Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 11:08 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,537,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeganT View Post
"it doesn't change how much money they need to run the services."

They 'need' that much ?

A They are all a bunch of crooks
B No one even wants half their "services"
C There unwanted "services" are a rip off

Like down at the boat ramp buy a $75 sticker so that clan of useless retards can get paid to sit around check stickers and even though pretty much no one ever drives from out of town to launch a boat they have everyone convinced its to stop "non residents"

Or is it to "pay for the boat ramp" ? The concrete that was poured at low tide some time in 1960 at a total cost of $500.

Long Island is run by thieves.

Bingo.

They are all a bunch of F'n thieves. I just received my Suffolk County tax bill. It's a 10% increase over last year. So much for the 2% cap nonsense.

It truly surprising there hasn't been a true revolt. Then again, people are easily distracted by bread and circuses. Who's going to storm town hall when a new episode of "90 day fiance" is about to air?

I want to see some heads on a pike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 05:44 AM

33,932 posts, read 47,205,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post
Bingo.

They are all a bunch of F'n thieves. I just received my Suffolk County tax bill. It's a 10% increase over last year. So much for the 2% cap nonsense.

It truly surprising there hasn't been a true revolt. Then again, people are easily distracted by bread and circuses. Who's going to storm town hall when a new episode of "90 day fiance" is about to air?

I want to see some heads on a pike.
I read your post quickly and thought it said "bread and cruises"

I laughed a little, but even that may be true as well.

Distractions and shiny things keep people from worrying the real issues

Or others are like "I won't be on this Earth forever, let it be somebody else's problem." And just dont care.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-24-2019, 06:36 AM

18 posts, read 8,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I read your post quickly and thought it said "bread and cruises"

I laughed a little, but even that may be true as well.

Distractions and shiny things keep people from worrying the real issues

Or others are like "I won't be on this Earth forever, let it be somebody else's problem." And just dont care.
Sure, I can go really at the town, or I can pass the problem down to tenants. That's the beauty of it. Not my problem works well but In a few years at this pace, maybe it'll be time to do something about it.

Actually, I have no idea how nassau county people pay 20k a year just to live in that zoo of a place. The hottest neighborhoods in BK have 3k in yearly taxes on properties worth over a million.

Tldr; the increased anger will just be passed to the guy waiting in traffic behind me. I will be watching netflix while it happens.

Old 12-24-2019, 07:08 AM

3 things Nassau County can do to turn it around:

1. Plant industrial hemp to clean up the plume and bring in revenue (bioremediation)
2. Revitalize Hempstead by following the model of Westchester County cities
3. One school district, one police department, one fire department

Old 12-24-2019, 07:21 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,019,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeganT View Post

A They are all a bunch of crooks
B No one even wants half their "services"
C There unwanted "services" are a rip off

Long Island is run by thieves.
I completely agree, but nobody is talking about lowering the tax burden... they are only talking about lowering their own personal share - like grieving their own taxes YoY helps in some way. We know it doesn't. The taxes are only going up no matter what.

It's interesting that you actually mention cutting services... which is unusual in my experience when it comes to LI who want it all. That is something that would make a difference - trim the fat. There's really 2 problems, though. #1 the beast has been fed for so long that livelihoods depend on the fat / services and #2 the vast majority of the burden is completely untouchable (schools / cops + their pensions / benefits).

Old 12-24-2019, 07:24 AM

18 posts, read 8,265 times
Believe it or not, people in Long Island, NJ, WC, and NYC believe the following lies:

1. Good schools translates to "My 70IQ son will get into MIT"
2. High Taxes paid for schools translates to "Kids now in K-12 later on will stay in this "BOOMING" land/economy 20 years later and raise families here to support the neighborhood"
3. Highly paid cops deserve the pay for giving out parking tickets.
4. Long Island is for people who can "afford it". Bezos can afford to take a spaceship to the moon every day. Why doesn't he do it if he can "afford it". Hint: he isn't retarded to blow his money on useless crap even if he CAN AFFORD it. The quality of life in LI is atrocious. No private sector jobs (where is Tesla, Nvidia, Lockheed Martin, Amazon...? NOT HERE.) We just have costco

The only way to fix the problems in long island is to have someone ruling that knows their stuff, and the county people do not. The way they speak is dumbed down. The population CANNOT vote for their leaders because the population here is by enlarge, an ex-NYC crowd that does not use their brain whatsoever.

The reason why Long Island is dying is because Long Island was run poorly BUT because it wasnt crowded with cidiots a long time ago, Long Island could get away with being run poorly. Is 1k vs 2k in property tax due to being poorly run going to do any worse? No, we kicked the can down the road.

Now, the difference is 2.5k vs 15k. The can was kicked too far and the county officials will get replaced to accustom to the new crowd coming in like sheep.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:40 AM

5,291 posts, read 4,762,450 times
Quote:

1. Plant industrial hemp to clean up the plume and bring in revenue (bioremediation)
1. Lol what is it with you and weed? As of now NC (and Suffolk) is planning on restricting any sales here if the state legalizes (yes I know industrial isn’t for smoking). Not to mention NC isn’t exactly teaming with farmland lol where would this be done?

2. That would be nice but we’ve been over why this isn’t happen ad nauseum not to mention that will certainly not magically make our taxes go down.

3. Never happen not to mention it’s very questionable that this simplistic solution would really solve our tax issues regardless.

Old 12-24-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
1. Lol what is it with you and weed? As of now NC (and Suffolk) is planning on restricting any sales here if the state legalizes (yes I know industrial isn’t for smoking). Not to mention NC isn’t exactly teaming with farmland lol where would this be done?

2. That would be nice but we’ve been over why this isn’t happen ad nauseum not to mention that will certainly not magically make our taxes go down.

3. Never happen not to mention it’s very questionable that this simplistic solution would really solve our tax issues regardless.
1. Do you not know the difference between weed and industrial hemp? Clearly not. Maybe if you Google it and see that Trump legalized industrial hemp, you will wake up
2. At least I'm offering suggestions
3. Well then if you don't have a problem with paying, then just pay. And don't complain about taxes ever again.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:01 AM

1,107 posts, read 551,249 times
Quote:

I see your list and raise you one:

4. One sanitation department

Old 12-24-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
I see your list and raise you one:

4. One sanitation department
Atta boy, or atta girl!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island