Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 09:25 AM

874 posts, read 729,234 times

Advertisements

Walked into the deli today, everyone was mask less, sat down an ate my breakfast around all other maskless long islanders, didnt get harassed for a vaccinate passport

didnt get asked for a vaccine passport when I went out on a date to eat for dinner!

Went to the gym, entered without being treated like if I was some dirty vermin asking to see my vaccination papers.

worked out with other maskless people!

went to a bar, and met up with some high school friends! we all had drinks and had a good time, none of us had to stand out side by the fire hydrant like some dog because one of us couldn't get in because they weren't vaccinated!

went to the mall, maskless and breathe in fresh air, smiled and said hi to all the other maskless people who smiled back and waved!

all because I live in Long Island and not NYC!

I heard jim and his friends had a bad night in NYC when some of them forgot their vaccination passport and couldnt get in anywhere and goat soaked outside because nobody would let them in without a vaccine passport. hopefully jim learned his lesson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 10:39 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,542,542 times
In the Northshore where I live, there are still plenty of mask nazis. But it gets more rational in central and south shore LI.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:21 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,717,447 times
I thought you were broke. How did you come into so much money that you could eat out, date, afford a gym membership and go out for drinks? Are you one of those people who are earning 250K a year that you complain about? I thought only the rich people could afford to do those activities.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:43 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,449,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I thought you were broke. How did you come into so much money that you could eat out, date, afford a gym membership and go out for drinks? Are you one of those people who are earning 250K a year that you complain about? I thought only the rich people could afford to do those activities.
He's not a member anymore

Old 09-01-2021, 03:22 PM

90 posts, read 67,165 times
Once everyone is vaccinated (kids included) and the Covid infection rate is back below 1% again, I will feel comfortable again eating indoors in restaurants, going to the gym, shopping at malls, and (gasp) even having drinks at the bar with a dozen new friends (might even buy a drink for broke 30 year old). LOL.

Seriously, is it that hard to keep our masks on, indoors, until folks like broke&30 ”take one in the arm” for the team? Masks suck. I agree. But Covid sucks more. Too many have died. Too many are still getting sick. And it's not going away anytime soon unless we collectively sacrifice for everyone's long term benefit. Stay safe.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:41 PM

259 posts, read 174,640 times
Wear your damn masks!

Old 09-01-2021, 03:56 PM

106,728 posts, read 108,937,910 times
Wow , kind of surprised he is gone but can’t say he didn’t deserve it with his whacko posts

Old 09-01-2021, 04:54 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,522,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilawyer View Post
Once everyone is vaccinated (kids included) and the Covid infection rate is back below 1% again, I will feel comfortable again eating indoors in restaurants, going to the gym, shopping at malls, and (gasp) even having drinks at the bar with a dozen new friends (might even buy a drink for broke 30 year old). LOL.

Seriously, is it that hard to keep our masks on, indoors, until folks like broke&30 ”take one in the arm” for the team? Masks suck. I agree. But Covid sucks more. Too many have died. Too many are still getting sick. And it's not going away anytime soon unless we collectively sacrifice for everyone's long term benefit. Stay safe.
It amazes me that people still live in abject fear like this. Truly Covid Derangement Syndrome.

Sorry girl, it’s never going away no matter what we do, even if you and your cohorts got everything they wanted. It will continue to mutate and become endemic, just like the flu. The sooner you face reality, the sooner you can get on with enjoying your life again.

I know it feels good to have someone to blame. The last two decades have been extremely divisive, and we are an extremely fractured society. But virus gonna virus no matter who you voted for or how many shots you get. Other countries are starting to wake up to this fact. Sweden never locked down. Denmark is in the process of lifting virtually all restrictions. Even Australia, after shocking the world with their China-style lockdowns, just acknowledged that zero Covid is not an obtainable goal and is easing up on the reigns.

All of those counties are more United than the “United States” however. We’d rather blame the other half of the country, gloat over the deaths of our perceived enemies, and deny our enemies medical care than accept the truth, because the truth - that Covid is here to stay - is too difficult to accept.

Old 09-01-2021, 06:07 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,405,223 times
Like a passing kidney stone the OP is finally gone.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:04 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
I was in a Washington Heights McDs two days ago not wearing mask, and some lady asked me to put it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island