Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 06:13 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,328,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renifer Erop View Post
So most of you are dumbasses?
Yes the majority of our state is made up of Red foreman’s favorite phrase. Luckily for me, it doesn’t matter who runs the place. Red, blue it’s irrelevant I will live here very comfortable no matter what. No politician will hinder my ability to earn a living. The red ones would probably tax me less. They both suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2020, 07:04 PM

486 posts, read 996,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Yawn, same boring false pretense. So stop subsidizing Kentucky and Mississippi and keep that money here for your rainy day. The US govt is almost $10T in the hole and printing play money non-stop (ie DEBT) but once again, NY, cash cow to the nation is the bad one.

Nailed it!

Old 06-25-2020, 07:25 PM

874 posts, read 728,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Nailed it!

do you thinks its time to buy gold? I have a feeling the dollar is on its way out soon

Old 06-26-2020, 06:31 AM

5,052 posts, read 3,956,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
/\ Plus Germany has had a capable, ethical leader.
She has a PhD in Chemistry and saw the best available solution to the Covid-19 problem clearly right away: Keep the virus away from the elderly and nursing homes. At all costs.

Germany has had many cases (200K) - -unavoidable given their location, international travel/trade, large cities, density, and large population (83M). But its cases are/were generally not with the danger population. Just 9K deaths She nailed it - when she announced two months ago Germany might have up to 2/3 of its people one day develop cases based on her judgement, nobody panicked. Germans know it is who has this virus - not how many cases there are.

When there are flareups of cases, again inevitable and expected, Germany clamps down but does not panic. Just two days ago 1500 meat packers (generally younger and heathier folks, of course) tested positive for the virus. So they locked down the region and quarantined the workers. No panic and no overreaction - the number 1500 is essentially meaningless.

The return of the Bundesliga was natural outcome of this scientific understanding from the top down. She knew the players and organizations were not in danger of death...some elderly/ill fans might be. So right now they are playing without fans and with strict protocols. Very rational.

When a better answer emerges - an effective anti-viral or a vaccine - you can bet Germany will be all over it.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:07 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Re: schools ... CT said theyre opening in Sept. i hope we follow suit

Old 06-26-2020, 07:28 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I think you are being a bit alarmist over nothing. People are still traveling in and out of NY and other states daily. Thousands travelled to participate in the mass protests. Baseball is already a social distancing sport, people are out and working at restaurants, stores etc every day now. What about them? Should we just stop because one or two might get sick? Should we stay locked down forever? Life is a risk. When does it end? Basketball, hockey also starting soon btw, both are certainly not social distancing sports
Yes, we should stop and re-lockdown. I was never happier!!! I can cut my own hair and instacart makes me a job creator! Working from home is pleasant and safe and good for the environment. I've now assimilated to LICD Forum and no longer care about anyone else, their health, happiness or livelihoods. MAGA!! #wearingamaskinmyprivateoffice #winning

Old 06-26-2020, 07:40 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Yes this is all tied to Nov elections ... 100% political agenda
Yet people love discussing politics and love our democratic system... that pits worse vs. worst. And we're irresponsible if we don't go out and vote for Mr. Worse.

People who are objective about issues are few and far between. Everyone is either a liberal or conservative, democrat or republican. It's all bs... kids games for adults. For a country supposedly as great as everyone thinks, we are the most divisive I've seen. Even the 911 attack which brought everyone together for a short while had people saying it was all a ploy from within. W T F... are we that bored that we have to fabricate being better than the other side of ourselves?

Last edited by ovi8; 06-26-2020 at 08:24 AM..

Old 06-26-2020, 07:41 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I think you are being a bit alarmist over nothing. People are still traveling in and out of NY and other states daily. Thousands travelled to participate in the mass protests. Baseball is already a social distancing sport, people are out and working at restaurants, stores etc every day now. What about them? Should we just stop because one or two might get sick? Should we stay locked down forever? Life is a risk. When does it end? Basketball, hockey also starting soon btw, both are certainly not social distancing sports
Once again, we both ave legitimate opinions and neither is incorrect. Perhaps, I view this through a different lens than many as I have lost two cousins. However, I personally believe that anyone in a public position, for example, baseball team owners, should be held accountable to the rules. It sets up a privilege that is not unilateral. They feel a player is important to a team. What about a business that has a home office in one of the impacted states that is not permitted to come here unless they quarantine? Is that person any less integral to the operation than a ball player?

I am not asking for anyone to agree with my position, just that if you are making a rule like Cuomo did, then there should not be exemptions for a sports team and no one else.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:32 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Yes, we should stop and re-lockdown. I was never happier!!! I can cut my own hair and instacart makes me a job creator! Working from home is pleasant and safe and good for the environment. I've now assimilated to LICD Forum and no longer care about anyone else, their health, happiness or livelihoods. MAGA!! #wearingamaskinmyprivateoffice #winning

What? No Charlie Sheen image for the #winning?

Old 06-26-2020, 01:30 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
What? No Charlie Sheen image for the #winning?
"winner, winner, sheen dinner"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf14q7hM1e8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island