Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 09:19 AM

3,524 posts, read 5,705,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
My entire house was sick for weeks...one kid had low grade fever for a day. I had weird symptoms in different places, but never in my lungs and no fever. A cold for 3 weeks? Never had that. Wouldn't shock me for a second if we all had it. None of us have underlying health issues. Could have spread it all over the place, who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
I think I had it in Jan after traveling. Along with countless others. Flu, throat and lung problems.

There was something nasty going around and urgent care centers were packed. Almost everyone I spoke with was sick or knew someone who was sick.

I was sick after traveling thru JFK like many others. Right around Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
My son and many other peers all had something in January also. We were actually away while he spiked his temp at 104F. We were in a hotel for a few days and he stayed in throughout, but all 4 of us were in a single room for a couple days. I even slept beside him. None of us contracted it. Couldn't have been Corona, but it was a nasty one in January.

If that was Corona, we would've seen this outbreak in exponentially-inclining numbers including deaths back then.

Or you're right, and the Chinese were right... the US started it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I traveled through JFK, came back from abroad in a place with no cases March 2. A few days later had a sore throat and congestion couldn’t get the Phlegm out of my chest. Throat got worse, got much better then got 50x worse still congested. This went on for 9 days and I was very tired throughout and felt extremely run down. Took a z pack felt like new 3 days later. Maybe I had it maybe I didn’t. I kept my kids away from grandma for 12 days just incase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
You may have had it, or just a cold. You would know if you got tested but from the sound of it, it was mild for you guys. Had you gone to get tested, it is possible you could have gotten it worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Exactly. None of us have been anywhere close to where I'd go near a hospital or walk in at this point with what is going on.
Quote:
Based on personal experience over the last week being out among nature every day, I don't buy it. Me and 1 of my kids both have bad allergies, but not reacting to anything so far.

This virus has been here in the states since at least December maybe even earlier. People had all sorts of flu like crap and kept testing negative for flu. Doctors said its viral and it will pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 09:43 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
This virus has been here in the states since at least December maybe even earlier. People had all sorts of flu like crap and kept testing negative for flu. Doctors said its viral and it will pass.
My feeling is get some people working on titers for people who were sick in December and January to see if they are immune and start collecting plasma and data for a vaccine. That's what we really need to know now - who is immune and who can help because they have that immunity. I was sick with some non specific virus in early February where I was just exhausted for 3 days and couldn't get out of bed, a week later I got the flu (had a flu test and I also had a flu vaccine). What did I have in early Feb? Who knows but it wore me down enough to get the flu. I too find it hard to believe the first case was in WA state. That was the first KNOWN case. PLENTY of people where I live go to China all the time - for work and pleasure - there are a lot of Chinese people here.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:46 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldandtireddad View Post
A while ago, A party of twenty five went to a "well known" and "fancy" Italian restaurant in
Plainview (I don't want to be slap sued so lets call this restaurant LaF) and a day later we were all puking, ****ting, and two people were hospitalized. The TOH department of health caught kitchen workers going to the bathroom and washing their hands in the food prep sink, along with the food.

Lack of sanitation on a Cruise is the same thing but concentrated and in microcosm. Bottom line is folks lack hygiene.

I posit that much of the transition is due to fecal matter and a lack of hygiene. Hand washing is totally essential.
Just read an article about Typhoid Mary and that's how she spread typhoid. She was a cook and was known for not practicing good hygiene.

Old 03-26-2020, 04:24 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
Quote:
Based on personal experience over the last week being out among nature every day, I don't buy it. Me and 1 of my kids both have bad allergies, but not reacting to anything so far.
Disagree, Doc. Usually get allergies at the end of winter but tree pollen started a few weeks earlier this year. Went to an allergist/ENT and he agreed.

Old 03-26-2020, 05:56 PM

3,524 posts, read 5,705,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Disagree, Doc. Usually get allergies at the end of winter but tree pollen started a few weeks earlier this year. Went to an allergist/ENT and he agreed.

No, the allergies are around..... I take my allergy meds and I am fine after.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:31 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
NASSAU COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COVID-19 POSITIVE TESTS*

MARCH 25, 2020
DATA ENDING 4:00PM

https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/Docum...LACE---3-25-PM

Old 03-26-2020, 07:02 PM

855 posts, read 451,452 times
Quote:
My son and many other peers all had something in January also. We were actually away while he spiked his temp at 104F. We were in a hotel for a few days and he stayed in throughout, but all 4 of us were in a single room for a couple days. I even slept beside him. None of us contracted it. Couldn't have been Corona, but it was a nasty one in January.

If that was Corona, we would've seen this outbreak in exponentially-inclining numbers including deaths back then.

Or you're right, and the Chinese were right... the US started it.
Many people who get it don't even show symptoms. Some symptoms are widely different. Incubation period is 2 weeks.

I started showing symptoms on day 3 of my stay in Florida. When I returned up here and went thru two airports again, I got hammered. My wife got sick too but different symptoms.

What if the massive flu like outbreak in Jan was a corona strain but we just weren't testing for it. So normal flu related deaths didn't get any attention. Then the global outbreak. Start testing. More and more who are sick get tested. Numbers naturally start climbing.

In Jan far more people were sick with throat/sinus/lung problems than I can ever remember. Falls in line with corona, most get thru it, only a small % require hospitalization.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:04 PM

855 posts, read 451,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
NASSAU COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH COVID-19 POSITIVE TESTS*

MARCH 25, 2020
DATA ENDING 4:00PM

https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/Docum...LACE---3-25-PM
Damn.

Hicksville numbers have shot thru the roof.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:08 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,665,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
Incubation period is 2 weeks.
The median incubation period is 5-6 days (50% of patients started to show symptoms from before day 5-6), 14 days is when 99% of patients had already shown symptoms.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:18 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
So I must be immune then...

Actually a few of my kids' teammates back in January did get tested... and came back positive for the flu. We only had half a team healthy to play in a tournament while some kids just sat the bench fatigued. Amazingly none of the parents caught it through all that time. Corona is highly contagious...

Last edited by ovi8; 03-26-2020 at 09:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island