Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 06:08 AM

6,409 posts, read 3,125,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Agree 100%. Total BS what's going on.

And BTW, no politician is handling this well. NONE.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Totally agree. Trump has screwed up plenty, you have flat out crazies like Whitmer in MI, and Cuomo was the “savior” who could do no wrong (according to the media) until the nursing home debacle came to light.
"Trump has screwed up plenty"......OK, we have the usual Trump criticism, but consider this, how many previous Presidents have faced such a situation like this??? Trump, as well as any other who might have been in his place, is operating in uncharted territory. You want to get political? OK, how would you like it if the woman, when discussing the deaths of 4 American diplomats in a foreign country, made the comment, "What difference does it make", was the one in charge? Would you want someone with that kind of disdain for other human beings, making decisions that would directly affect your health and welfare??

And Cuomo?? He helped run the state's economy into the ground, with fiscal mis-management BEFORE the "fit hit the shan", and is now crying like a little girl, expecting the Federal Government to bail him out......FURTHERMORE, where does he thing the Federal Government gets it's money??? It comes from the taxpayers, who else?? It's just that with a Federal bail-out, it comes from one of the taxpayer's other pockets.

And on top of that, Cuomo cried about how under prepared NYC was, to deal with the crisis. Yes, that was true, but so was everyone else. Again, this was uncharted territory for THE ENTIRE WORLD. Trump got a military hospital to NYC in record time, even having to dredge the harbor, in order for the ship to be able to dock, AND WHAT HAPPENED??? The ship, fully staffed, and capable of handling two THOUSAND patients, was used by just two HUNDRED. Imagine what THAT cost the taxpayers.....yet Cuomo still whines.

The nursing home debacle was entirely on Cuomo's shoulders, and a totally bone-headed move. Nothing else need to be said, except for prayers for the dead, and condolences to their families............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 06:09 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
Yup. Deblasio is saying we are looking at min June for the city to start opening back up. And who knows it might be longer now due what they are seeing in some infected kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwsteg View Post
Correct. But it still follows and opens in phases. So considering that we’re already in mid May, I don’t see non essential retail stores opening up until at least June.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:15 AM

20,094 posts, read 8,995,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
So all along Cuomo says he is not going to be pressured to reopen too soon.

Seems like that's exactly what happened.
He caved to pressure knowing full well - most of NY is not ready - only 3 rural counties upstate are ready.

Why not just say those 3 counties are unpaused but the rest of NY remains paused.

Imagine someone getting on the Hempstead, Elmont, Glen Cove LIRR having to go to work in NYC?
Someone who was really careful, observed protocols - managed to keep themself and their family safe - now being thrust back into a train going through local areas that are filled with a high concentration of carriers - then weaving their way through Penn Station - subway platform crowds - through and around homeless panhandlers - and now they arrive in a public building where social distancing is not happening. Complain about your boss and loss your job during an economic downturn? Or struggle to breath in an uncomfortable mask all day long which is fogging up your glasses because the State is now reopen and you were called back to work no matter the commute, the building, the type of people you work with or anything else?

Diblasio says no. Curran says no. Murphy says no. They say June - maybe the end of June. But now employers have a statewide green light from Cuomo anyway - so can you be fired if you refuse to go back just yet?

What a damn mess. Already people from downstate are planning to visit their friends and family upstate.

Seems like Cuomo caved under the pressure and pulled a Trump - this coronavirus is no longer my concern. It is bad for public relations and I am making too many people upset no matter what decision I make. I'm done governing. I'm leaving the specifics of keeping your constituents safe up to the County Executives nd Mayors of each region within the State. I'm out of it. Going golfing now. My job is done. Good luck to you all. Hope you handle it properly. By Bye.

Hospital rate and intubations - all in a downward trajectory. What does that mean, exactly? Well - hospitals are no longer intubating Covid19 patients as a standard operating practice because they learned it doesn't help - it hurts and patients die. Northwell had a huge number of early deaths because well.... So if patients don't need to be on those ventilators - we made a treatment mistake early on - most will no longer have to be admitted to the hospital because there isn't much we can do but monitor and that can be done at home. SOOOOO of course - hospital admissions and intubations rates are DOWN.

Deaths are down. Well, they figured out ventilating patients was hurting more then helping and they've discovered better ways of treatment. And Northwell still has over 1000 covid patients admitted as do all the rest of the hospitals in the county, and the city have current admissions.

So where are all the thousands of covid positive people that are still surfacing on a daily basis? Out there. Waiting for you and me to wait on them, sit next to them, talk to them. The infection rate of spread slowed but it is still unacceptably high and there are still far too many people out there who never accepted any of the protocols - whole infested neighborhoods of people who even with Pause in place - did whatever they wanted. At least Pause gave pause to people to observe protocols but with a green light from the State's Capitol and beautiful weather coming in- those marginal people are going to go full force ahead taking it as a sign all danger is over and it is business as usual.

It isn't the smart people who do the smart thing all along who needed Pause. It is the OTHERS who are dangerous that needed the Government to babysit them.

Hopefully at least the cops will be told in no uncertain terms - if people are NOT social distancing or wearing masks - to issue those $1000 fines. Especially for people commuting on mass transit, working in public buildings with members of the public and pushed back into a viral infested workforce sooner then common sense dictates. Maybe a $1000 ticket or two or three will help keep those too stupid to act smartly in line and properly paused.
you sound triggered, stay home if you don't want to go back to work

Old 05-12-2020, 06:20 AM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Yup. Deblasio is saying we are looking at min June for the city to start opening back up. And who knows it might be longer now due what they are seeing in some infected kids.

Nothing in phase 1 that has anything to do with children

the kids part almost seems like how do we put fear back in people again part 3

Old 05-12-2020, 06:21 AM

29 posts, read 17,138 times
Lol it’s 5-14 days to show signs of the China virus , and the country of China wasn’t letting our people in that county of China to see what was going on. Over 1,000 people a week leave from that part of their country to go all around the world. Within in 3 days of that virus infecting people it was already leaving the country. To to blame any country or leaders other then China is child play. Some people never sho signs. And like the guy in upstate who was a Super spreader that infested hundreds of people. How does one stop that. I know I just say orange man bad he’s bad man.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:24 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
Yeah that’s my point. I can see the set up to extend it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Nothing in phase 1 that has anything to do with children

the kids part almost seems like how do we put fear back in people again part 3

Old 05-12-2020, 06:32 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
That "new" infection in kids is total BS. Its been around forever. LETS BLAME EVERYTHING on corona. Im so done with BS.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:41 AM

3,514 posts, read 5,696,476 times
Quote:
That "new" infection in kids is total BS. Its been around forever. LETS BLAME EVERYTHING on corona. Im so done with BS.

my wife had kawasakis when she was a kid 40+ years ago. its not that uncommon 20000 cases a year

Old 05-12-2020, 06:47 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,366,510 times
Quote:
Yes.

Kawasaki has always existed. It isn’t new or related to Coronavirus.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:01 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,066 times
Next up on News12....All new cancer cancer cases, originated from corona.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island