Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 06:26 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times

Advertisements

Just catching up on my LI news and see that Matthew Solomon was released to his mom and is going to live in Binghamton.

Thanks to the wonderful Newsday, I can no longer get free content on that rag, so I had to do an end around to find out the info above. Tv anywhere used to allow me to get Channel 12.LI, but that is gone too.

What a shame, a young bride killed and left in a field to rot and this idiot is out of jail. I am beyond understanding how this is fair. To those that say, he served his time, he is rehabilitated, I say, "He and his family got that chance, Lisa and her family never did and never will, she did not have a chance to be well behaved or be a model prisoner, all she got was a cruel and cold death at the hands of this man". The judges have lost their minds.

So very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 10:13 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,844,919 times
The guy is like 60, looks terrible, and will have a hard time integrating back into society because of who he is. His suffering is really about to begin. His quality of life will be near zero and he will question whether he'd been better off staying in jail. So he may be "free", but he really isn't.
The only thing he has going is he is still breathing.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:08 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Just catching up on my LI news and see that Matthew Solomon was released to his mom and is going to live in Binghamton.

Thanks to the wonderful Newsday, I can no longer get free content on that rag, so I had to do an end around to find out the info above. Tv anywhere used to allow me to get Channel 12.LI, but that is gone too.

What a shame, a young bride killed and left in a field to rot and this idiot is out of jail. I am beyond understanding how this is fair. To those that say, he served his time, he is rehabilitated, I say, "He and his family got that chance, Lisa and her family never did and never will, she did not have a chance to be well behaved or be a model prisoner, all she got was a cruel and cold death at the hands of this man". The judges have lost their minds.

So very sad.
Cuomo's budget called for the closing of 2-3 prisons this year. Two are actually slated to be closed: Lincoln Correctional Facility and Livingston Correctional Facility. It seems that any prisoner who was 25-to-life, and has served at least 25 of those years is being paroled -- to hell with the fact that they are murderers and cop killers.

https://auburnpub.com/blogs/eye_on_n...197f6b87f.html

Quote:
The state Division of Budget has said that the state aims to eliminate at least 1,200 beds and save more than $35 million.
It's all about the Benjamins.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:16 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019...3281555547127/

Quote:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo commuted her sentence in 2016, allowing her the opportunity to be paroled.

"She talked about her sorrow, her complicity and why she did it," Cuomo said at the time. "I found it very impressive overall."

Quote:
The parole board's ruling stated that Clark showed "ample evidence of rehabilitation, remorse and transformation" and that her release would be "compatible with the welfare of the overall community."

She was previously denied parole in 2017 when a board stated she was "still a symbol of a violent terroristic crime."
How does someone go from being a 'symbol of violent terroristic crime' for 36 years (1981-2017) to rehabilitated within two years?
Quote:
"Welcome to the state of New York, where cop killers get to go free thanks to Gov. Cuomo's moronic and unethical parole board," Ed Mullins, president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association, said.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:38 PM

731 posts, read 724,718 times
[quote=How does someone go from being a 'symbol of violent terroristic crime' for 36 years (1981-2017) to rehabilitated within two years?[/QUOTE]

That's easy....vote Democrat.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:17 PM

I confess that, I still and always will love NY and particularly L.I. That said, I am glad I am on the outside looking in now. That dipstick, that runs NYC (loosely used) combined with the dipstick that runs the state (see previous paren's) have made the state a laughing stock.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:00 AM

731 posts, read 724,718 times
Quote:
I confess that, I still and always will love NY and particularly L.I. That said, I am glad I am on the outside looking in now. That dipstick, that runs NYC (loosely used) combined with the dipstick that runs the state (see previous paren's) have made the state a laughing stock.
Don't blame them. Fault lies with those who vote. Or don't vote. Both would win again if they ran.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:12 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
Quote:
\ That dipstick, that runs NYC (loosely used) .
I was up in NYC over spring break. Last time I was there was December 2015. What a difference...there's garbage piled up everywhere, sidewalks crumbling, homeless/panhandlers everywhere. I stayed at my friend's place, last time it was a nice quiet block and now it's panhandler alley. She said she's selling as soon as she can get back what she paid but the market is glutted with places for sale and it's a buyer's market. She's also taking (very) early retirement so she can get out of having to be there every day. I honestly thought I was over reacting because every thing is new and clean where I live but she assured me I am not imagining how bad it is. It is sliding back toward the 1970s every day.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Don't blame them. Fault lies with those who vote. Or don't vote. Both would win again if they ran.
Yes, you are correct, however, once in they can do damage that the voters didn't bargain for. If memory serves me, they both won with about 60% of the registered voters.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:19 AM

2,441 posts, read 1,217,135 times
I guess Robert Golub will be next.

Got to let these people out so they can vote in the next election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: