Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2020, 08:43 AM

3,512 posts, read 5,695,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
For all those in need, therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists are working via Zoom. Together you will make it out of this oppressive time!!

Those are for people want help. Cant make someone get help. The people who want help can get it, the ones who dont are going to unfortunately make the ultimate choice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I definitely understand that

A lot of us are missing that certain aspect of our lives

I'm still working and taking the subway (thankfully)

I'm in good health and have been doing a good job so far of keeping myself clean

So even if I were to catch it, statistics show I am most likely to get mild symptoms and recover

However, I couldn't live with myself if I were to inadvertently pass it to somebody with poor health, or elderly

So yeah, for now I'll continue to take precaution

yes precaution......

But there are those set of people (a lot apparentely) that have not left their house since march. this is not healthy either. And i've heard on social media a whole set of people who havent even gone to their yard or get the mail, they have not literally left their house. This is not good.

Old 05-04-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwsteg View Post
In my opinion, anyone who qualified and deposited a stimulus check has no right to complain about reopening the state.

I havent even gotten mine yet.

If you are unemployed and havent been able to get unemployment yet, the $1200 is meaningless, esp in high COL areas

Old 05-04-2020, 09:00 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,874,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
The poll on the other thread is equal ... half of the ppl agree with me.
You really have to stop using that as proof of anything. Trump won the election because "over half" of our population wanted him. And he's been doing such a bang-up job right now and from the beginning right? He's had his chances, and what a joke that has been.

The sole reason for the poll was to gauge where people leaned in an easy-to-follow chart, not what should actually be done. Common sense shall hopefully prevail this time. Because last time half the people willingly voted in a self-promoting, egotistical, and immature human to be a leader and President thinking he will actually get things done, that surprisingly didn't work out so well! Let's think things through this time...

Last edited by ovi8; 05-04-2020 at 09:15 AM..

Old 05-04-2020, 09:04 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,364,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
You really have to stop using that as proof of anything. Trump won the election because "over half" of our population wanted him. And he's been doing such a bang-up job right now and from the beginning right? What a joke that has been.

The sole reason for the poll was to gauge where people leaned in an easy-to-follow chart, not what should actually be done. Common sense shall hopefully prevail this time.
Ppl are flooding beaches, parks, lowes etc. that speaks to what the ppl want. Its nice out. No one wants to be stuck inside ... do u?

Old 05-04-2020, 09:18 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,874,132 times
Quote:
Ppl are flooding beaches, parks, lowes etc. that speaks to what the ppl want. Its nice out. No one wants to be stuck inside ... do u?
People being out and getting fresh air is not banned. It's great that they're out. Whether they're being smart about it regardless of any rules is another thing. Should we call things open, the outright disregard for spreading disease will be off the charts (look at it now). Is that what you want?

Old 05-04-2020, 09:47 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,364,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
People being out and getting fresh air is not banned. It's great that they're out. Whether they're being smart about it regardless of any rules is another thing. Should we call things open, the outright disregard for spreading disease will be off the charts (look at it now). Is that what you want?
Everything is down for #’s in NY. Death count is @ lowest it’s been since the apex @ 226. Thats too many deaths yes but @ this point it looks like Cuomo is waiting til we get to zero ... i dont want a spike in this thing. I also dont want this stay at home to go on for months either.

Open restaurants with outdoor areas. CT will be doing that 5/20. I’m not saying we jump back into life at complete normalcy but we can start to open some things. NY is moving @ a snails pace. We need to get some things moving ... ppl have a right to work.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:08 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,229,731 times
Quote:
Everything is down for #’s in NY. Death count is @ lowest it’s been since the apex @ 226. Thats too many deaths yes but @ this point it looks like Cuomo is waiting til we get to zero ... i dont want a spike in this thing. I also dont want this stay at home to go on for months either.

Open restaurants with outdoor areas. CT will be doing that 5/20. I’m not saying we jump back into life at complete normalcy but we can start to open some things. NY is moving @ a snails pace. We need to get some things moving ... ppl have a right to work.
Personally I’m happy NY is remaining closed and GA has opened up. In a few weeks we can look at the curves for each and see if it was worth it and which approach was better.

I still won’t be going to a restaurant anytime soon but I ordered pick up from my favorite local place over the weekend and was thrilled to get my hair cut this morning. My wife got a mani-pedi yesterday as well. A lot of precautions are in place that while not making it zero risk really make it low risk - lower than going to the grocery stores.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:16 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,008 times
Seen on facebook

● First of all, I wear a mask in public, not for me, but for YOU.
● I want you to know that I am educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.
● No, I don’t “live in fear” of the virus; I just want to be a part of the solution, not the problem.
● I don’t feel like the “government is controlling me;” I feel like I’m being a contributing adult to society and I want to teach others the same.
● The world doesn’t revolve around me. It’s not all about me and my comfort.
● If we all could live with other people's consideration in mind, this whole world would be a much better place.
● Wearing a mask doesn’t make me weak, scared, stupid, or even “controlled.” It makes me considerate.
● When you think about how you look, how uncomfortable it is, or what others think of you, just imagine someone close to you - a father, a mother, grandparent, aunt, or uncle - choking on a respirator.
● Ask yourself if you could have sucked it up a little for them.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:18 AM

20,924 posts, read 28,393,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Personally I’m happy NY is remaining closed and GA has opened up. In a few weeks we can look at the curves for each and see if it was worth it and which approach was better.

I still won’t be going to a restaurant anytime soon but I ordered pick up from my favorite local place over the weekend and was thrilled to get my hair cut this morning. My wife got a mani-pedi yesterday as well. A lot of precautions are in place that while not making it zero risk really make it low risk - lower than going to the grocery stores.
where are you that you were able to get a haircut and wife a mani-pedi. I am in need of both. I will assume it's not NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island