Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 10:42 AM

86 posts, read 168,572 times

Advertisements

I'm in my 60s with pre-existing conditions and also shopping for my 70 year old sister and her husband who have bad lung issues. A couple times I've driven by the BJs near me and seen big lines so I was happy when I found out that they do delivery through Instacart and so does Costco. Has anyone ordered and have any feedback, comments, warnings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 11:07 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,234,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lister View Post
I'm in my 60s with pre-existing conditions and also shopping for my 70 year old sister and her husband who have bad lung issues. A couple times I've driven by the BJs near me and seen big lines so I was happy when I found out that they do delivery through Instacart and so does Costco. Has anyone ordered and have any feedback, comments, warnings?
tried it a few weeks ago , the delivery dates for Costco were about ten days out, and the prices were significantly higher, so decided against it.
My wife went to Costco in Commack, she was impressed with the hygiene and how orderly it was. She got there a half hour before opening, and only had to wait 30 minutes to get in.
We found Target app helpful, they deliver to your car in the parking lot. Good for some essentials, but you cannot get milk/bread/meats.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:06 AM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Asking a neighbor an option? I shop for some of my neighbors without hesitation. We are all in this together

Old 05-03-2020, 10:46 AM

655 posts, read 1,059,675 times
The markup on Instacart at Costco per item is crazy and then they add on their fees.
You may end up paying upwards of 50% extra.
And someone I know who does it avoids produce (I assume the Instacarter picks up the first berry or mushroom package they see and isn't examining for quality).

Old 05-08-2020, 09:13 AM

86 posts, read 168,572 times
Thanks all for the feedback. We decided to give BJs a try, their Instacart delivery fee is $14.99 but they are doing regular pricing. I should look to see if there are other fees.
My sister in law went crazy on the site and ordered 18 items and I have 12 myself already. Will post again when the order arrives tomorrow.

Order lead time is good, some same day spots are available and a lot of next day spots.

Old 05-09-2020, 05:12 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
Get the BJs coupon book. It will save you money. They even have it set up where you add the digital coupon to your card and it’s applied when you check out. Easy peasy!!

Old 05-25-2020, 09:27 AM

25 posts, read 18,501 times
I've been a Costco member for years. They have special early hours if your over 60 - you need to check days and times. I recently joined BJs because of big lines at Costco. BJ's has order in advance, park at designated areas in lot, and they will bring order to your car. You must have the BJs App to do this. Costco and BJs have different online products then what is in Store. I don't love BJs but it is good for now and then to pick up some needed products and you don't have to go into the store if you don't want too.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:10 AM

20,926 posts, read 28,393,733 times
My mom has ans she said it's pretty good, she also uses pea-pod and Best Market has a delivery service too.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 1,051 times
I live in Suffolk County and I used Instacart for BJ's and my brother for Costco. We bought the 1 month premium on Instacart for $10 and within the month we ordered 3 times. It worked out very well. With the monthly premium account, there weren't any extra delivery fees and we received the order the same day or the next day. One of the orders we received 2 hours after. Very quick, excellent shoppers. I recommend. Of course, Instacart does charge more for the items than Costco or BJs themselves, but I didn't have to go out, or wait on a line. My parents are both extremely fanatical about social distancing so it worked out for the best for us.

Old 06-17-2020, 03:23 PM

717 posts, read 618,722 times
Has anyone figured out how much insta cart is charging in all there fees and commissions say on a $200 costco bill. It seems like it adds up real fast on that app.

Does it come out to an extra $100 or $200 bucks on top of the regular bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island