U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2020, 06:02 AM
 
13,340 posts, read 6,562,640 times
Reputation: 12817

Advertisements

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ine-1.50039576

“A Long Island Rail Road employee accused of leaving work early, showing up late and taking a company car home nearly two dozen times over a four-month period has accepted a three-month unpaid suspension and a "last chance warning," railroad officials said Friday.”

The union leader of course blames management, which is fair, but given these abuses why does he even get a final chance?

“According to an LIRR document obtained by Newsday, electrician Kenneth Nittoly, 43, of Long Beach faced several internal charges, including theft of wages and going absent without leave, for a series of incidents this year during which he "arrived late, left early, and/or failed to remain on duty" during his entire shift. He is also alleged to have taken an LIRR vehicle home with him without authorization.”

Wouldn’t “theft of wages” be a criminal matter? In a private sector job you’d be fired immediately if this was found out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2020, 07:47 AM
 
1,487 posts, read 2,670,683 times
Reputation: 1145
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ine-1.50039576

“A Long Island Rail Road employee accused of leaving work early, showing up late and taking a company car home nearly two dozen times over a four-month period has accepted a three-month unpaid suspension and a "last chance warning," railroad officials said Friday.”

The union leader of course blames management, which is fair, but given these abuses why does he even get a final chance?

“According to an LIRR document obtained by Newsday, electrician Kenneth Nittoly, 43, of Long Beach faced several internal charges, including theft of wages and going absent without leave, for a series of incidents this year during which he "arrived late, left early, and/or failed to remain on duty" during his entire shift. He is also alleged to have taken an LIRR vehicle home with him without authorization.”

Wouldn’t “theft of wages” be a criminal matter? In a private sector job you’d be fired immediately if this was found out.
It's tough to afford your own car when earning a salary of $108,291
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2020, 02:50 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 2,531,838 times
Reputation: 4039
I know this has nothing to do with the OP's point but the other day I was in the train and some ticket taker was not wearing her mask correctly. Only her mouth was covered. So I gave her a stare when she asked for my ticket and I pointed to her mask. She corrected it but I could see she wasn't too thrilled with me. And just yesterday another ticket taker walked right past a guy who had his mask off his face. I pointed right to that guy when he asked for my ticket.
From now on if I see people on the train not wearing masks I will refuse to show my ticket.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2020, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Stony Brook
2,372 posts, read 3,517,857 times
Reputation: 1931
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
It's tough to afford your own car when earning a salary of $108,291
On LI it is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2020, 10:22 AM
 
1,736 posts, read 1,144,916 times
Reputation: 1618
I’m never in favor of layoffs reductions etc. soon all of these Lirr and mta guys aren’t going to have jobs anyways. It’s unavoidable no riders they have to cut staff. I was always a hybrid worker 2-3 days in city rest wfh. Since being FT in WFH in March. I’m never going back to the city and I’m sure many will do the same. If my job requires it I’ll find a new one. The mta is in deep trouble.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2020, 03:55 PM
 
217 posts, read 183,501 times
Reputation: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I’m never in favor of layoffs reductions etc. soon all of these Lirr and mta guys aren’t going to have jobs anyways. It’s unavoidable no riders they have to cut staff. I was always a hybrid worker 2-3 days in city rest wfh. Since being FT in WFH in March. I’m never going back to the city and I’m sure many will do the same. If my job requires it I’ll find a new one. The mta is in deep trouble.
Foye is blaming Trump for no bailout. Per usual, I hear zero accountability on the MTA’s part. Who oversees these people? (That’s a serious question)

Even if they did get a bailout, what happens next year, and the year after? Could they have built the 3rd rail at a worse time? Could never run the two they have properly, and then they add a third. Lunacy if you ask me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2020, 05:07 PM
 
5,477 posts, read 11,231,986 times
Reputation: 3234
Fake news. Didn’t you know no one makes $100k out here.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
It's tough to afford your own car when earning a salary of $108,291
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2020, 03:57 PM
 
418 posts, read 218,458 times
Reputation: 382
Sadly, I hear that booking fake hours for workers of Public transportation authorities is widespread. If they cracked down on this, the budget deficits would be less.

How can any worker work 120+ hours every single week? I've heard of that in Investment Banking but not someone who works for the LIRR, MTA, etc.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2020, 06:21 PM
 
13,340 posts, read 6,562,640 times
Reputation: 12817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
Sadly, I hear that booking fake hours for workers of Public transportation authorities is widespread. If they cracked down on this, the budget deficits would be less.

How can any worker work 120+ hours every single week? I've heard of that in Investment Banking but not someone who works for the LIRR, MTA, etc.
I know a woman who’s married to a car maintenance worker. According to her many (including her husband) take turns sleeping under the cars while clocked in, and in the past would punch each other in (until the new biometric time clocks).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2020, 07:31 AM
 
1,713 posts, read 1,756,185 times
Reputation: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I know a woman who’s married to a car maintenance worker. According to her many (including her husband) take turns sleeping under the cars while clocked in, and in the past would punch each other in (until the new biometric time clocks).
wow. Someone should photo them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:34 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top