Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 08:37 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the need to prove that you are tougher than covid by approaching me and talking into my face. Make fun of me wearing a mask 10 feet away. Yes. I'm a dork. I'm wearing a mask and gloves. Fine. Point and laugh. Don't come breath on me. I don't walk up in your face laughing at you for your goofy maga hat so leave me alone..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 02:01 AM

5,054 posts, read 3,956,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
What does Kathy griffin have to do with a large group of conspiracy theorists?
Wasn’t she a fully supportive member of the Russia Collusion Conspiracy Theorists?

Old 05-18-2020, 04:14 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Fake weather-Down with Rich Hoffman! Fake Traffic Report-Down with Elisa DiStefano!
The only thing fake is Hoffman’s hair.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:04 AM

3,524 posts, read 5,703,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What is wrong with these protestors going after a news reporter, what is wrong with a president that supports this behavior. Why is it so difficult for Bellone and Zeldin to criticize this type of behavior.

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...-12-1.44696404

this goes back to the 1st protest where the same reporter only went after the people not wearing masks and angled the first story as people who wanted haircuts and not social distancing.

He did it to himself...... They didnt tell a fair and balanced story the first time. News 12 should have sent a different reporter and/or showed the whole story

Old 05-18-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
What I don't get is...they are protesting to raise awareness of their cause...and get mad when news cameras show up to film it and...make more people aware of their cause. I seriously doubt the reporter riled them up first. Just his presence got them riled up because they have been trained to hate the media. News 12 is fake news? Really? They don't really do commentary...they just...report what happened locally. That's fake? The bagel store did not open? The farm stand Doug Geed visited really does not exist? The Islanders didn't lose last night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I meant verbally attacking him, not sure why that was necessary for such a small outlet just reporting the news.

First protest the story from the same reporter was slanted against the protestors and only showed "no masks", no social distancing side.

People were upset at that.

Either tell all the sides or News 12 should send a diff reporter

Old 05-18-2020, 07:15 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
I can understand if protesters were harassing CNN.

But News12 is like one step above High school journalism, and they seem relatively neutral and just report straight boring local news.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
I can understand if protesters were harassing CNN.

But News12 is like one step above High school journalism, and they seem relatively neutral and just report straight boring local news.

From from neutral... what you didnt see what was happening off camera that news 12 didnt show. there are phone videos from both protest showing vesey being a little .......

Old 05-18-2020, 07:28 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,407,821 times
News today, is always one sided.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:12 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
From from neutral... what you didnt see what was happening off camera that news 12 didnt show. there are phone videos from both protest showing vesey being a little .......
Keep reaching. Everyone and their grandma saw Vesey get harassed by jag offs. Morons looking for attention, then attacking the press (ie attention delivery system). "Stupid is as stupid does, Forrest." I'm sure (will bet dollars to donuts) more than 1 of the patriots CALLED News 12 to make sure they got coverage. lmfao

Old 05-18-2020, 08:16 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
News today, is always one sided.
Not really. Some just choose to follow one source. The one that makes them feel vindicated and gives them a warm fuzzy that their "hunches" were indeed exactly correct! Watch business news, you'll see completely different reporting than the lib v con/con v lib moron creation machine news. 24/7 content whores fighting for clicks while herding the gullible rubes into team R or team D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island