Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 07:59 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,514,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When polls fail to confirm your opinion go with “ what you think”.
Or wait until November, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2020, 02:36 AM

34,755 posts, read 16,767,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Antifa is mostly peaceful?
I am not peaceful but many of my fellow AntiFa members are.

Old 07-23-2020, 04:53 AM

5,024 posts, read 3,927,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter
I think Portland and its 'mostly peaceful' protestors is doing that right now. ("Mostly Peaceful" is the media/Dem phrase for the [violent] demonstrations ...one has to remember that Jeffrey Dahmer was mostly peaceful but only a desperate apologist would describe him as such.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
They are mostly peaceful, it's just that the whole point of Antifa and their ilk is engaging in a "diversity of tactics", meaning your "peaceful protest" is immediately paired with people willing to engage in violence you can plausibly deny. And what could have given us the notion that BLM is associated with rioting?
Well, when the media describes Jeffrey Dahmer as 'mostly peaceful' (technically true as he was NOT killing and eating folks for more hours than he was actually killing and eating people) one can draw a conclusion as to the media.

When the media/Dems (but I repeat myself) describes a BLM protest as 'mostly peaceful' I'd take it the same way.

It certainly does not mean peaceful. It can (and frequently does) mean very violent with looting, arson, murder, and general mayhem.

(It is also true that the violent people within BLM and the additional violent and numerous leftists such as Antifa and additional Anarchists that might show up as darkness falls can technically be described as 'mostly peaceful'. And it is also true that the media/Democrat have cover not to constantly condemn the violence if the protests are, after all, 'mostly peaceful'.)

If still waiting for BLM to disavow the "Hands up, don't shoot" Ferguson, MO canard. Instead, they proudly march behind that banner.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:45 AM

226 posts, read 128,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Polls? We know how that worked out 3 1/2 years ago, lol. I think there are more “Closet Trumpers” now then there were 3 1/2 years ago.
"Closet Trumpers" weren't responsible for Trump's victory. With the benefit of hindsight, he won via razor-thin margins in three states that hadn't gone to Republican candidates in decades.

Even then, why would there be more "Closet Trumpers" now than 3 1/2 years ago? 3 1/2 years of an anti-PC Trump presidency still not enough to get people to speak truthfully in public? If so, that's pretty pathetic.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:49 AM

6,150 posts, read 9,993,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I remember you saying 3.5 years ago the same about Hillary, how trump didn’t have prayer blah blah blah. Shall I go dig up some of your old quotes? Don’t get too excited over polls in July kid.
It's great that we have been friends that long! and I'm honored you'd take your valuable time to do that... I am super happy to be that important to you. So, feel free to dig up whatever, I don't change screen names, create multiple accounts, etc - which is so very common on this trollfest we like to call the LI board.

Specifically to the point, though - I honestly don't remember anything specific I said except to troll Trumpers because it's so easy to get in their heads. But frankly, if you did spend time to dig some quotes up I'd just take the Trump road and deny it ever happened. "I don't know that person, never met them, never said that, fake news". and BTW, I'd do it with Shaggy playing in my head - "wasn't me".

In the end, we are all just trying to have fun here, right? We can't believe that it matters who is elected - I certainly don't believe it matters. Idiot 1 or Idiot 2 - there will be no winner. Just fun to poke those who actually take it seriously.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:25 AM

34,755 posts, read 16,767,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
"Closet Trumpers" weren't responsible for Trump's victory. With the benefit of hindsight, he won via razor-thin margins in three states that hadn't gone to Republican candidates in decades.

Even then, why would there be more "Closet Trumpers" now than 3 1/2 years ago? 3 1/2 years of an anti-PC Trump presidency still not enough to get people to speak truthfully in public? If so, that's pretty pathetic.
Well me for one. I am a radical AntiFa and Democratic Party member who voted for Hillary in 2016. Unless something radical changes count me in for Trump in 2020.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:43 AM

13,042 posts, read 18,008,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Well me for one. I am a radical AntiFa and Democratic Party member who voted for Hillary in 2016. Unless something radical changes count me in for Trump in 2020.
Why the switch this year.?

Old 07-23-2020, 11:55 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,506,012 times
Honestly I've been pretty impressed at how long the media has been able to keep the virus panic going, in spite of all the evidence that for the vast majority of the people it truly is just-the-flu-bro. Why they want to do it is obvious, yet on most other issues the press have seen their power wane but not this one. I suspect there are several reasons for this.

1. Boomers. They have an absolute rampant fear of death. They will do anything to stave off the grim reaper for another month. They can't look forward to dying at home surrounded by kids and grand kids because their kids are low-fecundity liberal depressives and their grandkids, if they have any, are just a hassle or are out virtue signaling their love of all things melanin. So economic lockdowns, school shutdowns and other restrictions on what little shared social activity are left are just fine with them as long as the SS checks keep coming and they can cling to their toys for just a bit longer.

2. Women. The ladies love a good moral panic where they can worry, fret, wring their hands and most importantly draw attention to themselves by virtue signaling and even better, acting as wokescolds where they can nag everyone in public, not just their husband or dog.

3. The school situation. The uncertainty over this issue has made people even more unsettled than usual. It doesn't help that the laziest of government workers next to DMV, teachers, are holding a big chunk of the economy hostage by refusing to even perform the minimal babysitting that would allow some semblance of normalcy to return to single parent and two-job families. This is going to have interesting repercussions going forward that I don't think anyone is expecting, much less predicting.

Old 07-23-2020, 12:05 PM

57,073 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Data out of the World Data Site, another record setting day yesterday for new infections and also over 1,200 deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Old 07-23-2020, 01:11 PM

874 posts, read 725,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Data out of the World Data Site, another record setting day yesterday for new infections and also over 1,200 deaths.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

but we flattened the curve, we should not be in quarantine anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island