Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2020, 09:13 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,329,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
My coworkers doctor called her and asked if she wanted antibody test. She’s like you want me to come there and get that test? Young girl lives alone hasn’t been out at all. She’s like “nah I’m good” (half her family in NY has Corona though)
I have a well visit end of June. They asked me if I wanted antibody test, my insurance will cover it. I told them I don’t need to be in a Gov database.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:19 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
That prison term was his 5th conviction. Doesn’t excuse the police actions but he was hardly a “gentle giant” as some people have portrayed him.
Yeah I'm not caring whether he was a gentle giant. I care that someone leaned all their weight on an already-subdued human's neck and thought nothing of it. Life sentence for him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
But we’ve been told over and over by doctors and scientists that masks and social distancing works. You don’t believe that? Lol, you’re a joke. Now you’re too scared to go get a test?
The way you start that sentence says that you're a non-believer. So why are you calling anyone out on it? And second, it's not "scared"... it's why risk it. The word is caution, not fear, not scared, etc. I had to go into an urgent care for my kid for a head laceration. I for sure didn't want to be there but had to. Now you're asking those who have zero reason to be there, to be there?

Old 05-31-2020, 10:52 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Losing their jobs perhaps?
It appears that you guessed wrong, the person who posted that defined who they were talking about in post #851

Quote:
No, I'm talking about those that refuse to go out at all and keep clamoring for things to remain locked down.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:53 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
I've been holed up for 10 weeks except for essential stuff and helping others. WHY should I have to go to an URGENT CARE to get a WELL test (antibodies)? That is completely daft and ridiculous. There are rapid stick, home test that take minutes (or the results are posted to a secure web site). We just don't have any. I'm not going to the one rite aid on LI's drive through for a test, again, in line with actively SICK people picking up prescriptions. Sure. Sounds like a plan.
It really wasn't bad except for the results. Five minute wait in the hallway, a small amount of blood drawn and a phone call four days later. If you're in Westchester I'll DM you the phone number.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:03 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It really wasn't bad except for the results. Five minute wait in the hallway, a small amount of blood drawn and a phone call four days later. If you're in Westchester I'll DM you the phone number.
This is the LI forum.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:06 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Again, go to a SICK visit to get a WELL test?! That is idiotic. Show me some links. We are wayyy behind on antibody tests and are only using FDA approved ones by MEDICAL appt. I think you are both missing the point...by a lot.
Who said anything about a sick visit!? I was there for my annual check up! When the Dr was prescribing my yearly blood test he casually asked if I wanted an antibody test too. My BIL told me today he got one at city md in minutes as a walk in with no appointment! And I mean the antibody test.

Last edited by peconic117; 05-31-2020 at 05:15 PM..

Old 05-31-2020, 05:11 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I have a well visit end of June. They asked me if I wanted antibody test, my insurance will cover it. I told them I don’t need to be in a Gov database.
Lol you totally do get put in a GOV database. After I got my positive results for COVID I got follow up calls from both the Nassau county and state DOH a few weeks later to see if I recovered and make sure I was quarantining myself. Pretty crazy.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:01 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
This is the LI forum.
I know but I post in it and my connections with LI are my father-in-law's second and modest beach house, and my late father's coming from Cedarhurst. And where my dentist lives. My dad did not have kind things to say about Long Island. His direction at the close of the Korean War was that his blind dates be from Westchester, Riverdale or Manhattan.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:28 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
But we’ve been told over and over by doctors and scientists that masks and social distancing works. You don’t believe that? Lol, you’re a joke. Now you’re too scared to go get a test?
wtf are you talking about? I use it all. Of course masks and social distancing work. Would take a real special kind of stupid to not see that by now. I'd wear a space suit full time if I could. I've been germ averse and social distancing from humans my whole life. I'd rather not share oxygen with most people. But I still manage not to hate them and live and let live, imagine that. And I don't cry over lost mani-pedis or wearing a mask. Whoop dee freakin doo. Many people with bigger problems than wearing a mask. Arrogant schmucks abound, though, particularly the arm chair epidemiologists and freelance urban planners in this thread. Typical.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 06-01-2020 at 04:45 AM..

Old 06-01-2020, 04:43 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Who said anything about a sick visit!? I was there for my annual check up! When the Dr was prescribing my yearly blood test he casually asked if I wanted an antibody test too. My BIL told me today he got one at city md in minutes as a walk in with no appointment! And I mean the antibody test.
Sounds more like lucky timing than a testing protocol. lol

I use CityMD regularly. The one by me is packed by 9:05. I wouldn't be caught dead near there without a reason right now. "Sick line on the left, well line on the right!" INSIDE!! lmfao. Yeah, righteous science!! lol I don't even want to take my dog to the vet right now. I'm good laying low, working remotely, picking some stocks for fun and watching the world burn. I've waited all my life for this. I'm not going to blow it now by dying from some stupid fancy killer cold!

Last edited by monstermagnet; 06-01-2020 at 05:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island