Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 02:07 AM

65 posts, read 43,588 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys! I am making my very first big investment and this is my first home purchase. I know entire Long Island’s Tap water is Polluted with cancerous substances, but I wanted to know is the area affected by Bethpage Plume? I tried to do so much research from past couple of days and cannot find anything stating that it is affected. The only news article I seen was dating back 2016, which says that the Hicksville isn’t affected from the plume -> https://patch.com/new-york/plainview...er-our-water-0

I will definitely be using 5 gallon Poland spring bottled water For drinking and cooking, but is the tap water safe for bathing, brushing teeth, and etc. I know there was a recent 1,4-Dioxane contamination in tap water, which the Hicksville district is currently taking care of it from the recent Gov Cuomo bill. My new house is located by Marvin Ave and S Broadway which is slightly touching the plume according to the plume map. How can I check where my water supply is coming from? And is there any whole house filter system I can use to remove the cancerous contaminates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 08:13 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,329,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halokillzone23 View Post
Hi Guys! I am making my very first big investment and this is my first home purchase. I know entire Long Island’s Tap water is Polluted with cancerous substances, but I wanted to know is the area affected by Bethpage Plume? I tried to do so much research from past couple of days and cannot find anything stating that it is affected. The only news article I seen was dating back 2016, which says that the Hicksville isn’t affected from the plume -> https://patch.com/new-york/plainview...er-our-water-0

I will definitely be using 5 gallon Poland spring bottled water For drinking and cooking, but is the tap water safe for bathing, brushing teeth, and etc. I know there was a recent 1,4-Dioxane contamination in tap water, which the Hicksville district is currently taking care of it from the recent Gov Cuomo bill. My new house is located by Marvin Ave and S Broadway which is slightly touching the plume according to the plume map. How can I check where my water supply is coming from? And is there any whole house filter system I can use to remove the cancerous contaminates?
That's Hicksville water district, Hicksville Water District. The plume mainly went south towards plainedge etc. It did extend to the ares around the Hicksville LIRR. My mom used to work for a woman in Bethpage, she drank, cooked and showered in the water and lived to 96!

Old 05-26-2020, 08:48 AM

783 posts, read 1,423,541 times
The Hicksville water district should have a map of where all the water wells are located. I don't think anyone drinks tap water on LI.

Old 05-26-2020, 09:30 AM

874 posts, read 728,753 times
hicksville is right in the plume, you need to get as far away from long island that you can. NYC post corona virus is not a place to raise a family, NY is pretty much contaminated and its over all bad for your heath to live here.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
hicksville is right in the plume, you need to get as far away from long island that you can. NYC post corona virus is not a place to raise a family, NY is pretty much contaminated and its over all bad for your heath to live here.
But looking at the plume map it is showing slightly touching Hicksville and the water well is avoiding the plume :/

Old 05-26-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMing View Post
The Hicksville water district should have a map of where all the water wells are located. I don't think anyone drinks tap water on LI.
Is the water safe to take baths and brushing teeth? I am 100% sure I’ll drink water through water bottles for sure.

Old 05-26-2020, 12:20 PM

I grew up in Hicksville. Still ticking. You are going to get a wide range of opinion about the water from it's toxic to the best tap water I ever drank. Do what makes you comfortable living in your new home. Bethpage won best tasting water in NY like in 2006. LOL.

Old 05-26-2020, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I grew up in Hicksville. Still ticking. You are going to get a wide range of opinion about the water from it's toxic to the best tap water I ever drank. Do what makes you comfortable living in your new home. Bethpage won best tasting water in NY like in 2006. LOL.
Yeah I understand lol but still I will buy bunch of 5 gallons Poland spring water each month and use it for drinking and cooking. I really want to take precaution since I do not want my family getting any sort of cancer in the future. Is there any sort of filter you would recommend me to buy for bathing or brushing teeth?

Old 05-26-2020, 01:41 PM

I personally don't have a home water filtration system but here are some systems people in my town have installed.

Aqua iQ - aquaiq.com
LICWS - licleanwater.com
ECOsmarte - ecosmarte.com

Old 05-26-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I personally don't have a home water filtration system but here are some systems people in my town have installed.

Aqua iQ - aquaiq.com
LICWS - licleanwater.com
ECOsmarte - ecosmarte.com
Awesome thanks I’ll definitely check those out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island