Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 10:09 AM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post

We'll see how Cuomo's performance measures up as Florida, Texas and California move through their peak viral activity.

Media (and Dems, but I repeat myself) are frantically and unavailingly attempting to shift the focus to positive cases...given the increased testing that might fool a few...focus on the deaths.

If Cuomo's 'science' resulted in 32, 218 deaths maybe the 'science' of sending positive cases into nursing homes was not really 'science'. Or some sort of dingbat and failed experiment.
That's not just the media that is focused on new cases, that's the health experts and hospitals. The ;ow mortality rate is due to medical advances in treatment over the last few months but you want to somehow give credit to the governors of theses states.

We are have been worst in the world for several weeks due to the other states that felt they had this solved back in May and ignored the guidelines.

Cuomo used a cautious approach to reopening, but some are complaining that he was too tough on these bars which shouldn't have been open in the first place. So keep on quoting mortality rates but these states with the rising infections had 4 months to get it right and now their hospitals are in terrible shape, NY didn't have the luxury of time. But I guess you can always find good news if you look hard enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 10:29 AM

874 posts, read 728,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
I don't agree with a lot of what Cuomo has done as governor, but I will take a cautious, fact bases leadership model for handling a pandemic than a partisan, economy driven ignorance of facts and science. I mean, I see people complaining about the "no drinks without food" rule. If you value your right to get loaded more than your responsibility to the community as a whole, then PLEASE go to Florida and inhale deeply.

nothing about floridas metrics have anything to do with NY.

where in the 7 metrics of NY does it state we need to wait for Florida to enter phase 4?

what is the purpose of cuomos metrics if once you meat the goal, you get shut down with more rules that makes it harder for your business to operate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That's not just the media that is focused on new cases, that's the health experts and hospitals. The ;ow mortality rate is due to medical advances in treatment over the last few months but you want to somehow give credit to the governors of theses states.

We are have been worst in the world for several weeks due to the other states that felt they had this solved back in May and ignored the guidelines.

Cuomo used a cautious approach to reopening, but some are complaining that he was too tough on these bars which shouldn't have been open in the first place. So keep on quoting mortality rates but these states with the rising infections had 4 months to get it right and now their hospitals are in terrible shape, NY didn't have the luxury of time. But I guess you can always find good news if you look hard enough.

allegedly, they claim there is a 2 week incubation period, not a 4 month incubation period.

Why are the cases allegedly"spiking at a time when NY should be finally getting back to normal?

This should have happened months ago! maybe, someone is fudging the statistics? make florida look bad to keep NY shut down longer?

keep in mind that people have been trying to take away Americans rights for hundreds of years, now all they have to do is type 1s and 0s in a computer to keep you in a never ending 2 week lock down.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/c...sitive-results

DeSantis 'concerned' after people who weren't tested for COVID-19 received positive results

Governor DeSantis says he’s concerned about the accuracy of COVID-19 test results.
In a news conference Monday, he said there have been several cases where people received positive results, even though they had never been tested in the first place.

“For that to come back positive, when there was no specimen submitted, is problematic. So I’ve heard it enough to be concerned about it," said DeSantis.

Fox 4 has also received reports of this happening. People have said they submitted their contact information at a COVID-19 testing site, but after seeing how long the line was, they decided not to wait an hour or more to get the test. Nevertheless, a few days later, they got an email or a phone call telling them that they tested positive.

Old 07-22-2020, 03:05 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post

where in the 7 metrics of NY does it state we need to wait for Florida to enter phase 4?

what is the purpose of cuomos metrics if once you meat the goal, you get shut down with more rules that makes it harder for your business to operate?

allegedly, they claim there is a 2 week incubation period, not a 4 month incubation period.

Why are the cases allegedly"spiking at a time when NY should be finally getting back to normal?

This should have happened months ago! maybe, someone is fudging the statistics? make florida look bad to keep NY shut down longer?

keep in mind that people have been trying to take away Americans rights for hundreds of years, now all they have to do is type 1s and 0s in a computer to keep you in a never ending 2 week lock down.

DeSantis 'concerned' after people who weren't tested for COVID-19 received positive results

Governor DeSantis says he’s concerned about the accuracy of COVID-19 test results.
In a news conference Monday, he said there have been several cases where people received positive results, even though they had never been tested in the first place.

“For that to come back positive, when there was no specimen submitted, is problematic. So I’ve heard it enough to be concerned about it," said DeSantis.

Fox 4 has also received reports of this happening. People have said they submitted their contact information at a COVID-19 testing site, but after seeing how long the line was, they decided not to wait an hour or more to get the test. Nevertheless, a few days later, they got an email or a phone call telling them that they tested positive.
1) I never once mentioned Floridas metrics. I just suggested that some people would do a public service by going there and taking a few big lungfuls of air.

2) How would one meat a goal? Would it be best served with a sauce or a dry rub? Is a goal good for grilling? What wine is best served?

3) The rest is just references to DeSantis and Fox affiliates. Since one is the Florida governor and the other is a Texas Fox affiliate, I'd sooner use tarot cards and burning bushes as sources of reliable information. I know medical people in Florida and it's bad there. That's all I need to know.

4) They're trying to take away our rights? Okay......sure.....because "they" would've let Swamp drainer Trump get into office if they had that power. Or allow Mitch "look at all these papers on my desk!" McConnell stay around if they had that power. Or llowed John Roberts to not tow the party line if they had that power. What you're espousing is AWFULLY close to Q;Anon rhetoric....

Old 07-22-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
1) I never once mentioned Floridas metrics. I just suggested that some people would do a public service by going there and taking a few big lungfuls of air.

2) How would one meat a goal? Would it be best served with a sauce or a dry rub? Is a goal good for grilling? What wine is best served?

3) The rest is just references to DeSantis and Fox affiliates. Since one is the Florida governor and the other is a Texas Fox affiliate, I'd sooner use tarot cards and burning bushes as sources of reliable information. I know medical people in Florida and it's bad there. That's all I need to know.

4) They're trying to take away our rights? Okay......sure.....because "they" would've let Swamp drainer Trump get into office if they had that power. Or allow Mitch "look at all these papers on my desk!" McConnell stay around if they had that power. Or llowed John Roberts to not tow the party line if they had that power. What you're espousing is AWFULLY close to Q;Anon rhetoric....

you have people who never were tested being told their are positive in florida, and you have a governor in NY who is using that very data to justify extending his emergency powers to attack small businesses and close them down, and even arrested some.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/long...sts-turns.html

I dont know who q anon is, all I know is what I see infront of me, and thats false positives in one state being used to justify a lock down in another state.

oh yeah, and small businesses being crushed to death, and education going to crap (remote learning).

Old 07-22-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post

I didn't say the incubation period was 4 months just that they had 4 months to prepare and pay attention to the experts advice. Instead DeSantis did the minimum and declared victory on May 20 and criticized the media for questioning his decisions. NY is heading in the right direction for the time being but we have seen enough foolish behavior, its better to add in some caution as Cuomo has done rather than go backwards.

DeSantis need to give his claims that the tests are wrong a break, the fact that the hospitals are filling up should tell us all we need to know.

Old 07-22-2020, 04:51 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
Hospitals are filling up because they re-opened to non-essential procedures. They run at or near capacity normally. Have you actually been to a hospital under normal circumstances? People on gurneys in the hallway because there are no rooms are a normal occurrence in EDs.

Old 07-22-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Hospitals are filling up because they re-opened to non-essential procedures. They run at or near capacity normally. Have you actually been to a hospital under normal circumstances? People on gurneys in the hallway because there are no rooms are a normal occurrence in EDs.
I have read a number of articles on Florida, asking for nurses from other states is not normal, none of this is normal.

Last edited by Goodnight; 07-22-2020 at 06:11 PM..

Old 07-22-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I have read a number of articles on Florida, asking for nurses from other states is not normal, none of this is not normal.

I would think this is the end of america you grew up in. nobody is fact checking. the truth is they are FIRING nurses, yes FIRING

so now they can just punch numbers on a screen and write articles about how the ICU is near capacity, or nurses are neededwhen its always near capacity, and they are laying nurses off in reality . they dont need nurses.

they claim they need workers but they are firing workers

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...fs-nurses-say/

Registered nurses are protesting this week across Tampa Bay and six other states over looming layoffs at HCA Healthcare hospitals.

HCA operates 15 hospitals in its West Florida division along the state’s Gulf Coast. Nurses, who are represented by National Nurses United, one of the largest unions in the industry, say that the layoffs will put patients in danger.

“Their actions have inspired a sense of outrage,” said Martin Peebles, a registered nurse at Largo Medical Center. “It feels like HCA is taking advantage of the situation and using the pandemic in their favor.”

“I don’t understand why they are threatening to lay people off at the same time they’re bringing on more agency staff. It’s wrong,” he said. “And we’re still in the pandemic. There’s no way to know what the medical landscape is going to look like months from now.”

Old 07-22-2020, 06:30 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,258 times
220 dead Texans today from this “flu”. Still not a big deal?

Old 07-23-2020, 07:19 AM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,482 times
Quote:
DeSantis need to give his claims that the tests are wrong a break, the fact that the hospitals are filling up should tell us all we need to know.
Seriously, I don't know who's worse? People like De Santis who think shouting these things loudly will convince people they're true or the rubes sitting on home watching it and deciding it must be true.

Testing has gone up. And sure, testing reveals more of the number of how many people are currently sick.

Testing did not MAKE those people sick.

Testing did not put those people in the HOSPITAL.

Testing did not cause the number of people being put on ventilators.

Testing did not cause calls to go out for medical aid from other states.

Testing did not cause the deaths.

The fact deniers can spin the testing and the positivity rates all they want, but dead is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island