Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:15 PM

889 posts, read 2,401,976 times

Advertisements

I just rented a nice home in Medford to people who are relocating from PA after living there for 4 years in a beautiful brand new house they had built for them.

They missed Long Island.....welcome home to 2 more Long Islanders who couldn't bare to be away from home any longer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 PM

101 posts, read 376,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
I just rented a nice home in Medford to people who are relocating from PA after living there for 4 years in a beautiful brand new house they had built for them.

They missed Long Island.....welcome home to 2 more Long Islanders who couldn't bare to be away from home any longer

Woohoo welcome back is right!!!!! Sorry they left but glad they are back

Old 05-04-2008, 12:27 PM

889 posts, read 2,401,976 times
They made me laugh when they said that they were tired of driving all the way to NJ from PA just to get White Castle

Old 05-04-2008, 04:40 PM

313 posts, read 1,050,649 times
Wow, good for them. DH and I wanted to move back, but we've given up hope that anyone will buy our house.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:18 PM

101 posts, read 376,858 times
Quote:
They made me laugh when they said that they were tired of driving all the way to NJ from PA just to get White Castle
OMG white castle. I almost died from stomach pains from the one in commack. NIGHTMARE never again YUCK. But it is still cool they are coming back LOL

Old 05-04-2008, 08:58 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,596,365 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with Medford

Quote:
I just rented a nice home in Medford ...

For those who may not be familiar with Medford:

Medford is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) in the central-south part of the Town of Brookhaven, in the central part of Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Medford in the Town of Brookhaven is bordered on the north by the Hamlet of Coram and the Hamlet of Gordon Heights; on the east by the Hamlet of Yaphank and the Hamlet of North Bellport; on the south by the Hamlet of East Patchogue; and, on the west by the Hamlet of Holtsville and the Hamlet of Farmingville.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/Medford-map.gif (broken link)

The Hamlet of Medford has a different border than does the "Medford, NY 11763" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have a "Medford, NY 11763" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of Medford and a place can have other than a "Medford, NY 11763" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of Medford): places that have a "Medford, NY 11763" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of Medford are in the Hamlet of North Bellport, the Hamlet of Yaphank and the Hamlet of Gordon Heights; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of Medford with a "Yaphank, NY 11980" and "Farmingville, NY 11738" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): //www.city-data.com/forum/long-...-resource.html

Old 05-05-2008, 10:43 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,116,758 times
Quote:
I live in VA and only have to go as far as my kitchen. Guess they don't know that you can buy them in the supermarket.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:53 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,606,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
I live in VA and only have to go as far as my kitchen. Guess they don't know that you can buy them in the supermarket.
But you'll have to admit: it's not the same as pulling up to the window and ordering 100 with cheese to go!

Old 05-05-2008, 02:21 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,116,758 times
Maybe not, but it's still cheaper and cleaner in my kitchen then gool ol' WC. I will admit that I am planning on redoing my kitchen in industrial white tile, white Formica and adding bullet proof glass to get that authentic WC feel. Maybe add few homeless guys and a junkie or two for when I want a midnight snack run at 3AM.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:30 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,622,815 times
I am in Manhattan at least 2 or 3 times a month to eat out, enjoy the nightlife, hit up museums and shows.

My husband and I love driving around and finding new restaurants. At least once a week we find a new place. Have plans to do a wine tasting weekend in a few weeks. Take the boat out onto the bay and just relax 2 or 3 times a week. Sometimes we just see signs for events and go, like a big pet expo at the Colleseium. Went to a huge comic book convention a few weeks ago that was a blast. Find parks to walk around in and walk the dog in... When we first moved here, we just drove out East to explore and found tons of neat beaches. There is so much out there if you just leave the house! We are in our late 20's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island