Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,709 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, sorry if I posted incorrectly, this is my first post on here ever~
Over the last few months I have become interested in Nassau County real estate. I am in my early 20's and thinking of investing in a house in Levittown, Wantagh or possibly Seaford or Bellmore in the near future. To be honest I am just absolutely confused about the zoning for the school districts for Wantagh and Levittown. Levittown has Island Trees, Levittown Union and shares Macarthur with parts of Wantagh? Wantagh also has their own school district as well too correct? I find it very confusing as Wantagh is a lot smaller than the surrounding towns and has two districts allegedly? Wantagh has about 18k people with two school districts and Farmingdale district combines Farmingdale, South Farmingdale and parts of Massapequa and jams into one district? Are Levittown and Wantagh districts all good? Sorry for all my questions, but could someone clear this up for me please? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 09:57 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,235,091 times
When you say “investing” do you mean to rent out, or live in?

Old 04-23-2020, 10:19 AM

1,386 posts, read 5,345,121 times
All are degrees of good. I don't think anything you listed anyone would say is "bad." Some may be more desirable than others.

Wantagh school district is considered to be more desirable than levittown school district.

if you're buying a house, its likely better to think of areas in terms of school districts first before town names. From a pricing perspective, that is generally how its grouped. Wantagh with Levittown schools is more similar to Levittown than Wantagh from a RE perspective. There are subsections within a town which are different and may be more desirable or expensive or less desirable or less expensive as well. A lot of those areas are more aligned with the elementary schools. For instance, Wantagh has Wantagh Woods, Forest Lake, and Mandalay. Housing styles and features can be different between those areas too.

I bought a house in Wantagh at 25. Although I like the town, area etc, buying a house early on LI is not something I recommend. It costs a ton, transaction costs, taxes etc. A lot of upkeep, and what I could afford didn't allow for much growth. timing worked against me too and I spent and lost a lot of money.

Old 04-23-2020, 06:20 PM

376 posts, read 310,291 times
If you’re looking to rent, please move to Suffolk.

Levittown has Island trees, Division and MacArthur. Island trees is a very small school district (more family oriented where most parents know each other).

North Wantagh is zoned to MacArthur and the houses are levit style ranches. South Wantagh is more expensive. But Levittown and wantagh is basically the same, both good areas with good school districts. Residents in both towns usually shop in the same areas, shopping centers, etc.

However if you’re looking to rent illegally, please don’t. I will report you to the town.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:15 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,757,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwsteg View Post
However if you’re looking to rent illegally, please don’t. I will report you to the town.
bahahahahahah

Old 04-23-2020, 07:22 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,326,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwsteg View Post
If you’re looking to rent, please move to Suffolk.

Levittown has Island trees, Division and MacArthur. Island trees is a very small school district (more family oriented where most parents know each other).

North Wantagh is zoned to MacArthur and the houses are levit style ranches. South Wantagh is more expensive. But Levittown and wantagh is basically the same, both good areas with good school districts. Residents in both towns usually shop in the same areas, shopping centers, etc.

Move to real suffolk we don’t want illegal renters in fake suffolk.

Old 04-26-2020, 06:59 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,832,743 times
You're confused because you think that the town, post office, fire district and school district share the same boundaries - they do not. This should be considered the rule in all of Nassau and Suffolk counties. Disregard what the address is listed as in any real estate advertising if you're looking for a specific school district, in most cases that is the post office and sometimes that is incorrect.

Google the school district and check their website for an accurate map of the district boundaries. For the Wantagh - Levittown area the one simple rule to remember is anything south of Jerusalem Avenue is Wantagh SD, north is Levittown SD.

Zoning is not a term used on Long Island to determine the district. Some may use that term within a district to determine school assignments but they are rarely set in stone. MacArthur is a school in Levittown, not a district. Island Trees is a separate district. I believe the Wantagh Fire Department has four firehouses, only one of which is in the Wantagh school district. I had a relative who had a Seaford address, was in the Plainedge school district and the North Massapequa Fire District in the Town of Oyster Bay and I believe they were served by the Bethpage Water District. Look for what you're trying to find using the postal address only to find a location then use the entity you're interested in to determine their boundaries.

Generally speaking, schools in Bellmore, Wantagh and Seaford are more desirable than those in the Levittown district.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:00 AM

121 posts, read 165,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisk327 View Post
For instance, Wantagh has Wantagh Woods, Forest Lake, and Mandalay.
Is Wantagh Woods the old Beech Street Elementary school?

Old 04-26-2020, 09:01 AM

376 posts, read 310,291 times
Part of plainedge/Seaford is island trees district. . MacArthur usually ranks higher than both Wantagh and Bellmore. And I personally don’t find nothing attractive about the school district, let alone the town.

I personally rank south Wantagh/Seaford/Plainedge above Levittown/N wantagh, bellmore

Old 04-26-2020, 11:15 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,832,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Dave View Post
Is Wantagh Woods the old Beech Street Elementary school?
The name of the elementary school on Beech Street is the Wantagh School.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island