Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 05:51 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
"Massapequa, its isnt just for Guidos anymore"

Sorry KGuido.
Im just messin' with you brother, Im glad to hear its opening up.

Peace,

Crooks

lol!! its all good! I remember when I was kid, there were little posses of guidos everywhere. you couldnt escape them. even the spanish and irish kids wanted to be a guido!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 05:59 PM

136 posts, read 492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Let's be completely honest -- the Hamlet of Massapequa borders the Village of Massapequa Park, and it's the eastern part of the Hamlet of East Massapequa that borders Suffolk County.
The town/hamlet police strikes again!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:08 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
lol!! its all good! I remember when I was kid, there were little posses of guidos everywhere. you couldnt escape them. even the spanish and irish kids wanted to be a guido!
You and I both know that being a Guido has nothing to do with being Italian.

Trust me, we have our fair share out here too.

Its all good.

Crooks

Old 11-23-2009, 07:54 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,552 times
I actually preferred seeing the guidos as opposed to what came next a few years later......"wiggers".

Old 11-23-2009, 08:46 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
Quote:
I actually preferred seeing the guidos as opposed to what came next a few years later......"wiggers".
Its a mutant strain KennyGuids from which none of us are safe.

Crooks

Old 11-30-2009, 11:37 AM

7 posts, read 24,494 times
What an interesting thread...! My husband and I are about to close on a house in North Massapequa. SO GLAD we picked Massapequa!!

Not from the area, I can say that one of the key factors in helping us make a decision was the schools in the area. Granted, our address is attached to the Farmingdale schools, not Massapequa schools. But we did our research and at the end of the day, the schools are very comparable.

During the last 2 months, we drove back to Massapequa every weekend to scope out the neighborhoods and enjoy some of the local atmosphere. Halloween night we were in the area and loved seeing families with their little ones Trick or Treating. The neighborhoods are clean and quiet and well maintained. We even dragged our bikes out and rode around the Massapequa Reserve a few weekends. To my happy delight we were greeted by local dog owners and other families (the WHOLE family!!) bike riding together. We saw smaller pockets of teenagers just hanging and doing normal teen things too.

People in this area are friendly and I felt like I already fit in. My husband is Caucasian and I'm Asian. I didn't sense any animosity or awkwardness whereever we went (probably I wasn't looking for any of those vibes...)

I guess what I am trying to say is, if you can, go and spend some time getting around the area you are interested in. Go during busy peak times, quieter weekend nights, and even now, during the holiday season - what 's the area like? Is it festive? More quiet and reserved? Can you see yourself having an active life there?

These local folks are AWESOME at sharing their views and opinions and favorite memories. But we outsiders - we have to work a little more if we want to find a place to become insiders one day. Good luck with your search!!

And to all of you guys - Thanks for this thread!! We totally feel like we made the right choice in Massapequa! Happy Holidays to you!

Old 11-30-2009, 01:04 PM

138 posts, read 491,955 times
The bike path is great, for sure.

we just moved to Lindy, and so far it's great. We met a bunch of neighbors this weekend, and everyone has been swell. We raked a ton of leaves, and when we finished we both remarked how good the house looked. i think we got a very good house at a good price. only drawback thus far is the distance to the southern state.

massapequa was just a bit higher and i didn't think it wise for us to stretch.

i will miss bethpage. but the more time i spend in the yard, the more glad I am we landed where we did.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:59 AM

264 posts, read 878,115 times
Quote:
hahahahaha that's the Massapequa I remember.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Good insight.

The bars thing is pure fiction.

Crooks
That is actually untrue East Massapequa is not a bad town Black people live there so for racist people that makes it a "bad town" I live in East Massapequa and we live great we are not poor we live amazing my family owns a lovely vacation home .East Massapequa is a great place to live we pay the same amount of money that they do you will not get robbed or hurt over here it is a really nice place nothing goes on there. Actually not that long ago in massapequa "the good part" some may say a doctor was actually selling drugs to people along with a nurse that worked for him also someone stole a car with a child in it and last but not least someone broke into a church and stole a empty poor box so you be the judge of what neighborhood is better. I said that to say every neighborhood has it's cons. First of all nassau county police are great cops suffolk cops suck so north amityville is really bad I'm black and I do not hang out over there. I say all this to say please do not believe the ignorance about East Massapequa you can come for yourself and see it's not the place this guy described maybe he isn't a racist but most people that believe that usually are.

Old 03-07-2010, 11:28 AM

136 posts, read 492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.IGIRL42090 View Post
That is actually untrue East Massapequa is not a bad town Black people live there so for racist people that makes it a "bad town" I live in East Massapequa and we live great we are not poor we live amazing my family owns a lovely vacation home .East Massapequa is a great place to live we pay the same amount of money that they do you will not get robbed or hurt over here it is a really nice place nothing goes on there. Actually not that long ago in massapequa "the good part" some may say a doctor was actually selling drugs to people along with a nurse that worked for him also someone stole a car with a child in it and last but not least someone broke into a church and stole a empty poor box so you be the judge of what neighborhood is better. I said that to say every neighborhood has it's cons. First of all nassau county police are great cops suffolk cops suck so north amityville is really bad I'm black and I do not hang out over there. I say all this to say please do not believe the ignorance about East Massapequa you can come for yourself and see it's not the place this guy described maybe he isn't a racist but most people that believe that usually are.
Thank you! I gew up in East Massapequa as well (Amityville schools) and the bad publicity it gets on this forum is not only unjust but downright ridiculous at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island