Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 05:32 AM

430 posts, read 557,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I’m not stopping my life for a virus.

I will continue to go to bars, restaurants, hair, nail salons etc just like I did before
About 50% of the population feel this way now (myself included). As time goes on things will get closer to normal and the fear of the virus will fade from memory. Specific owners may lose their bars, but as demand come back, there will be investors ready to re-open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 05:58 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Plot twist: A whole bunch of people get sick (as has been happening across the world in places that re open) forcing the economy to close for even longer and more places eventually go out of business.

Old 05-17-2020, 06:24 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Plot twist: A whole bunch of people get sick (as has been happening across the world in places that re open) forcing the economy to close for even longer and more places eventually go out of business.
Plot twist: we stay closed. More ppl commit suicide. Food banks run of food. Ppl foreclose on their houses. No one can pay bills ...

The reality is this is currently happening and will continue to get worse.

A short amount of time being open is better than not being open at all. At least it brings in some money for ppl. If we have to go back to this, oh well. We cant stay closed forever. There’s going to be some risk with this.

And there are places that have re-opened that have not seen spikes

Old 05-17-2020, 06:47 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,329,659 times
Yesterday in the city people where at bars getting takeout drinks and hanging out in the streets drinking them. Quarantine is over. Beaches are crowded, northport was busy yesterday. Gov DickTator is sitting back bankrupting families because small business isn’t essential

Old 05-17-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Yesterday in the city people where at bars getting takeout drinks and hanging out in the streets drinking them. Quarantine is over. Beaches are crowded, northport was busy yesterday. Gov DickTator is sitting back bankrupting families because small business isn’t essential
Lowes, beaches, home depot ... so crowded.

You’re right. No one cares anymore.

Ppl will go out where they can & visit other states whether there’s an official order or not.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:11 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,329,659 times
Quote:
Lowes, beaches, home depot ... so crowded.

You’re right. No one cares anymore.

Ppl will go out where they can & visit other states whether there’s an official order or not.
I was at hd and Lowe’s yesterday. I didn’t buy mulch and a hose on purpose . I’m going back in an hour. When they have sales starting Tuesday I’m going back again to buy a lawn mower. I realize I can do my own lawn save $1200 a year and get away from my family for 90 min a week March - oct. I thank lockdown for this.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I was at hd and Lowe’s yesterday. I didn’t buy mulch and a hose on purpose . I’m going back in an hour. When they have sales starting Tuesday I’m going back again to buy a lawn mower. I realize I can do my own lawn save $1200 a year and get away from my family for 90 min a week March - oct. I thank lockdown for this.
I literally go to Lowes 5 times a week just to get out of my house!!! I buy nothing. I just go to go.

It’s busier now than it was before all this.

I can go to a crowded place like Lowes but not a hair salon where it’s just me & the stylist. Unreal.

Old 05-17-2020, 10:34 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
I'm over clubs, bars and restaurants. I have no desire to be breathing in the air of Trump supporters. (Joking). But I will tell you this. After losing a close friend (who was not old) to covid I don't take this a joke. I think everyone should make their own choices but stay 10 feet away from me. Your freedoms don't include walking up to my face to tell me what a fool I am for wearing a mask and gloves. Enjoy your haircut and pedi

Old 05-17-2020, 12:16 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
I literally go to Lowes 5 times a week just to get out of my house!!! I buy nothing. I just go to go.

It’s busier now than it was before all this.

I can go to a crowded place like Lowes but not a hair salon where it’s just me & the stylist. Unreal.
That sounds so.....pathetic. Walking around a crowded store 5 times a week with no intention of buying anything just to get out of your house? Walk outside, go to a park or beach instead.

Old 05-17-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
That sounds so.....pathetic. Walking around a crowded store 5 times a week with no intention of buying anything just to get out of your house? Walk outside, go to a park or beach instead.
I do those things. It’s not enough. I like being at Lowe’s. They have a lot of nice garden things. I buy sometimes.

Beaches are only allowing certain amounts of ppl into the parking lots.

I enjoy being @ Lowe’s for some strange reason, but i am getting some good renovation ideas. Plus Chopt Salad is up that way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island