Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 07:54 PM

316 posts, read 195,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I am all for the government coming in. I wish Trump would send in the tanks. It is absolutely clear that NY cannot protect its self. We have a bunch of pansies running things. So, by letting these idiots destroy our city, the president has no choice but to take action and put matter in his own hands. GO TRUMP! He needs to not listen to or care what the delicate flowers want.
I would give you more reps if I could
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2020, 10:22 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,175,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Long Island: Land of the scaredy-cat cry babies. Get your guns, the colored folk want some equity!!
Does this mean we can finally get rid of affirmative action? It would be nice if the grandkids didn't have to score HIGHER then their minority counterparts to get an equal shot at grad school admittance and it would be nice if the kids didn't lose out to jobs to less qualified minority counterparts because the corporation hadn't checked off all the boxes required for their mandatory affirmative action hiring program. Its time. Equality for all. 22 years is a long time to have an affirmative (privileged) opportunity and STILL cry about being equal. Being equal with extra privileges is NOT equal.

Old 06-06-2020, 11:36 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,494,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I am all for the government coming in. I wish Trump would send in the tanks. It is absolutely clear that NY cannot protect its self. We have a bunch of pansies running things. So, by letting these idiots destroy our city, the president has no choice but to take action and put matter in his own hands. GO TRUMP! He needs to not listen to or care what the delicate flowers want.
While many might support this in theory, many others would use it against him - and in fact that's what they are trying to do, bait Trump into creating martyrs which can then be used to de-legitimize him. He's thus far avoided this obvious trap. Kent State didn't work out so well for the government, and neither would what you're advocating.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:00 AM

63 posts, read 38,839 times
I dont know why there isnt more protesting in Levittown - that would be making more of a statement as Levittown has had a history of racism particularly after WW2 when they would not sell houses to blacks - even black veterans

Old 06-07-2020, 08:55 AM

853 posts, read 439,778 times
Having moved to LI a few years ago I'm shocked at the amount of racism I encounter.

Even my neighbor casually drops the N word.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:58 AM

853 posts, read 439,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCormack1 View Post
Why don't these left wing protesters march through the uber-wealthy liberal enclaves on the North Shore? It's easy for the media and woke twitter to sneer at the "trashy" white ethnic proles on the South Shore; quite another when it's where the people who raise money for the DNC and work for Woke Capital live.
I'd love to see that. I work and have many clients on the north shore but I generally can't stand the snobbish little bubble they live in.

Bring the protests to Locust Valley. The lefties up there love to virtue signal from the safety behind the gates of their mansions. But they'd never want minorities as their neighbors.

Old 06-07-2020, 08:37 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,875,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyneighbor View Post
Does this mean we can finally get rid of affirmative action? It would be nice if the grandkids didn't have to score HIGHER then their minority counterparts to get an equal shot at grad school admittance and it would be nice if the kids didn't lose out to jobs to less qualified minority counterparts because the corporation hadn't checked off all the boxes required for their mandatory affirmative action hiring program. Its time. Equality for all. 22 years is a long time to have an affirmative (privileged) opportunity and STILL cry about being equal. Being equal with extra privileges is NOT equal.
What are you crying about shorty chatty? Next your gonna tell me the police are doing a great job. The videos will last forever. Can’t imagine how embarrassed future generations are going to be of their ancestors support of the most inept president in history. Watching his future trials will be satisfying!!

Old 06-08-2020, 08:09 PM

22 posts, read 43,548 times
As a Merrick resident, I have always thought of Merrick as the most progressive of the South shore towns. I meet a lot of people from the hipper parts of NYC here who need more space for their families. I would still recommend it to people moving from the city. Definitely over the rest of the towns East of us (Bellmore through Massapequa, which I feel are VERY racist). My child has a diverse group of friends, and the parents mix and mingle very well. We are getting a bad wrap bc of a few morons (many who are from those "other' towns).

To the poster who was saying that he would never live on the South shore; I am from the North shore and I can afford the North Shore but the snobbery and fake liberalism up there combined with the pressure cooker academics are why we chose South. Plus it takes an hour to get anywhere up there.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:59 AM

376 posts, read 305,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSureWhereToGo View Post
As a Merrick resident, I have always thought of Merrick as the most progressive of the South shore towns. I meet a lot of people from the hipper parts of NYC here who need more space for their families. I would still recommend it to people moving from the city. Definitely over the rest of the towns East of us (Bellmore through Massapequa, which I feel are VERY racist). My child has a diverse group of friends, and the parents mix and mingle very well. We are getting a bad wrap bc of a few morons (many who are from those "other' towns).

To the poster who was saying that he would never live on the South shore; I am from the North shore and I can afford the North Shore but the snobbery and fake liberalism up there combined with the pressure cooker academics are why we chose South. Plus it takes an hour to get anywhere up there.
I don’t think Massapequa is as racist as you describe considering they interact with many people of color while shopping at their local stores, shopping centers, malls, etc.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:23 AM

151 posts, read 128,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwsteg View Post
I don’t think Massapequa is as racist as you describe considering they interact with many people of color while shopping at their local stores, shopping centers, malls, etc.
Interacting with people of color in these places doesn't mean that they like them or really welcome them there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island