Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 08:41 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
I guess we should prepare for higher premiums, being a no fault state.

Get the license use any name and address they like. If they even get insurance it will be the bare minimum, default on those payments. Drive a 3000 pound s4Itbox down the road hit someone, DWI, destroy property and flee the scene.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
Since enacting this in CT, they have seen a 10% decrease in people leaving the scene of the accidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 10:00 AM

384 posts, read 434,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
I guess we should prepare for higher premiums, being a no fault state.

Get the license use any name and address they like. If they even get insurance it will be the bare minimum, default on those payments. Drive a 3000 pound s4Itbox down the road hit someone, DWI, destroy property and flee the scene.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
I doubt very much that the DMV will distribute license without checking the person’s identity.
People who are undocumented have passports from their home countries which the DMV could use.
As far as voting, American citizens can’t bother voting, so I don’t understand the hysteria with undocumented
Foreign nationals voting. Plus it has been proven over and over that it is a myth.
The racism in these types of threads is off the chains.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:33 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,219,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limaman View Post
I doubt very much that the DMV will distribute license without checking the person’s identity.
People who are undocumented have passports from their home countries which the DMV could use.
As far as voting, American citizens can’t bother voting, so I don’t understand the hysteria with undocumented
Foreign nationals voting. Plus it has been proven over and over that it is a myth.

Not sure why you quoted me, I didn't mention race.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:15 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,258 times
Quote:
These people don’t deserve facts or logic. They are barely people.

Old 06-20-2019, 05:41 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
You don’t understand the hysteria not allowing foreign nationals illegally voting in a US election? Wow. Unbelievable.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:48 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Listen to this one. I used to be a poll worker at the elections. During the 2008 presidential election, we had a young man come in and sign his name in the book, he left, changed his clothes and came back and tried to sign in as his father. We probably would not have picked it up so quickly except that he had on a very sexually explicit belt and we all noticed it, when he came in to vote. It was impossible not to, in fact. The idiot came back to vote as his father and forgot to change his belt. We asked for ID and he got indignant and started quoting his rights etc. I was the lead for one party and the lead for the other and I, took him aside and politely told him what he was trying to do was voting fraud and he protested that he did not have to show us any id, it was not the law etc. We politely told him that he forgot to change his belt and that was a dead give away to what he was trying to do. We urged him to leave before we called the police and a judge. He did. There are only so many tricks in the book and this license can only lead to problems.

Old 06-21-2019, 12:54 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Who cares anymore. This country is done.
It's over.

Old 06-21-2019, 05:33 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
Lack of citizenship doesn't stop anyone from voting.

My non-USA citizen chinese grandma was registered to vote by some Democrat organization that went to her senior center in the 80s. My grandma is now long dead, but everytime I go vote, I always see her name on the voter roll next mine. And I bet she votes early and often for Democrats.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:17 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Lack of citizenship doesn't stop anyone from voting.

My non-USA citizen chinese grandma was registered to vote by some Democrat organization that went to her senior center in the 80s. My grandma is now long dead, but everytime I go vote, I always see her name on the voter roll next mine. And I bet she votes early and often for Democrats.
Yet only republicans are the ones getting busted for it. Strange!

Old 06-21-2019, 06:21 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times
This is total BS. Our forefathers fought and died for our country and for which it stands. Now, today's generation, these knuckleheads just want to give everything away to people that entered and are here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island