Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 10:53 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times

Advertisements

Can somebody post video? I wanna hear the frequency.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 07:39 AM

983 posts, read 725,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Can somebody post video? I wanna hear the frequency.
Take a short trip to the Michael Tully park when landings are open in the direction of jfk.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Jun 06, 2019
NY State Senate Bill S5855

S5855 is now on the Senate floor calendar.

2019-2020 Legislative Session
Directs the department of environmental conservation, with the assistance of the department of transportation, to conduct a study on the impacts of John F. Kennedy international airport and LaGuardia airport

Old 06-06-2019, 10:36 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Make sure to post and let me know when JFK will be closing...

Old 06-06-2019, 10:51 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times

Old 06-06-2019, 10:59 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
Take a short trip to the Michael Tully park when landings are open in the direction of jfk.
I live in Rockaway. I can see JFK from the roof of my building, and I'm 2 stops away Howard Beach-JFK on the A train. Take some video on your phone and post it; I would like to hear what you're personally experiencing. I remember when the Concorde was still in flight - the most deafening noise I've ever heard. Never forget one day in elementary school we were at recess and we couldn't play - we all just stopped what we were doing, the noise was that loud. It literally paralyzed us kids until it left from view. The whole schoolyard had their hands over their ears.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-06-2019, 11:01 AM

You two sound like you're 15. I don't know what is it that you find funny.
Nassau county is one of the areas with more aircraft in the sky than anywhere in the world. Do you think you're not breathing and drinking all those particles?
You should be more appreciative of people that put effort in making this place better. Instead, you spend your lives in this forum without contributing a thing. Once you're gone, you're just leaving this place dirtier than you found it. That's because you either don't have kids, or you don't care about them.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
That's because it's next door to 2 extremely busy airports (JFK and LGA) servicing probably the most well-known City in the world. If you live there and don't expect to deal with an abundance of aircraft noise, you're an absolute moron. It's like moving next door to the LIE and then complaining about the traffic noise. So either cut down a tree, build a bridge and get the the hell over it, or move. This is pathetic. You're beyond annoying with your incessant complaining. Worse than Walter Greenspan was with his jurisdictional nonsense. Grow up, but more importantly, SHUT UP.
wow. You're an angry sad person. Maybe you should just stop reading my posts.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I live in Rockaway. I can see JFK from the roof of my building, and I'm 2 stops away Howard Beach-JFK on the A train. Take some video on your phone and post it; I would like to hear what you're personally experiencing. I remember when the Concorde was still in flight - the most deafening noise I've ever heard. Never forget one day in elementary school we were at recess and we couldn't play - we all just stopped what we were doing, the noise was that loud. It literally paralyzed us kids until it left from view. The whole schoolyard had their hands over their ears.
Yes. Now imagine that noise, reduced, and coming and going every minute.
To see the frequency go to https://www.flightradar24.com/40.59,-73.95/10
on a day that has the airplanes landing from the north. Right now there's low traffic too. Last friday was hell.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:24 AM

732 posts, read 883,909 times
So what happens if this bill pass? Do they have to land vertically?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island