are so affordable!

Old 04-22-2019, 11:21 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
I agree with this. If you are in a low paying job, you might as well move to a low cost of living area
You mean like Mastic Beach? Where you can easily find a house on half an acre for less than $200k.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:36 AM

7 posts, read 4,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackontheIsland9195 View Post
Thank you. I’ve seen tons of listings for Knob Hill that I liked but wasn’t sure how great the complex is. I’m definitely considering it.
The area is fine and the prices for those condos are pretty good considering the location. Easy access to the Expressway, Vets Hwy, and Smithown Blvd.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:32 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
FYI, it's NOB HILL, not Knob Hill (although the doors have knobs )

Old 04-23-2019, 08:03 PM

155 posts, read 174,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackontheIsland9195 View Post
Thank you! I looked them up online and they are very nice. I like that you don’t have to live on top or below anyone and they are so affordable!
A lot of the condos (most, in fact) have garages, and I’m pretty sure they all have basements. We lived on an end unit so our garage was attached and we had a nice sized basement as well.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:08 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote4Summer View Post
A lot of the condos (most, in fact) have garages, and I’m pretty sure they all have basements. We lived on an end unit so our garage was attached and we had a nice sized basement as well.
The lower priced ones (mostly older properties) do not all have garages/basements. Most likely one of the reasons the taxes are more reasonable.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:55 PM

10 posts, read 9,579 times
Nob Hill North is a great community. I lived there for over 2 years and sold mine recently. I would recommend. Neighbors generally keep to themselves and are polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island