Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2020, 06:23 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,322,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Lol - Fuggetaboutit !!

Funny you say that, but I think NYC was voted the rudest city in the USA, maybe that's what we like to call it "culture" ? But I'm sure you meant people on LI or around your block - I'm sure they must be very nice.

I think people, in general, want to be nice everywhere, but by the end of the day, their experience throughout the day influences their behavior (job stress/commute etc) and it's hard to be composed all the time.
I dont think that NYC people are rude. It’s simply bc they’re always rushing to get somewhere, catch that train, catch that bus ... but also heres the thing, a lot of ppl in NYC are transplants so perhaps it’s the transplants that are rude, not the natives.

LI has less transplants. I think we’re nicer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 08:20 AM

19,980 posts, read 20,683,019 times
Lol.
The entire tri state area is filled with buttholes.
At least near the coast. Like upstate Jersey, NY, etc is a little better but the metro area, including LI is probably 87% pure arrogant, selfish buttwads.

In fact, anywhere there is a large concentration of NY'ERS is terrible. We're like cultural cancer.
As a retired recording and touring artist I have been all over the country, from big cities to backwoods bars playing to 6 drunken rednecks, you can always tell someone from NY/LI/NJ even before they open their mouth with the stupid accent.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:54 PM

151 posts, read 128,970 times
Staten Islanders are the most rude, followed by Long Islanders

Old 01-31-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympicsos View Post
Staten Islanders are the most rude, followed by Long Islanders
Ban islands!

Old 01-31-2020, 02:36 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,169,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I dont think that NYC people are rude. It’s simply bc they’re always rushing to get somewhere, catch that train, catch that bus ... but also heres the thing, a lot of ppl in NYC are transplants so perhaps it’s the transplants that are rude, not the natives.

LI has less transplants. I think we’re nicer.
I worked next door to Stratton Oakmont before they shut down. Rudest, most arrogant people I've ever seen.

This isn't about being in a hurry.

Old 01-31-2020, 06:18 PM

1,773 posts, read 3,223,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I feel bad for the people in Albany.
No beaches. Must be a terrible and lifeless existence. No culture, no fun. Wonder how the pizza and bagels are? Must be good because it's still NY and NY water.
Lake George is fifty something miles up the Northway. Works for me.

Old 01-31-2020, 06:22 PM

1,773 posts, read 3,223,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
East of Orlando, the beaches are never crowded, definitely anything approaching Long Island levels. And most of the parking is free. Of course, the sharks...... Cocoa Beach, etc area. Just drive up and down A1A and every few miles there's a free lot.
I was surprised to find coral in the beaches around Cocoa. Not fun when you step on it.
Outside of Cocoa, lifeguards are rare , even where there is parking.
One thing that impressed me - clean bathroom facilities and locker rooms with showers wherever there was parking, which as you stated , was pretty frequent on A1A all the way to Sebastian Inlet. All free.
Took me some time to stop pulling my wallet out every time I entered.

Last edited by lifetimeliguy; 01-31-2020 at 06:33 PM..

Old 01-31-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
Lake George is fifty something miles up the Northway. Works for me.
But theres no beaches! Lakes don't count.
C'mon you should know this.

Old 01-31-2020, 07:55 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,322,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I worked next door to Stratton Oakmont before they shut down. Rudest, most arrogant people I've ever seen.

This isn't about being in a hurry.
Yeah but thats just the nature of that kind of job I think.

Old 02-03-2020, 08:52 AM

855 posts, read 445,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Lol.
The entire tri state area is filled with buttholes.
At least near the coast. Like upstate Jersey, NY, etc is a little better but the metro area, including LI is probably 87% pure arrogant, selfish buttwads.

In fact, anywhere there is a large concentration of NY'ERS is terrible. We're like cultural cancer.
As a retired recording and touring artist I have been all over the country, from big cities to backwoods bars playing to 6 drunken rednecks, you can always tell someone from NY/LI/NJ even before they open their mouth with the stupid accent.
Correct.

People here are generally some of the rudest in the world.

Driving is just the first example. Then the stupid excuse that they have somewhere to be. As if no one anywhere else has places to be. I have to be somewhere so I'll merge right and cut off 3 lanes while merging onto the expressway, simply because I'm an A-hole whose schedule is more important than everyone else's. I see this about 40 times a day. Or hey, I'll tailgate and then swing around and cut off a school bus because I don't know how an alarm works and can't leave 5 mins earlier.

People here, even if doing something like walking in the park are much more closed off compared to elsewhere. Most places around the world if walking past someone on a trail path they'll acknowledge you, smile, say hi, something like that. In NY they walk with blinders on as if they're filled with fear of acknowledging someone outside their sensitive little social bubble they can't step out of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island